Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• In which game as teh server is down the past... hour, or even more.

Even by the good intentions... OP¡s really busy with more important stuff atm. There is noRP or PvP at ALL if he doesn't manage to fix the bugs/problems there are now.... so give it time and... more tiime for his work :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Bond you are indeed correct that its a matter of pride, and remember i did take part in these battles over 1 single tax for many years, i know the economics. People who want to win all the time do the expensive missile spamming. and gain 100k credits per kill and spend maybe 60-100 million in a battle. People like me, die maybe a bit more than 50% of the time, loosing 100k here and there, and spend maybe 500k on mines and CDs total. Clan that looses are the ones who spend the most money, unless they are playing for pride only, which means they are just looking at stats.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the missile cooldown in place.

• I agree again cos yes this is linked with missile spammers, but i if fight last for 5 min or more u will spend more than 500.000 mostly, ofc as i said again in another topic, do not link my observation only with PvP.
    When i open new topic or reply at smth important i usually thinking b4 i do this. :)

(as u can see i defend my pride in last sentence)

ps
    wait for reactions now lol

• Wait for 'reactions' ? Who's that person... somebody old here ? heh

It would also be cool something sold, or something to do in the DK systems... as all that new Sector is GREAT, really great, but you don't have anything to do in the many DK safe systems...once you explore the zone few or several times... even Iheard there will be a patch that will continue the MP storyline in that sector !
    This work is still not finished... and so, I repeat we should give time first for important stuff, like making the server work fine and smashing all possible bugs for a perfect mod. Then we may help it with ideas to improove...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• my calculations are not wrong@bond
    and the past 2 years are proof of that
    end of discussion - there wont be any changes going into that direction

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thats why the server is still "Beta" so in time all the players problems wiil be solved in a way or another :D

PS: OP now i realized that its fair enough with the docking matter , if anything was allowed... all players were at lvl 100 .

Off-topic : I didn't want to cause this little conflict with my last post :D

• np

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 5th patch got released now
    next to the docking restriction for big ships that i did a few days ago the following changes have been done

-Alien guns have not a lvl restriction
    -PPCs are now visible when being docked (had to completly recreate the models)
    -Originally the mod was meant to have 11 new gun models but with the first release i forgot to activate 8 of them... now all of them are active (alien guns use them)
    -mission areas in coalition space have been moved away from darkreign cannons
    -map items in nephele are not visible without exploring anymore
    -brightness in arena got reduced
    -Hyperion-Sol Jumphole got fixed
    -Mirtrrak Battlestation fixed
    -Lanzhou Shipyard fixed
    -LCA Typhon Engines fixed
    -DK Outposts fixed
    -Juneau Shipyard reputation fixed
    -Dock command removed from hostile alien stations
    -Armored Transport + all other utility ships got a shield upgrade/fix
    -Cheetah shield bug fixed
    -overlaying wrecks in Tomsk fixed
    -Werewolf description fixed
    -Tiger description fixed
    -Jack Blinch quest fixed (in sol and in nephele)
    -Tradelane identifier in Minnck system fixed

There were a 4 reports that I have not fixed yet but since they are very minor issues there is no hurry. Several crash reports could not get confirmed and reproduced... they probably are old and already fixed as they cover with old reports which i fixed with previous updates.
    The hiruga sound problem of the repeating anomaly warning does not appear to be fixable. It is caused by the very close jumpholes and repeats the message for every jumphole that is in range while the trigger for that message is only close to the hole that you are heading to.
    Only solution i have in mind for this is rebuilding parts of the system.

This update is a bit bigger than the previous ones (about 37mb). Take your time to let the launcher patch the game.

I also have done a small update to the server (not related to the stuff ive done yesterday) to eliminate the final console error. However i dont expect that the problems will go away suddenly since ive noticed that ppl didnt restart their FL (again) after the update.

sooner or later they will have to restart it... then further tests can take place
    tomorrow evening i finally want to do the encounter tests

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Rafaelo
    Nice. You are pretty nice modder :D

I'm expecting the text of another blackbox which can be taken from Menton to be fixed.

done

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• After patching, I loaded previous game that saved at Menton and found it but It's not fixed while Jack-blinch's datadisk is fixed
    Juneau shipyard is hostile yet.

I must restart SP?
    ----------------
    oh sorry, there are new 2nd patch again.
    I'll check :D

• By OP "-Alien guns have not a lvl restriction "
    So, they got fixed... and the ones who already mounted some... have to unmount them, right ? Cryyyysiiis... let's unmount in groups :D

• My god.
    After 3rd patching, Menu screen is changed and I can't load saved game.
    FL can't read savefile preview.

--------------------------
    I did reinstall and It's ok
    I dunno why the upper happened but now no problem

• menu screen has not changed at all
    the only thing that might have changes is the brightness of the background
    if the savegame doesnt load then this is because you had a utility ship (train, transport or something like that)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Michael
    Cryyyysiiis... let's unmount in groups :D

That's never going to happen