Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• very likely - indeed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yes, Ifound several Sentinel stations that can't be docked by a bug, docking bay is inside hull or similar... but as I haven't seen a Sentinel or Savage station that works, I bet they're not made to be docked :D even they do have a dock. The other Dom Razak,and etc stations jsut doesn't have a dock so it's clear Idon't have to try hehe

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• they are hostile

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes, it seems on multplayer you can't be neutral with them. But with normal DKsavashes... is there any bribe with them ? Except killing the proper NPCs...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• OP 1 question

After many crash while i try to undock from LP planet(Pink Eagle with basic equipment^), and with the help of the SMG Myric or Ecli ;) (he spare hull upgrade to me for testing purpose) i give up and delete this char.

I delete this 1 and create new 1 with the same name "Mellon"But this char was lvl 49 with 150.000 on it^^ (starting money)weird.

I want to make same chronological order:

1) Force/installation of 1.8 (bugged installation-we already discuss this mater) and this time i create 3 char:Mellon; Mellon Righteous and Bond.Anyway i never was able to leave the planet NY as i mention b4 game was bugged(red screen).I think that my Mellon char stay in space this time.
    As u remember after many attempt i make decision to reinstall windows, np {before i do that friend come to my aid (and i blame friend's PC lol), and i check accessibility from my IP location)}.But i did not uninstall FL and CF game 1 (should i?)just format C.

2) After formation, creation new partition, new W XP installation and i install 1.8 successfully.Ok

When i enter in game new ID appear(same ID that i pick via friend's PC/hd), and i proceed, in order to create my first char "Mellon".But i receive msg: "char with this name is already in use, pls try another name"

Hmm..Then i remember-My char is still live at server, but at another ID, and yes.After few minutes i found my 3 char, and delete them.Then i change my ID and create chars with the same names.Everything ok.

Then this weird thing happen to me in LP and i delete this "Mellon" char and create new 1 with the same name(but with lvl 49 from the start)

Now i have 7 different IDs and this"phantom" Mellon char.

This can be a problem?

• I think that mission locations are reandomly chosen by the server.
    One time i lured the enemy into a minefield

• The red screen may be brought by the ativated shader and/or screen shot setting, as it happened to me once, as I set it up all to max... <_<

About the 'phantom' Mellon... is weird... I knew somehing about changed, modifyed names will be bugged until a next server restart. But at how fast this server crashes atm, I think that wasn't a problem ? :D

• dunno about the ids

the locations of mission zones can get adjusted

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• K.btw Picard gave me a hand in a LP.Sry Picard this was a joke.

Now undocking working better(Shroud with basic equipment), i try 5 times and every time i lose 40-50% of hull, but i stay alive.^^Anyway i think that LP docking ring need to be fixed.

ps
    i can live with these IDs ;)

• After the "Beta 4 Reports" checkpoint in m1b in SP, King detects incoming Rogues, and a few seconds thereafter, the base and weapon platforms are supposed to appear. I always CTD at that point.

I had previously experienced a non-repro crash during the opening movie at the point where Freeport 7 was blowing up. In this case, running a second time (no other changes) played through okay until hitting the above CTD.

System specs:
    XP SP3, AMD 3500+, 1GB RAM, ATI X800XL 256MB

I did not use "compatibility mode for older video cards" when installing CF. Would that, or any other setting affect crashing problems? Is deactivate/reactivate the only way to change those settings?

--
    John

• will have to check that first

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Bug in New Hong Kong:
    3 lanes lead to a place called "Lanzhou Shipyard", but when u arrive there , there is no shipyard. Instead theres another station ("Mirtrrak Battle Station") which doesnt even have a ship dealer. Using the Navmap its also called Lanzhou shipyard, but when u select it , it shows as Mirtrrak Battle Station (in docklist and ingame selection, everything else still says Lanzhou shipyard). probably an id conflict.

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• Ok i also run into few glitches,New York is laggy for me,some cruise engines upon activation have that engine trail slightly turned to the left,i mean it looks like they are coming from left wing. And i dont know if it is a bug but enemies in new york for example pirates and i mean lowest level ones are almost impossible to kill with lasers,their flying is very fast and erratic,i tested it with defender, it took me 10 minutes to kill 1 pirate.They just cant be targeted,they move too unnatural and sometimes they just stop like they are dead in space.

• A ship bug.....Chimera still has docking issues. ie, if coming to a jumpgate at an angle, it will attempt to dock but become stuck sideways. I know this is small issue for later, but wanted to report it anyways

Edit, unable to sell cargo at Donezk Station, Vorkuta

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

Originally posted by antesimic
    Ok i also run into few glitches,New York is laggy for me,some cruise engines upon activation have that engine trail slightly turned to the left,i mean it looks like they are coming from left wing. And i dont know if it is a bug but enemies in new york for example pirates and i mean lowest level ones are almost impossible to kill with lasers,their flying is very fast and erratic,i tested it with defender, it took me 10 minutes to kill 1 pirate.They just cant be targeted,they move too unnatural and sometimes they just stop like they are dead in space.

thats not really mod related
    performance issues are either due to slow i-net connections or loss or they are due to slow hardware

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Little ship-bug

The LCA Typhoon (cfpericlese.cmp) shows ingame only nine of twelve engine flames but on the model (viewed with hardcmp) all engine hardpoints are in their proper place and the shiparch.ini calls also for twelve exhaust nozzles.

[SIZE=3]????????[/SIZE]

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Probably is a performance issue coz i'm running it on windows 7 and its not exactly high end system but it works and my internet connection is 2 mbit so i dont think thats problem, i will try it on my new computer when i get home,there should work just fine. if i run into any glitch i will post it. cya in space! Ps.and SWAT_OP-R8R this is the best mod there is,congrats.

• BUG: Dom Nepesh Cruise Distruptors drops into space(when killing Dom Nepesh..), but when tractoring the loot, there're no Nepesh CDs in cargo.

When I kill Dom Nepesh, there are several 'Dom Nepesh Cruise Distruptor' items dropped together with other stuff... and when I tractor it, there are no nepesh CDs in cargo, neither ammo or anything new.

Well, I suppose if those CDs shouldn't be mountable on normal ships, they shouldn't exist as drops/lootable items O-º

• Picard has seen something similar with an other peace of equipment. If it's the same bug, I would expect that the drops that are not visible in cargo will be visible when trading with an other player.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov