Crossfire Champion's League (CCL) 19-26th Sep

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• I just wanna let you guyz all know that I just got my driver's license and I am ready to rock-and-roll.
    So, being all elated, I have decided to create a competition that will (that is, if EventManagers allow me to hold the competition the 2 Saturdays, Sep 19 and 26) bring something new to the server, a one-time opportunity to make 100,000,000 credits for only 9 fights.
    I can only tell you it will be organised similar to Champion's League in football :D
    Winner takes all. The rest will shed tears :D

Here are [BLINK]the rules[/BLINK] :
    The right to participate is reserved for the first 16 players who post a reply with nothing written but "IN".
    The players will randomly (by a strange mathematical probability algorythm, with care that the best fighters are not placed in 1 group, blowing their chances of reaching later stages and making the competition less interesting) be divided into 4 group of 4 and this will be the so called "Group Stage" and it will occur on the first Saturday.
    The rest of the competition, including the final match, will be held on the 2nd Saturday.
    Each win gets you 2 points and your opponent 0, if your opponent selfkills you get 1 point and he loses 1 point and vice versa. This point structure is to encourage players not to win by spamming CDs and making their opponents simply selfmissile themselves. Points are present only in group stage. If an applicant decides not to present himself or is unable to fight, 2 points will be awarded to each of his group opponents for every fight they would ve have to fight.
    In every group, each player duo will play each other 2 times. The top 2 players with higest points number proceed to the quarterfinal to the so called "Knockout Stage".
    In the Knockout Stage each pair will fight only once, losers lose^^ and winners move on to the semifinal.
    Semifinal is also with only 1 fight for the final, losers go home crying to their daddies.
    And, finally, the final match, where two most consistent PvPers will decide who gets 100,000,000 credits and a well-deserved rest. The final match loser gets 35,000,000.
    As an ouverture to the final there will be a match for the 3rd place and a 15,000,000 credits worth consolation prize.
    I hope you will like it, and I expecting to get 16 application replies by Saturday morning, when I intend to announce the exact starting time and the groups.
    Note that in group stages, 2 groups, A and B, C and D will play at the same time to fasten things up a bit.
    Since the fights are not very demanding for PCs (no group fighting) everything except bots and batteries will be allowed.
    I am waiting for clearance to start preparing and hereby send a plea for ServerPolice to notify the server crew appropriately.

The event WILL NOT BE HELD if there are not 16 players with "IN". And I appeal to those who made it in the first 16 with "IN" to post a notice of not being able to participate in time so we can find replacements. The replacements will be players who posted "IN" after 16th place or if none of those present, then random server online selection.

Only players in FIGHTERS may participate, so pls bear that in mind. I do not want capitals causing lag and nooby Destroyers/Cruisers.

Also read my 2nd reply here called "A little something more" - some newly updated rule setting options

Please read my replies lower here for more specific information about the whole process and the event, and to see who youll be fighting [9]

I was thinking to adjust the event time to the players who would apply, but if you really want, then I think we shouldnt set it too late, so 7PM GMT. UPDATED

Uhm, there has been a new change concerning the time of the start of the event - its gonna be a bit later - starts at 10PM GMT. I found something great to be doing at 7-10pm so I cant :DNEWLY UPDATED

• [BLINK]A little note[/BLINK]

This event is intened to be my comeback to playing events. After this event I will again participate in events personally, not here tho, cuz I will have to do some serious work to keep this up and running UNLESS i find someone to supervise and count in time, youll be notified in time if this happens.
    So now we have 1 player already, keep it comin'.

Originally posted by SMG_Diablo
    that is, if EventManagers allow me to hold the competition the 2 Saturdays, Sep 19 and 26

This Event Manager has no problem with you doing it.

Good luck and I hope it is fun for all.

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• [BLINK]A little something more[/BLINK]

If a player is not able to participate an immediate victory and 2 points go to the opponent.
    The event will be held in Arena, except for the final match, the final round will be fought in Cube Arena (a system accessible from Arena system).

• Why should any EM be against it?

Btw, i'm OUT, sorry.

• Be a little more constructive in the near future if you please.The point is to have fun, since when people join events for prize money? I am in for the title baby :D

Originally posted by bitzy20
    [..]I am in for the title baby :D

Which you won`t get if Pic or anyone else of the big guns joins in. Besides, it`s Saturdays! I`m at the pub at Saturdays ^^

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Heh, it's quite fun, but I'm not sure of my assistance atboth Saturdays... for now, I'm neutral.. or out.
    And the prize is ok, but we should let newer members of oru comunity join that battle... and see if we get a new top gun like some of us here on the forums... most of the boored guys arround :D

But for that, you would need the console, to make some advertisement to other, normal people to join this forum and see this event...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• can you update your original post with a time on each day? most of us live in multiple time zones and may effect who can/will play.
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• Only 4 applied players so far. And only Friday left to apply.

• IN

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.