Posts by KraKen

Hello. I havent player crossfire simpleplayer in ages and i wanted to try it again.

The thing is that after mision 20, when at Sol i fight the Nomad Carrier, a screen that says "Second battle group on the way" or something, nothing happens, i kill the carrier.

Then i begin mission 21 and that fleet appear at X-3043 at 220k of distance. Then i use any jump gate on the game and 7 battleships of last mission + Juni + Orillion + King spawn with me when i enter any system.

Did i do anything wrong on the last missions? i always let the game patch up b4 playing

Thanks for any help i can get.

I had the same prob... Then I tried unmounting mod, uninstalling FL (all including savegames), then reinstalling, rebooting PC, then remounting 1.8 (no needed to unpack 1.8 again) and I was GTG. Try that all in the same order I just told you and all your current sensations of despair and anxiety should wear off.

My bad Lone, i said it wrong... i meant that its naive to blame rp ONLY, like if rp were a shroud of unaccountability for any1s actions.
    The pint of my thread was leave all RP matters inside the very RP realm, and every issue between players discussed via PM

Hey again Lone... good 2 see you are staying with us in these hard times.

Id like 2 share my oppinion, since ive noticed that blaming all problems on RP is NAIVE. Ok being provoked happens 2 all of us and could happen anywhere. RP is just an excuse. If u get angry cuz u got killed by sum1 chasing u for 30 minutes cuz that has sumthin 2 do with RP, deal with it... alone, with that annoying dog or with some friends from clan. Ive been through it... in my 1st week marauder chased me train through 5 systems just 4 the fun of it and we ended up with a big laugh in the end.

If this post intends to share ideas about how 2 fix this situation... i suggest the very old fashion REVENGE PACT... If sum1 feels insulted in any valid way, this sum1 has the right to have his ((((((1)))))) revenge, all within the means of RP. In the old days ppl demanded satisfaction through gun dueling... why cant we do it as well? How knows it might end up being fun.

BTW, its another way of showing that every RP issues, even those childish grudges should b solved inside RP as well.

Ok guys gtg, hope i helped somehow

Regards

In the means of keeping coolness in this matter i wont say anything about the contraditory and potentially harmful comments against the community i just read above, and urge any1 to close this thread.

Regards

Ive had the same error before (in Win XP) and ive noticed that in both occasions the files at hand (there are more than the ones u see) are being used by another program.
    While u install/copy/move anything, disconnect from inet, disable your antivirus and any other prog that is checking those files. And go to file properties and config them for Modified Only while u at it (the entire freelancer and crossfire directory.

Regards

hey all, in stuck at stutgart right now... everytime i come out, i get killed by atmosphere (im using battleship right now)
    Is there any way to get out without sellin bs? Thanks