ASF/CSF facts (not rp)

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Guest12.

• OP wants a story about ASF/CSF (the factions, not the RP) for 1.8 but i haven't the slightest clue what's that all about. Well, i do know that ASF wants to unite the houses of Sirius and CSF wants to prevent that, but have no idea why.
    If someone please could give me the basic facts about those two factions i could start writing the story about it.
    If there are no facts as of now and i can make them up myself, that's ok too.

• Before the launching of the sleeper ships there were the Coalition and the Alliance. The Allies consisting of the French, Spanish, German, U.S, Brits and Japanese were fighting constantly with the Soviets (to make it short and sound right) for the Solar system. Finally they decided to reach an agreement and decided to make a truce (I have to replay Starlancer to tell you where exactly) but it was a Coalition ambush, where they took out a huge portion of the Allies' fleet. Thus a heavy battle erupted, the discovery of new tech, ect. ect. and I have reached 24th level but never got the will to finish it. I'll finish it and tell you how it ended. Anyway if you want to get a better idea, play Starlancer. It gives you info on a lot of the stuff.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Remember that the original ASF CSF is hundreds of years old, if not close to a 1000. So the new story can have a tidbit of background from the time ASF fled SOL, but it needs to be brought to modern times.

The ASF flourished for 800 years before the CSF emerged into Sirius. When a Dimensional Rift leading to SOL was discovered in Hyperion, this is what allowed the CSF to find it's way to Sirius. I'm sure the ASF thought the bitterness and war was "over", but they guessed wrong.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Actually I found some traces of chinese if I am not lying myself in the Coalitions but that's close to irrelivent.. Still, playing starlancer, getting to know the coalition and the alliance would be the best approach I think, certainly the one I would take, and then tweak it so it would fit modern times.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Sorry, but the Starlancer story is just ridiculous. Read the part on the SWAT-Portal and came across this

In the process, the orbiting French and Italian fleets are destroyed.

French fleets are never destroyed. They flee or they surrender. But maybe they couldn't hold white flags out of their ships' windows.
    Now that could be an explanation ;)

Originally posted by lucy in the sky
    Sorry, but the Starlancer story is just ridiculous. Read the part on the SWAT-Portal and came across this

French fleets are never destroyed. They flee or they surrender. But maybe they couldn't hold white flags out of their ships' windows.
    Now that could be an explanation ;)

Had an American made that comment, we would have been chastised and hated all over this boards.

Damned French finally made a stand and didn't run!! Oooops

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Hehehe, you're right. However, we Swiss have a way too long history of getting away with almost everything, i think because everybody rather takes pity with us than feel menaced.

And sorry to all the french cruising this board: France is cool and my preferred destination for vacations. Personally i love France with the exception of Paris 8)

• I could be wrong, and this post does come a bit late, but my assumption had been something along the lines of:

Word reaches the Houses in Sirius that the Coalition long ago launched sleeper ships that succesfully colonized Altair, and this raises all sorts of red flags (pardon the pun). Initial reports from Sol before this suggested that a nomad attack had occured in Sol immediately after the war, and that had taken out the Eastern nations. Confronted with and shocked by the continued survival of their nemesis, a potentially-volitile situation is brewing for the Houses. They must quickly act or risk being unprepared for possible attack.

The Houses have long since colonization devolved into multiple governmental entites, while their Coalition counterparts remain unified and strong. To counter the threat an Alliance Star Fleet is reformed and makes moves towards uniting the Houses of Sirius like their patron nations had once done in Sol. Meanwhile in Altair, the Coalition has not yet lost its ill-will towards the Alliance (that is, the Houses) and does not hesitate to open fire on any of their vessels that wander or infiltrate into restricted space. Back in Sirius, not everyone is in favor of reunification.

Sirius' underworld sees the catastrophic implications associated with a rebuilt Alliance. Pirates and smugglers could face increased preasure from police and naval forces as resources in the Houses are diverted from posturing to one another towards potential expansion into the borderworlds or suppressing illicit activities within Alliance borders. Politically-motivated terrorists are apalled at the chance of the government or corporation(s) they are struggling against suddenly having the backing of most of Sirius. To counter the ASF's goals, they assemble the Confederated Strike Force.

Whether you call them terrorists or freedom fighters, they take subversive measures to undermine the ASF and pit the Houses against one another. Conflict insues and so now, in additional to ordinary factional warfare, there is also an overlaying conflict. The ASF favors the reformation of the Alliance and the CSF struggles to intervene - with some CSF members pursuing a further goal of dismantling the Houses to the point of rendering them unable to enforce any laws in space at all. Throw in the fact that the ASF's goals would better protect humanity from the Nomads and Dom'Kavash, and you have the extra motivation needed for pro-Alliance forces to be just as desperate and merciless as the CSF in waging its campaign.

Time is of the essence. The first steps towards the ASF's goals are being made by cooperation between the Houses in places like X-3043. If aliens or foreigners invade en-masse before complete unification, the ASF's efforts are very likely in vain. In the event that subversive measures fail and the Alliance is rebuilt, the CSF is almost certain to have its arse handed to it by the overwhelming forces of the new organization... leading to emperiled smuggling rings, a crack-down on piracy, and the possible suppression of both revolutionary and workers' rights groups.

Perhaps a bit off, or is this a reasonable guess?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I think that pretty much sums it up, thanks a lot.

Now if OP could confirm that this is "it" and tell me how long that story should be, i'll give it a try.

• *confirms*
    as long you want it to be

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So far i'm not really happy with it, so any constructive critisism is most welcome.

Edit: Edits will be made here, if necessary.

Battleship Missouri, Liberty Navy HQ. A large conference room somewhen in early spring of the year 2743. Four well decorated Generals of the four houses of Sirius are discussing the recent and very disturbing news of the Eastern nations still being alive and kicking, stronger than ever.
    General Joshua McArthur, CIC of the liberty navy, is pressing his point: We must work together or we will be swiped out of Sirius by the Coalition. That must not happen! To join our forces is paramount at this time!
    Admiral Kenzabue Yamamoto of the Kusary naval forces agrees, but expresses his concerns about commanding structures. So does Scott McKenzie, the bearded Commander of the Bretonian Armed Forces. The Brits still have their dependance of America engraved in their genes, even if Britain and America are long gone.
    The last of the four is Rhineland Military CIC Harald Rothenburg. He is the only one who is not in favour of the plan just laid out. Rhineland will never accept one of its pilots to be commanded by a foreing commander. We're strong enough ourselves to deal with the Coalition now. Besides, we have to fend off all the Corsairs and Red Hessians.
    We all have our problems, McKenzie replies but this threat is bigger than anything we ever had to face. I and all of Bretonias government support the plan. Yamamoto, never been a man of too many words, just nods his head.
    They argue and discuss details for days. Finally, Rhineland accepts the terms of the deal: Each house will deploy two fighter squadrons to a fleet yet to be built, the Alliance Star Fleet. This eight squadrons will be the backbone of the much larger force that will be needed to deal with the various menaces.
    It's first and most important duty is to be ready to fight back any attack by the Coalition. The second, just as important mission is to push and - if possible - eradicate all criminal and terroristic factions in Sirius.
    Time is of the essence, rumours of a Nomad attack and sightings of DomKa'vash ships near X-3043 indicate that the ASF doesn't have much time to gather the necessary strength. The Alliance Star Fleet is not to be envied, it's enemies are numerous, and the backing they get by their respective governments is still frail. Yet, ASF achieves a crackdown on criminal activities in its initial assault. The only criminal faction that still dares to enter X-3043 are the Outcasts, and only in small numbers. All other criminals and terrorists are pushed out of the system for good in a short time.

Three months later, Planet Crete, Omicron Gamma
    Despite their extreme hostility towards each other, most of Sirius' criminal and terroristic factions have agreed on a cease fire to conduct negotiations. Outcasts, Blood Dragons, Corsairs, Red Hessians, Mollys, they're all here on Crete. So are the ecosocial movements like the Gaians or the LWB. Even the Golden Chrysanthemums have sent an emissary, although nobody really considers the girlies of Ainu a serious threat to anyone.
    We're being beaten to a pulp by the ASF. They have been very successful in their crackdown on all our legitimate activities. Don Benito Gutierrez, patriarch of one of the most powerful Outcast clans, looks at the people seated around the large table. As much as I hate to be here and talk to you, it is still necessary to work together to put an end to the ASF.
    The crowd murmurs, angry voices can be heard, but several heads also nod. A Red Hessian stands up. Don Benito is right. If we allow the ASF to continue their campaign, they will gain control over one system after the other, until we're finally pushed out of Sirius altogether. We should launch a massive counterattack immediately!
    Oshi Kenzabue, an old leader of the dragons and much respected for his strategic thinking, is the next to speak up. In his calm, slow manner, he explains his plan: No. That's what they expect. They lure us into an ambush, just like the entire Kusary fleet was ambushed by the nomads. I say we should build up our own force, the Confederated Strike Force. Engage them in X, keep them occupied with a small squadron. That gives us time to secretly build a whole fleet and to eventually launch a surprise attack to get rid of them for good.
    Various ideas are discussed in the following days. But none is better then Kenzabue's. To everybody's surprise even archenemies like the Mollys and Corsairs agree to work together on this. However, they can't agree to settle their various conflicts amongst themselves. The goals and interests vary much too widely to achieve a true union.
    At least the criminals agree on the goals for the CSF. First: engage the ASF in X-3043 and keep them busy. Second, to eventually destroy it. And third: to work against a final unification of the four houses of Sirius.

Not much later, ASF forces in X-3043 are taken completely by surprise when a small, but very determined group of experienced CSF pilots attacks them out of the blue. Alliance's losses are heavy, but they are not defeated yet. They regroup and launch one of many counterattacks. Several months later the conflict has grown as fierce as every other conflict in Sirius and Altair. Both parties know that they have a lot to win, and even more to lose. Prisoners are never taken, the death toll on both sides rise, and no faction has come closer to reach even the first of its goals.

The threats to both ASF and CSF are not only they're respective counterparts, of course. There is still the Coalition and its hate of the Alliance and all what it stands for. And neither the danger of the DomKa'vash nor the activity of the Nomads have diminished, let alone vanished.

• Great stuff,

the sidenote to the girlies of the Golden Chrysanthemums shows some impressive knowledge of the Factions but i realy miss the Bundshuh :)

Btw. when i was reading this i still wanted to fight at once ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

• I like the gist of it Lucy. My only suggestions are humble and of minor importance, so I am going to send a PM instead of taking up any space here. Excellent post. [thumb]

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Can I suggest that Drakon and Lucy work on and write this together ? because they have both written some very good stuff:D
    Please pretty Please:)

• New version (thank you very much Drakon)

Early in the spring of 2743, assembled aboard the majestic battleship LNS Missouri, is an assembly of Siriuss most esteemed and decorated generals. A representative from each of the four Houses is present in a dimly-lit, heavily guarded conference room. Disturbing news from abroad is being discussed. Contact has been made with the Eastern Coalition, and they are stronger and more formidable than ever. With progress being made on the political front, it is now up to these elite few to determine how best to coordinate and oversee a merger of House military assets. Sirius must remain secure from outside threat.

Admiral Joshua McArthur of the Liberty Navy leans forwards, banging his fist on the table. We must work together, he stresses, pressing his point, Or the Coalition will wipe us off the map. That must not occur, gentlemen! To join forces is paramount at this time. There can be no delay without putting the lives of billions in peril.

The Kusari representative, a kaigun gensui of their own navy, agrees. Kenzabue Yamamoto does express some concerns about the chain of command though. Our people are very proud of tradition, he explains, It is important for us to work together without trampling upon national sovereignty or cultural heritage. Secretary of State for Defense Scott McKenzie of Bretonia has similar worries, but ties to Liberty run back to ancient times. He is not about to throw a wrench in this process, especially with the Queen having made her intentions clear to the public in prior weeks.

The last of the four is less cooperative. He is the "Inspekteur des Heeres" of Rhineland: Harold Rothenburg. To protect the Fatherland, he declares, it cannot be acceptable for any of my men to fall under the command of a foreign officer or bureaucracy. We are mighty enough to deal with the Coalition alone, and will do so courageously if need be. Besides, we already have many domestic threats to contend with. There are Corsairs, Red Hessians, and the Bundshuh criminals... all of which strike at innocent Rhinelanders daily. At this time, I cannot commit to the terms of this plan.

We all have our problems, McKenzie responds, urging him to reconsider, but this is a threat greater than anything which has confronted us before. If the Bretonians and Kusari can cut us some slack, certainly Rhineland can too. Yamamoto sits quietly and watches the others at this point, nodding slightly at these words. The plea is to no avail, and negotiations of this sort continue for days. When all hope seems about to be lost, the parties suddenly make a breakthrough. It is a fortunate shift in mindset. Within hours a final set of terms is hammered out and agreed upon. Their plans are set into motion as soon as possible.

Each House deploys only two fighter squadrons and a task force of ships at first, and these combined constitute the first Alliance Star Fleet. This becomes the backbone of resistance against various menaces, and is destined to grow more fearsome yet in the future. First and foremost it must be prepared to retaliate against any pre-emptive attack launched by the Coalition. The second goal of the force is equally important, and that is to eradicate in entirety the criminal and terrorist factions of Sirius. Even the infamous Borderworlds fall into the fleets sights. With these objectives in mind, the force sets out with a sense of purpose and a will of steel.

Time is of the essence now. Rumors of a Nomad assault and mysterious sightings of DomKavash vessels near X-3043 put the ASF under enormous pressure to muster more strength. Given its numerous enemies, this force is not to be envied. The political support favoring ongoing operations is frail at best. Yet, ASF achieves early goals for cracking down on criminal activities during initial forays. By the end of the first campaign only the Outcasts still dare to venture into X-3043, and even then in only the most minute of numbers. All other enemies of the public are pushed out of the system. These signs of progress of fleeting, unfortunately, and are only maintained during a short timeframe.

When three months have passed since this fighting cooled down something begins to change. On Planet Crete in Omicron Gamma a most peculiar meeting getting underway. Despite deep-rooted hostility and an enormous amount of tension amongst the factions, criminal and terrorist organizations from all corners of Sirius have agreed to a ceasefire just long enough to conduct a round of negotiations together. These people include Outcasts, Blood Dragons, Corsairs, Red Hessians, Mollies, Liberty Rogues, and many others. They are all gathered here on Crete for the talks. Even fringe groups like the Gaians and LWB are in attendance! An emissary of the Golden Chrysanthemums arrives, too, but nobody present considers the girlies of Ainu a serious threat.

Listen up. Were being beaten to a pulp by these ASF types. They have been very successful in their targeting of key infrastructure and singling out leadership for assassination. This has gotten out of hand. Its bad for business, Don Benito Gutierrez says, looking at the folks seated around the table. He is one of the most powerful family patriarchs in all of Omicron Alpha. Not even the Corsairs dare cross this kingpin. As much as I hate to be here and talk to you, he continues, it is still necessary for us to put our differences aside and work together to put an end to the ASF.

The crowd murmurs. Restless, angry voices can be heard in hushed whispers and roaring outburts alike. Still, others nod their heads, too. A Red Hessian stands up and shouts for silence. Don Benito is right, he calls upon them, voice carrying over the commotion, If we allow the ASF to continue their campaign, they will gain control over one system after the other until we're finally pushed out of Sirius altogether. We should launch a massive counterattack immediately!

Oshi Kenzabue gestures for an opportunity to be heard. Not only is he an old leader of the Dragons, but commands much respect through his brilliant strategic ability. In his calm and slow manner he explains an alternative plan. No," he speaks, "That's what they expect. They shall lure us into an ambush, just as the Kusari fleet was by the Nomads. I say we should build up our own force, a Confederated Strike Force. Engage them in X, keep them occupied with a small squadron. That gives us time to secretly build an entire fleet. Eventually, we could launch a surprise attack at the very heart of their establishment to finish them off once and for all.

Various ideas are discussed in the following days. None is better then Kenzabue's. To everybody's surprise, even archenemies like the Mollys and Corsairs agree to work together on this. However, they cannot agree to settle the various conflicts amongst themselves. Goals and interests of the factions involved simply vary much too much to achieve a more closely-knit, proper union. At least the criminals agree on the goals for this CSF. First: engage the ASF in the X-3043 System to create a diversion. Second, they must build up a great armada in secret to destroy it. Lastly, the complete and final unification of the four Houses of Sirius must be stopped.

Not long in the future, ASF forces stationed in X-3043 are taken completely by surprise when a small but very determined group of CSF aces attack them out of the blue. Alliance losses are heavy, but they are by no means defeated. They swiftly regroup and launch their first of many counterattacks. Nearly a year passes by. The conflict has grown as bitter and dug in as any of the other classic struggles that have taken place in the sector. Both parties know that they have much to win, and even more to lose. Prisoners are not taken. The death toll rises for both sides. Neither faction has come close to grasping even its most basic of goals.

The threats to both the ASF and CSF are not limited merely to its rival, of course. In Altair the Coalition is suppressing any attempts by the Houses to trade, explore, or establish any kind of presence there. Wanton killings and clandestine manuevers say it all. Theirs is a hatred still seething centuries after the old war in Sol against the Alliance. Graver, still, are the dangers presented by DomKavash and Nomad forces. They have not been diminished, much less destroyed. Any day now their coordinated forces could be made ready to invade Sirius, and that is assuming such preparations have not been made already. One thing is for certain: a dark future awaits humanity if the grinding standstill of conflict does not end soon.