Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello everyone,a belated Happy New Year to you all,[wave]

I heard about the mod from a mate last week but as I am an old seasoned veteran I have waited a while until my first run, seems like I did the right thing waiting a few days. I have just this minute finished d/l the 1.8 mod and a fresh mmv1.3 all I have to do is remember how to install everything in the right order. :tongue: I'm having to do it on my laptop cos my main pc is down at the moment, I have some serious problems to sort out with it, so it may be a while before I go online, not only because it just seems weird sitting at the table but I have to find my notes for the kb setup I spent hours configuring and to be honest I don't want my arse handed to me inside the first hour, I get enough of that playing 'cof cof' MW on my console.
    Hopefully I will be as lucky as last time I installed on a new OS. I was initially one of the few to play on Vista without any trouble whatsoever so with having Win7 on this lappy I hope it goes well otherwise I will have to wait until I have rebuilt my pc with the XP/Vista drives on. Anyway here goes If I get it up and running I may just poponto MP to see how it goes but I will be spending some time running thro the SP again .

Be seeing you

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

Originally posted by Marauder
    @ OP, I have tried several huds and the setting for color blind, but still have probs seeing reticle quite a bit. I still have the mouse ini file that you released a couple years ago......is it ok to use this file? If its best I wait so it doesnt screw up any debugging...I understand....just asking 8)

the color blind option actually is the same as the mod i once released (the same files)

you dont find the music?
    good!!!!

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thanx for amswer OP....i must need different setting in installing game....i'll proceed checking those. Maybe i missed or have to use original hud settings. Thanx again :D the game looks beautiful!!

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• you still can use the color blind mod i released if you think its working better
    its compatible with cf1.8

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• What is "color blind mod"?Tell us, is it relative with light?
    Can it help with too many lights in the arena, and some other systems?
    I am literally blind after few days.

And yes games looks (i can not say beautiful with my settings) awesome with new, but discrete effects.I like that way.

• installed new server software today to improve the restarts and the server uptime

the last 3 restarts where due to me
    besides that the server was running smooth the past 3 hours

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Deeply impressed, I am deeply impressed about the quality of this mod. Once it get fixed it will be a shining star in the modding scene.

• sure, and i could make sure you wont be able to play the mod if you touch a file

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ Bond

The original color-blind mod turns the recticle white in color full time.

The new color-blind mod doesnt turn the recticle white full time anymore so I am switching to the original now knowing it is compatible with 1.8 :)

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Did someone get banned already? Did it? Did it? Did it?

I`m gonna hump the sh** out of my monitor if i`ll find out... ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• OP, relax man. I wasn't going to upload the music files (if I manage to play them) somewhere and tell everyone! I'll keep them for myself (as I do with all my other tracks). I just love them :D . I will copy the files first, somewhere else, probably on another partition :P . Don't tell me you implemented some sort of protection that doesn't allow that (even with FL CF closed!) OMFG :P .

Anyways, I doubt I'll manage to open the files. You probably encrypted them very well, but you warned me not to mess up with them so... :P

• But the name of the songs are a secret too ? O.º I say again about the music in Inner Core... telling a name won't hurt anyone xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yes the server's been down for the past 2 hours. I guess OP is working on it. Don't worry, it'll probably be up and running tomorrow. ^^

Meanwhile, you can read the story behind the Crossfire universe. :D

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!