Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• So, the bug now is that the server is there... nothing, neither CF's site can connct to it, but if you wait without pressing the 'Refresh' button the server's ping appears, and also say theres 1 player in it. All the time. As ghostman also repoted... It's like sombody took control over the server andnot letting anyone enter... cus I can see my chars after clicking it for 1/4 seconds... sometimes. So the server is there...

Is OP testing something without warning ? :/

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I see the same thing has Michael, so it's not just him.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• Possible Bug: Seconds after entering X coming from Nomad's Lair the entire space in front of me erupted in flack and i lost half my hull and all my shields. There were absolutely no ships of any sort visible or on my radar. The flack just appeared out of nowhere.

Rednek, Rednek {g}, Rednek {m}

• Bug: The Dimansional Rift in Sol has a bug.... when you're trying to get in.. and when the movie mode comes in .... your ship doesn't getting through the hole... I had that problem with the Jump Gate to Jupiter(going to Saturn) as well.. but I finally did get through in it.. I don't think that's from me anyway

Originally posted by Inferno
    Those stations are supposed to be red to you ... so far you cant dock on red ones ...

No, that's wrong.
    I can't dock, because in the system folder are no subfolders with information about the bases. It's impossible to dock when the bases have no rooms.
    Either the subfolders are missing or the dockbutton should be inactive.

Bug in Open SP: Jump from Menton (CF48 ) to Scotia (CF47) --> CTD
    Some smaller issues:
    - In Minnck system the tradelane between Timath jumpgate and Lyselm Refinery has a wrong identifier.
    - The Mirtrrak Battlestation in Whyr has the nickname CF61_01. I think it should be CF78_01.

Thomas

• 70% of the reported bug can not be reproduced by me
    sorry
    the jumpgates and systems work fine

i can not fix something that does not exist

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• An Idea just struck me...

OP, How about when people get a CTD, they test again to se if it is a replicable bug, they then PM you immediateley with their MPID and tell you what action to do to make the CTD. Then You can test it yourself, knowing you have a good install, and thats half of the problem eliminated, either it is a real bug, or it is just the persons install (or environment).

another advantage is that you may see what equipment people are using.. the makup of their char, just in case all people seem to be using the same gun for example...

?

• A good recommendation to all those reporting bugs: Verify with an other player if the has the same bug in the same circumstance. It will be very helpful since it will weed out all the problems related to one computer in particular and those related to a bugged install. The more precise you can be the faster OP will be able to correct it. Let's not swamp him with non replicable bug reports.

Edit: Saxon sniped me :)

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• 10 ppl notice a crash
    10 ppl check it again with a crash
    10 ppl report to me because they all think that they have caused the crash

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    the jumpgates and systems work fine

If by that you mean you don't see trains getting stuck in jumpgates as Sam-Arrow-Thomas reported I have been able to duplicate that one. It seems to only happen when more than one train tries to enter the jumpgate at the same time. I have only witnessed it in NY, Hudson, Bering, and Texas.

Rednek, Rednek {g}, Rednek {m}

• I have not seen trains getting stuck and i have not seen jumpgates being reason for crashes yet. Not even the Nephele datadisk does cause crashes (i have tested that 4 times meanwhile)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 2 Reasons for crashes:

1 --> Not restarting the game from the Launcher
    2 --> Some of the new systems may caused these crashes

OP , can't you do like last time on 1.7 ... the Launcher downloads some updates " 0.... 8... 456... 500... " and if someone doesn't have them .. he will be kicked from the server and only him .. , that he didn't recieved the new updates and he eventually will be kicked,, only him... Or that can happen later because you've just ran the server a few days ago? ^^

• 1. the restart is not neccessary
    2. the systems are clean
    3. the launcher already downloads updates (and verifies files)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well.. there are no other explanations left for the crashes except --> Groups & PM Messages. Could they crash the server? .. because everytime we send lots of PMs and the server crashes... I think they are maybe a little involved.

• Yes this is the same here..
    I am trying to re-download again and do clean install..to see if it makes a difference.
    3 things:

1.Data disk has same thing not complete text telling us to lookin in the places for the three other disks.etc.

2. I had the game running last night, everything was fine launched from launcher and had new files downloaded, logged off..today the download had dissapeared from my pc..nothing, no launcher was there,,even no downpload in my documents.. it was simply gone..
    re downloaded it did clean install and it worked BUT NO LAUNCHER at all..just started with old freelancer style start up but it went to the mod.I had everything but the MANDAR gate was ctd again..
    3.Trying to redown load it again as it has dissapeared from my documents again..this is very strange.