CF1.8 development process

There are 576 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• lmao

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• If you pay attention to the bar at Sol, you can hear Trent and Juni and the dialogue has a definite sexy undertone which could be construed as the two of them "getting it on"

So the possibility of Trent / Juni having a son is there if you think about it.

Although it's pretty odd as Trent is in the bar at the same time as he's on the PA system.

edit again - As the Vanilla Trent was an orphan ( "Tobias sort of raised me" ), the Crossfire Trent could be his twin brother

well, concerning to Tobias' wedding photo, he's not playing the father at all^^:

That picture really does look like tobias.... 8o

phileditin:
    twin brother ey.....
    hmm could work...
    how bout evil twin brother who gone good after whacked by Juni...
    hahahaha!!!! :]

• Nah, Crossfire takes place a while after old FL, so make it his son or grandson.
    But don't tell the player directly, just have a few references, bonus points if you add one about Trent and Tobias.

• I might be a little out of touch, but I would like to point out that a dozen or so posts later what started as a clever and undoubtedly amusing joke off-topic is now just simply off-topic. Unless that picture Haegar found is going to be in the mod, in which case I'm not sure whether to laugh or be nervous.

Any word on which elements of the mod are well-developed at this point? Not necessarily an urgent need-to-know, but curious all the same. Maybe it could put things in perspective for a lot of folks to know which features have been set up and are probably ready to go, and which are still being dealt with or might prove more difficult to include than originally anticipated. By seeing such a thing the community could have more to talk about on this subject than what Tobias has been doing with his spare time. That said, I suppose it works either way. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• hi its true that what we've been talking about lately is out of topic....
    im apologizing because it seem i myself been posting out of topic reply...
    sorry :]

here an idea....
    is it possible that:
    - we use the existing mission file and modify it??
    - if it is, then we could rename and change the waypoint such as the that have been done in cf mission.
    - we could also try making some trigger and cutscene...
    - that way we could extend(modified) m13 to m**..
    this is just an idea to make up for the out of topic post ive made.... :]

• m13 is the last, that's hardcoded AFAIK

but you can change (compact) them 8)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• *blush*
    what 'AFAIK' anyway......

*light bulp*
    *bing!!!!*
    So There's a possiblity ......
    but noobie like me wont even dare to tinker with that thing....
    maybe sumone could make changes like making more extension for mission such as m1a,m1b and so on for the other mission file....
    is it possible??

• AFAIK = "as far as I know"

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't campaign missions sort of beyond what modders can do? I.E Hard-coded and unable to be created without the source code?
    Save discussion about this for the 1.9 thread.
    Anyways, to appease Drakon and get more on topic, I see the moddb page has been updated a bit.

• OP, if you ARE actually able make a campaign, the rest of the FL community, myself included, would get down on both knees and call you god.
    After all, it'd be the first time anyone had ever added an SP campaign...

Originally posted by Trainwiz
    it'd be the first time anyone had ever added an SP campaign...

because it would take a lot of time and patience.

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

OP, if you ARE actually able make a campaign, the rest of the FL community, myself included, would get down on both knees and call you god. After all, it'd be the first time anyone had ever added an SP campaign...

that one sure thing indeed....
    :]

because it would take a lot of time and patience.

agreed totally...

juz wander what cool thing can be done after achieving that thing....
    totally cool campaign cuz the campaign is sure gonna come from from all the ppl that worked it out... a totally player/modder made story....
    wow....
    kewl!!!!! :D

• thats the problem and the only reason why nobody ever created a new campagn or extended the current campaigns

the structure of the SP campaigns is very complicated due to hundred of triggers which are linked somehow
    "if wingmen dies = mission over" "if wingmen survives = new wave of enemies"... ...

but still almost everything follows a logical order
    unfortunatly its very hard keep the overview coz you have to browse through long files with hundreds of sections where the "scripting language" is different from the rest of FL

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Still be great for the next version, although I'd understand you'd probably want to take a break after 1.8

• i dont have that luxury

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• we old CF-players are all happy without widescreen and campaigns or other exceptionell extras because we are buzzy with our roleplay, our clans, events and fights in multiplayer :)

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

• I want to reinstall CF 1.7, but have been waiting for 1.8 as many others have. I know SWAT is busting his butt working on it but........at this point are we looking at a couple months yet before release of 1.8, in which case I will happily reinstall 1.7. (please don't flame too much; it's an honest question)[99]

• on my todo list is a point called "reduce missile spam by decreasing the missile limit"
    that point will removed
    I believe that missiles might get essential against some NPCs and many players didnt like the idea. Still there is the need to reduce the missile spam. Therefore I decided to go a different way to realize this.

I changed the refire rates of all non-energy munition which means that once you fired a missile it will take longer before you can fire the next one. Most missiles had a refire rate of 2seconds... now they have the double value which will make missiles, torps and mines less effective for spamming but they remain a good tactical weapon for players which really understand to use them.

the new values are:
    torpedo = 6sec (previously 2)
    missile = 2-4sec (previously 1-2)
    CD = 1sec (previously 1)
    mine = 3sec (previously 1)
    flak = 0.5sec (previously 0.5)
    NPC-weapons = 0.02-2sec (previously 0.02-2)

Due to the longer time you have to wait before you can fire the next missile the damage done by missile spam gets reduced while normal guns get more attractive for fights. But missiles which are used in a tactical way still can be extremly dangerous.
    As you already can see above CDs, Flak cannons and NPC weapons did not change due to balancing and defence reasons.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,