Crossfire 1.8 activation probs

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• As the title explains, I cannot activate my copy of CF 1.8 in FLMM 1.31. Each time at about 65% of the process it reports an activation error. But to notice it is a different file each time. Got fresh FL copy, flmm 1.31, the mod itself installs ok but it just won't activate.

• I had the same prob... Then I tried unmounting mod, uninstalling FL (all including savegames), then reinstalling, rebooting PC, then remounting 1.8 (no needed to unpack 1.8 again) and I was GTG. Try that all in the same order I just told you and all your current sensations of despair and anxiety should wear off.

• if it would be a problem with the script then the script would not report random files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• removed savegames?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If it would be the savegames, it would crash before the Main Menu, when it's loading the game. If it crashs after launching to space... it may be a performance setting too high for your PC ? I had nearly the same thing... just after I undock, I was seeing a red screen, reactivated(on a fresh FL installation) without an advanced CF setting, and it works great now :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• i dont know what it is but if it would be mod related then ALL players would have this problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 3x all fresh and still get the error...

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.80 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.80\Data\SOLAR\PLANETS\custom28.cmp' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\SOLAR\PLANETS\custom28.cmp')

and don't underestimate my skills of installing CF mod, after all I have played on CF for over 2,5ys and I have reinstalled CF more than 20x... so if I was doing sth wrong I would have known it

• When I fisrt launched the mod, I noticed that the launcher was upgraded to v2.1, but after that first connection with the server, I get launcher v1.6 again. On the initial launch I was able to sell salvaged cargo, but now I cannot sell cargo at all, apparently. I only downloaded the mod 2 days ago, so I thought I had the "market fix" version; I guess I'll have to go through the 4-hour process all over again... ?(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• launcher V1.6 for CF 1.8 is absolutely wrong! it implies that u might have accidentally installed the CF1.7 patch? this patch is incompatible with CF1.8, sorry.

CF 1.8 comes with launcher V2.01 (or above, if i need to change things)

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Nope, I did not install the patch, only the CF 1.8 mod. Mod install was no problem, when I let it find its own destination, and FLMM had no problems activating it. In any case, I appear to have a bad economy setup, so I will have to do it all over agin, anyway. :(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• hey you two this is my thread and my space to mourn!

• i only have avg... and i dont think it has got anything to do with it... but i will try as i am desperate

• I am happy to report that I finally realized my activation problem: Saxon is correct, the launcher was picking up CF1.7 files, but not from a restart file. What I finally did was to remove CF 1.7 from FLMM altogether, so CF 1.8 is the only mod there. I think that the launcher was picking up the CF 1.7 website file from the /mods folder, since it has numerical priority over 1.8 when both are present.

Now I have a stable install, trading is normal, and the server has not crashed within seconds of login! My apologies to those who were incovenienced by the server crashes I undoubtably caused... 8)

EDIT:
    I thought this problem was cleared up, but I just tried to launch CF again, and even with no trace of CF 1,7 in my mods folder, the v1.6 launcher came up again! I guess I'll now have to try and delete the mods folder itself, to be sure there is no possibility of cross-contamination... X( Otherwise, I can see no clear solution, apart from re-activating CF every time I want to log into the serveer.