Posts by Aukmune

Hello everyone,a belated Happy New Year to you all,[wave]

I heard about the mod from a mate last week but as I am an old seasoned veteran I have waited a while until my first run, seems like I did the right thing waiting a few days. I have just this minute finished d/l the 1.8 mod and a fresh mmv1.3 all I have to do is remember how to install everything in the right order. :tongue: I'm having to do it on my laptop cos my main pc is down at the moment, I have some serious problems to sort out with it, so it may be a while before I go online, not only because it just seems weird sitting at the table but I have to find my notes for the kb setup I spent hours configuring and to be honest I don't want my arse handed to me inside the first hour, I get enough of that playing 'cof cof' MW on my console.
    Hopefully I will be as lucky as last time I installed on a new OS. I was initially one of the few to play on Vista without any trouble whatsoever so with having Win7 on this lappy I hope it goes well otherwise I will have to wait until I have rebuilt my pc with the XP/Vista drives on. Anyway here goes If I get it up and running I may just poponto MP to see how it goes but I will be spending some time running thro the SP again .

Be seeing you

and a big welcome from me too this is my second incarnation on the server ,though I've flown SP for a looooooooong time .
    I've just aquired a Titan and some level 10 weps , mind it does help to have the database and my wreck notes from the last time I flew ) ;)

be seeing you

I have installed Vista Ultimate and XP on separate drives to prevent any possible interference and use boot selector to choose .
    I run AVG and Spybot with Windows firewall/defender

My first choice of game to try on the Vista drive was FLCF , I had no problems whatsoever , all installed fine and I logged on to the CF server ok , had a little fly around , couple of the players on at the time welcomed me etc , then I parked my ship , that was a few months back.

Recently I purchased an HP laptop premium spec running Vista Home Premium , for the last few days I have attempted to Log onto the CF server using said lappy , vanilla game ran ok , CF SP ran ok then when I tried MP, I got the same sorry message cannot connect .
    So today I am back on my tower and booted up Vista , CF still there just as I left it . I get to the server page highlight the name click connect btw it also says I have been to the server before but now I get the sorry message instead of logging on.
    Nothing has been changed on that drive apart from the updates for OS spyware and antivirus.

The tower is hard wired to my BT hub the Lappy is wireless as is my wifes and the the 360 and I don't usually have connection problems as such .

I have tried running in compatibility mode for XP and opened the Windows firewall to Freelancer and Crossfire still no joy.

So now I am going to do a fresh install of the game and mod onto my XP drive and see what happens.

be seeing you :))

update 16:20 GMT straight on to XP drive logged onto server seems I've lost my char but Im on WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

still going to persist with the lappy/vista tho bought this particular one because it gives me hdmi to my hdtv

Hi guys just introduced a new member goes by the name of dazzzzer however I have a problem when I try and connect to the server I get the message ... I'm sorry could not connect etc is the server down or do I have another problem ?
    btw I have just installed on a new laptop running Vista , installation went fine no problems sp game plays ok I have just checked.

be seeing you :))

Me too Guys I SP most games
    Prob is I also have all the other decent mods still here on my drive and every so often I will throw one of them on the screen and have a few hours fun and ' ahem' occasionally go for god mode with a fav ship with no limit missiles/torps , full on mega weps and ship boosted to aprox half light speed , blip the booster and I'm way across a system wheeeeeeeeeeeeee catch me if you can [94][92]
    8)

Hi guys a Q? for the forum
    In the new year I will be setting up a clan for my self and a few mates , it will cover any game on any platform , in fact I already use it on COD W@W as [ LoLS ] Aukmune and one or two other games
    I would like to use LoLS on Crossfire as well so my Q? is ... are there any spacers out there already using the tag ?

btw It stands for Legion of Lost Souls

I pride myself on my originality in my work I will be absolutely gutted/demoralised/destroyed completely devastated
    well maybe a bit peeved at least , to think I have plagiarised someone else's idea
    :P

so could you kind guys n gals let me know as soon as possible
    thanks
    Aukmune

54 'slimish' good looking laid back but totally unfit wannabe astronaut/galactic explorer (all my life since I can remember) now into second childhood , average at FPS but improving . I die as much as I destroy the opposition (n.b. don't pee me off I can be viciously sly, you will not enjoy your spectacular death when I catch you :D ) at the moment you will find me on COD W@W or GOW 2 getting slaughtered and kicking ass alternately

Hi guys my vote would be for Mass Effect
    I am currently on my 6th incarnation as Shock Trooper Commander Shepherd

If they introduce FLancer style space combat in ME 2 and/or take it online as MP ( or 3 it is intended to be a trilogy) then its going to be hard even harder to beat

Hi guys
    These petitions have been knocking around for ages ,I think I signed my first one over 3 years ago.
    Q? has anyone ever seen/received information as to what M/S ACTUALLY think about said petitions and requests?
    They must be aware of the dissatisfaction amongst the community, but I for one have not seen an 'official' reply from anyone with final authority on the matter , yes I have read things like 'MS has no plans for the future won't be making a sequel' from unconnected sources but never an explanation as to why not or to why they won't release the code as has been done for other games , so what's the crack?
    How about you OP?
    Anyone?

maybe they are planning an xbox version :P

oops [redface]
    thanks guys strangely enough I automaticaly noted the MPID this time but cannot remember if I wrote it down last time , had soooooooooo much to think about since then
    I'll look through my mod notes

Hi Guys
    I finally reinstalled FL after installing a new mobo and I am running CF mod on Vista , been a while since I flew so I've been pootling around NY in openplay for an hour setting controls again shooting rocks dodging asteroids , then decided to cross to MP after I was comfortable , I've already run MP on Vista a few months ago , however ... when I got to the select character screen I wasnt able to choose , no character , hmm I thought ??? right I'll have to create a new one but!!! when I type in Aukmune I get a message saying this name is already taken . I am assuming this is from the previous time I joined up . I just spent the last hour scouring the forums for an answer now I've gone word blind , if it is there I cannot see it
    8)
    Q?
    How do I access my first char ?
    What have I got wrong ?
    someone please point me in the right direction :)