!!! Important Announcement !!!

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• As some already witnessed - i posted in game already but will let others also know about my following policy as Sever-Police in game.

I tried it a long time the easy and friendly way. But all i had to earn are complaints about any kind of unfairness, honor-less and dunno some more. If people really think they can act better than any of the existing SPs you always and still have the free choice to report to OP (but some of you dont).

I now will follow the hard way of judges about the following incidents:
    - Someone is suiciding
    - Someone is killed by NPCs
    - Someone insults another player

... this list will be extend with my growing experience about the incidents. I dont will make any exceptions due to the following easy reason: If someone is suiciding on purpose or if someone is getting killed by NPCs is often hard to determine as SP when you are not directly in the same system or even not at the same location. As people are crying about unfairness i now will always consider the worst case - and that is doing that stuff on purpose.

So if i see anyone getting killed by NPCs, suiciding, or insulting in system chat (by screenshot or witnessed it my own) I will fine the rule breaker by starting with 1 million credits. If this is happening continuously i will increase the fine amount by multiply it by 2.

I know that i will then be the bad person - what i am right now too. So I dont care any longer. You all had your chances - the time is changing now. Thank yourself for this.

Well finally you have the chance to report to OP about all you feel maltreated by me.

Congrats - life is now getting a bit harder ;)

Finally i will open another thread where i post a list of words that i consider as insults... Would be nice if you can help me to collect a list of words (as i am no native English speaker).

I thank you for your understanding and wish you much luck playing nicely on this server. I know for some it would be nearly impossible.

Regards
    Huor
    (on behalf of the ServerPolice)

I now will follow the hard way of judges about the following incidents: - Someone is suiciding - Someone is killed by NPCs - Someone insults another player

Good and I agree entirely.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• so, now its against the server rules to be killed by NPCs...

...good, good, maybe somebody should tell those DKs about this new rule

no, seriously... things are going too far. you cannot punish people if you cannot prove they are breaking a rule. thats not ethical.
    if you cannot prove somebody is suiciding, then he is not suiciding

you can name that also preventive banning... even more, you could ban everybody out of your sight range as maybe they are cheating and you cannot see it... just to be sure, you know *ironic mode off*

have you even thought of the consequences?

what do you think is going to think about the police of this server any new player that is banned just because he was not good enough to beat a NPC squad?

and that other not so noob that got killed while he was typing coz he was not aware of that DK fighter that appeared suddenly?

and what happens when the console reports a NPC kill that in fact is a pvp kill?

on the other hand now missions become really challenging again, as if you fail you will lose something more than your life

even more, what do you think op will think when he starts receiving loads of claims about this by banned players that in fact broke no rule

and when people leaves the server because the SP are no more fair and ban without any reason?

nobody says to be a SP is easy. we know it and we thank you guys for taking that hard job. but to get a badge does not give you the right to jump over the ethics of this server and its long tradition of fairness

during all the years ive been here -and ive been here much longer than any of you (but op and spiky)-, nobody has been banned without a very good reason. that has given our SPs and server admins a good reputation inside and outside the server. just the opposite to other well known servers where the SPs are known because of their unfair and arbitrary actions

by doing such a preventive banning you endanger the reputation of the whole server, as the banned players will eventually leave and spread news about unjustified bannings in here... and of course that will endanger the number and quality of the new players that decide to take a look on this server

for those reasons i ask you to reconsider the "killed by NPC" rule above

if you need help with cheaters just ask for it, but do not leave the good way to take the easy way

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

Originally posted by Bond

I can´t count the hours Huor was working for the Server and the entire Community.

It´s a shame to see such words written here.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Huor is not referring to legitimate NPC kills, he is referring to players who use NPC instead of suicide in order to get around paying for their new equipment.

I thinks it's shameful that people are suddenly concerned how the SP are treated here, because quite frankly we have been treated like dogs for a long time....but I ( personally) can handle this ok, Im used to it.

Ethics? What ethics.....for about 2 years now the ethics among players have been gone anyway, right along with the honor that used to be among most of our players, fighting to the death instead of reloading in the middle of RP, using NPC to get a new ship and not to mention Space Lawyers always constantly worried about the rules instead of just playing the damn game.

Now people are worried about hurting people's feelings or damaging their fragile personality or using " Im drunk" or "my brother was using my account" , instead of taking responsibility and living with the consequences of the game.

I don't think most people on our server now could handle the way this place was in 1.5** and before. We would have to import Kleenex tissues from earth in order to keep the tears from flooding the docks.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• hummm, " killed by NPC's ", what do you mean by that ? ... in wich context ?
    Do you mean a sort of suicidal action by letting you on purpose killed by a NPC ? or in other situations where you are trying to complete a mission, trying to get out a nasty system with lots of npcs ?
    Many trains takes a suicidal route to the sun just to restart quickly at they start planet, is it that kind of action you have in mind ? or more in RP situations ?

suicidal action by letting you on purpose killed by a NPC ?

Yes.

Originally posted by Gunny
    Huor is not referring to legitimate NPC kills, he is referring to players who use NPC instead of suicide in order to get around paying for their new equipment.

thats the point, if you can prove he is doing that then ok, ban the guy, but if you "always consider the worst case", as huor states, you are also punishing those legitimate NPC kills

about the honour... yes, i cannot but agree with you about the lost of it, but we have always have honorless guys onboard and that never justified that we lose our own honour :/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

Originally posted by Daywalker

I can´t count the hours Huor was working for the Server and the entire Community.

It´s a shame to see such words written here.

I agree 100% with Kermit/Daywalker. Huor has always worked to be fair and deserves our thanks.

@Bond/Mellon you should be ashamed for writing such things. What makes it worse is that you are not 14 years old and should know better. All the words you made about culture and being raised properly :rolleyes: If calling someone a "disgrace to the human race" is "cultured", then I am happy to be coarse.

• There are rules made, which has been accepted by ANYONE who is joining the server to play there.
    There are possibilities given to SP, to take care of playing people and watch them following the rules.
    There are NO discussion / complaining (or anything else) needed, when a decission has been made by any SP online.

If SP did not use every option they could have done, yet, it happends on their own free will, to do so.
    SP is allowed to punish people who act against the existing rules. How they punish people depends on the behaviour of people who act against the rules.

If SP didnt fine people for suiciding (outside arena) or forcing npc's to kill them after PvP (to avoid payments for repairing equiptment and stuff) it was pretty nice. BUT if SP decides to do so now, its fine with the rules.

The decissions any SP is making is just kinda ecko of the peoples behaviour on the server, which returns now.

thats my 2 cents.

• All the SPs know that their job is one of the most important jobs on the server and that it is the hardest. None of them was forced to accept this job... they voluntered for it which deserves respect.

It is a shame that the people which try to keep everything running are treaten that way. I saw accusations but no proof... much talking but no results.
    And now im being called blind. Yes I am blind... for wild accusations and nonsense.

Huor has done much for this community and not a single time I have seen him doing something that was directed against other members and players. His judgement always has been fair.

Contrary to that I removed Bond from the SWAT staff because of his "judgement" about others. A moderator has to act respectful towards others and that doesnt seem to be possible for him.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If I may ask, why was the no killing by NPC rule made up in the first place?
    It was so obvious it was going to provoke a number of players who pvp a lot and are used to use it.
    IFFFF there was a voting about this rule on the forum, Im positive more than 95% would be against it, and making players happy and willing to RP instead of argue is the primary goal of the SPs, isnt it? Although someone once told me this server is not governed by democracy, maybe in this case it wouldnt be such a hateful and dumb idea.
    I mean, if a large majority of players is OK with the existing set of rules, why create new rules? ^^

• Use suiciding or NPCs when you gain no advantage over another person and there will be nobody to report you. And, hell, there might be other players around that could kill you if you would ask

• Thanks for the the few people who encourage me here.
    And Mellon - I love you too.

Furthermore I dont create a new rule. This rule is already in place if you would read the rules on the Crossfire page (the new one). I know that NPCs killed is a very sensible topic - I didn't care much about that part of the rule very much due to the following reason:

You (and me included) can be killed by NPCs not only by purpose - i know this very good. Fact is - this feature is used by many players to avoid reequip the char. I am not stating that everytime this is the case. But if a few can use it to step around punishments and a few will be punished its clear that you will get complaints. To avoid all that crap I decided to deal about this considering always the worst case - namely to do it on purpose. If players let them kill by NPCs and others see this as opportunity to suicide and complain about being punished - i dont any longer are willed to talk. I now choose the other way. My goodness has been abused by you all (more or less).
    Same comes from RL. Do you think I like all rules that have been made and are in place? No i dont. Nevertheless i need to follow them or i will be punished (there are always exceptions if you are not catched). And there are a plenty of other people of my nation who are doomed to follow the rules as well. Some of them were established due to some jerks, some to prevent abusage and other stuff.
    I hope maybe the harsh way will let you play together - also to convince the others to follow rules, even by your own interaction (and with that not waiting for SP to act).

We are all one community who like to play this game - more or less. I dont let ruin my fun always doing discussions about rules or unfair behaviour. We are all sitting in the same boat. Either you all play this freaking game like its supposed to be. Some of you dont like when we act as SP. Yeah sure its always was and ever will be the easiest to complain - to accuse of unfairness and honorless behaviour against you. But you do not a single step to avoid or change it.

Until further notice this policy will remain active - until you guys learn how to behave with each other, learned to play the game. I am not interessted to be your puppet over and over again.
    Finally some should spend more time in game to judge about others

• Huor, methinks you should go grab a cold beer, relax, have a nice day and let whiners and sissies be whiners and sissies. 8

Originally posted by burro

I agree 100% with Kermit/Daywalker. Huor has always worked to be fair and deserves our thanks.

@Bond/Mellon you should be ashamed for writing such things. What makes it worse is that you are not 14 years old and should know better. All the words you made about culture and being raised properly :rolleyes: If calling someone a "disgrace to the human race" is "cultured", then I am happy to be coarse.

I would add as well - in all my time here - online and on forums - Huor has been one of the most calmest, friendly and fair person around -

So I would say Bond -

consider you made a mistake or just a simple disagreement -

could be also a statement of the pressure SPs are under these days

Back on the other topic -

Rules have to be realistic, fair and forceable and consistent.

Some time ago an IOC guy was undocked from X and watching some cops and robbers pvp fights going on. He was not involved - but just by the docking gate - he got too close and got killed.

An SP from many systems away fined the guy - and I thought that was unfair.

Once I was being chased by many pirates and I tried my best to avoid them and we had a merry dance around the systems - I was 5v1 in one situation but still avoided them - in the end one of the guys had to self kill to respawn and get to me quicker - it was an SP that did it.

The self killing trick - Ladies and Gentlemen - has been let out of the bag from day one on the server - you cant put it back in - thats just a fact.

I admire the SPs decision to try and fix that to help rp - but it wont work - only becasue it cant fairly and consistently be applied - it just cant.

Best way to do it is so fix it using game mechanics so suicides are penalised by losing cash or equipment.

That will fix the problem - ease presseure on SPs from making some sort of value judgement on cases without evidence - and will also help the rp on the server = (Maybe :-))

If the game mechanics can distinguish between suicide in pvp and suicide involving npcs it may help.

If not - maybe people will start using guns!!

• When I started playing here 2 years ago, it was all great, same ppl were playing, there was 1 regular set of rules and no problems at all.
    Now it all got too complicated to follow. Yes, there are the CF rules posted, but for example, there arent those unwritten rules ppl get mad when someone uses, but how is a newer player gonna read our minds about what other "unwritten" rules exist?
    Not to mention its hard to keep up wtih the rule discussions, especially when some ppl like the ones who decided about the rules make strange replies, and even question the integrity of the existing rules.
    Im a regular both to CF and to forum, and got problems... hope its just me being brain-challenged^^