CF1.8 development process

There are 576 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• In the past months i got a bit disappointed by the community and several issues which took away all my motivation to do work for the FL community and especially this one.

The release for CF1.8 was planned for the end of august but then my job took away much of my spare time and all the argueing here on this forum and fixing the done damage took away the other of my little time left. The continious argueing about actually nothing took away my motivation and i announced that i wont work for this community unless you solve your problems and be active online.

Im honest with you... i spend the past 2 months with playing other games (something that i wasnt able to do in the past 5 years) and helping other modders (outside SWAT) to build their mods.
    I guess the benefits of helping them are none other than having done something good for the FL community and thats good this way.
    Oh and yes from time to time a spend a few hours collecting materials for CF.

Fact is that i ignored CF almost completly. Fact is also that its hard to find back to my previous motivation.
    There is 2gb data for CF1.8 split into thousands of small pieces which finally need to put together in order to create the final mod. A giant puzzle.

Eventhough the biggest part of the mod is done (the modeling and graphical stuff) the remaining modding job really bother me due to the mass of stupid repeating creation processes which take much time (such as the sur creation.. the wireframes and infocards).

On the other side Id like to see CF in the Top100 of the mod of the year awards 2008 again and that require to finish CF1.8 in the next 2 months. Alone this is not possible as i will never be able to work on the surs of more than 100 new ships and stations and say "wow now im motivated".

So help is required.
    Simson offered modeling help.... CA offered to work on infocards and quests.... much more help will be needed.
    In the next 1-2 weeks ill upload CF resources. In 2 weeks i want to hold a meeting on IRC for those ppl willing to help so we can discuss what needs to be done and who is doing it. (ill announce the day later)

So thats the information for now. I dont want any feedback from you now if you can or can not do stuff. At this point of time im simply not interested in such information. That is something that will be discussed at the meeting.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i hope it will be in 2 month :):):):):):)
    OP sry but i cannot help you i don`t know PC so well :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ship_Infocard Police Destroyer

• I try to do my best to take part in this meeting and help to finish the work!

• Thanks for the update OP! I'm always willing to join a meeting, if only the 8-hour difference can be worked out... :O

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by Homeros
    [..]OP sry but i cannot help you i don`t know PC so well.[..]

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    [..]I dont want any feedback from you now if you can or can not do stuff. At this point of time im simply not interested in such information.[..]

As you can see Homeros - your comment was completely unnecessary.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• OP, you mention you want CF players to be more active, emaning more ppl online. I think honestly that many many players are waiting for 1.8. Like myself, I cant find the big amusement in 1.7 anymore and therefore I play other games. It would help alot if more ppl came online, but that would also happen if or when 1.8 is released :)

just a friendly tip that I'm sure you already knew :D

• and without active players CF1.8 will never be reality

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Zein_
    ... therefore I play other games. It would help alot if more ppl came online...

With no due respect, simply because no respect is due: do you actually realize how incredibly stupid your statement is?

I've met a jellyfish once who was capable of more coherent thinking.

Oh, yes, and that wasn't cynical yet. That was just a rant.

• Isn't the key part "No CF1.8 until people start playing 1.7" ? So find a way, for instance: Invade clan systems, do big battles, have a nice chat time, tell some real-life stories in-game, do some NPC killing. If I am to ever go back I'd kill a lot of Petrov guys in Coalition space :D. Anyway the point is, don't wait for event times just so you can have a little bit of fun, you can forge it the way you want and there are options you guys are just not considering :). I hope this post brings some sense into you guys and that you finaly understand that OP says "Motivate me please with the assurance that I don't do 1.8 only for myself but for you guys too". The game is great, if I were you I'd play it as much as I could.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• I second Jacks post... Couldn`t said it in a better way...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• sorry. aber nu langsam platzt mir der kragen, wenn ich immer wieder das gejammer lese, von leuten, die so oder so, fast nie online sind.

so ein haufen leute jammert rum.. 'wann kommt endlich 1.8 raus' blah blah blah

es ist doch sch***egal, welche version gespielt wird.

DAS GAME BLEIBT DAS GLEICHE, (schiff kaufen, geld machen, ÜBERLEBEN)
    was glaubt ihr was in der 1.8-version anders ist?

schiffe fliegen mit nem schnelleren rückwärtsgang?
    Cockpitbeleuchtung?
    Blinker?
    schwächere gegner, auf das das Ego eines jeden einzelnen, nicht zu sehr angekratzt wird?
    rechtsfluggebot für alle schiffe?
    überholverbot bei hohen verkehrsaufkommen? (mit strafen bei verstössen)
    blitzeranlagen, bei zu schnellem fliegen?
    und so weiter und so fort.

LEUTE .. der SINN des Games bleibt der gleiche. und wird sich wohl auch nicht ändern.

sollte es nicht eher so sein, das leute einen server besuchen, weil sie lust auf das SPIEL haben?
    und nicht weil da ne neuere version läuft.

es gibt so viel verschiedene server, mods und was weiss ich was von FL
    (wobei ich selbst nur crossfire gespielt habe und wohl auch nur spielen werd)
    da ist doch für jeden was dabei.

wenn ich die aussagen höre
    'ich komm solange nicht mehr on, bis 1.8 draussen ist, kann ich nur lachen/heulen'
    wieviel dummheit steckt denn in leuten, die sowas von sich geben? (will niemanden angreifen)
    wenn niemand 1.7 spielt, wo ist dann der anreiz für OP an 1.8 weiterzumachen?

soll er seine zeit investieren (von geld und nerven ganz zu schweigen) nur weil mal eben n paar leute behauptet haben, sie würden ja wiederkommen, wenn die neue 'version' draussen ist?
    wohl eher nicht.

sorry. aber ich für meinen standpunkt, spiele das spiel, weils mir spass macht.
    und wenn man mal nicht regelmässig online sein kann. ja sorry. es gibt noch ein privatleben und eventuell auch noch arbeit für den einen oder anderen im realen leben (irgendwie müssen ja die brötchen verdient werden)

an die, die meinen sich zurückziehen zu müssen (weil die version 1.8 noch nicht draussen ist)

werdet euch erstmal klar, worauf es bei spielen eigentlich ankommt
    wohl auf den angebot-und-nachfrage-effekt (fehlt die nachfrage, wirds mit dem angebot wohl nicht weiter vorwärts gehen)

FL bleibt FL, egal in welcher version. klar gibt es unterschiedliche features, die einem mehr, dem andern weniger gefallen. doch man sollte das spiel, des spieles wegen spielen (wollen)

so.. das wars erstmal von meiner seite.

wem mein post nicht passt, der muss ihn ja nicht lesen.

und wer sich die mühe machen will, dieses ins englische zu übersetzen (tut euch keinen zwang an ;) )
    vielleicht gibts ja für den einen oder anderen einen kleinen anreiz, mal über äusserungen und handlungsweisen nachzudenken.

zitat aus der BW-Zeit 'denken - drücken - sprechen' (haut irgendwie hin :)

• Well, I'm sorry I was inactive a very long time myself, just didn't have time to do anything. I didn't think that last year of high school would be this challenging...

Anyway, I wish you good luck with the project, I'll try to get online as soon as possible, CF 1.7 or 1.8, I don't care, the only thing that matters here is that freelancer is one heck of a great game ^^

''Space. It seems to go on and on forever. Then you get to the end, and a monkey starts throwing barrels at you.'' - Phillip Fry, Futurama

• i think abras is right :) in 1.7 we have got very some players abras is right :)

Ship_Infocard Police Destroyer

• Right Abras,all r happy when 1.8 comes :]
    new exploring and testing the new Staff :D:D
    but 1.7 is on and not bader as no1 knows that 1.8 comes ?(?( [1]

Wolke

Fallen Clan

• and the point of making that ugly gesture is what? Oh let me guess, language barrier.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• i agree with abras ( with homeros and wolke too :D )

with burro and racketeer tooo [prost]

in the fallen forum i give an analog answer to players they ask:
    "when comes 1.8"

its same like abras but in short^^

more ppl comes to 1.7 > faster comes 1.8

dont hurry OP > faster comes 1.8

cu in space m8ts play fair and have fun :)

• Find ich gut. Ich hoffe eins der Sachen wird es geben ;)

Wir sollten auch grüne Plaketten einführen, ohne denen man nicht durch bestimmte Systeme fliegen kann.
    Parkverbote...

Ganz wichtig... Schnellessenrestaurants

BIIIGGG ROFL... find ich gut :tongue:

<table bgcolor=ffffff width=100% ><td bgcolor=000000>

<br>[GLOW=red]The Resurrection Fighter [/GLOW] <br>
    [GLOW=firebrick][BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-/\-WAR-C(V)DR. [BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-Demon-Knight [BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-Ragnalord [BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-Zeph[1324] [BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-Bahamut [BLINK]| [/BLINK]<br>[BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-Cyberlord [BLINK]| [/BLINK] -=[T-R-F]=-Gu-/\-rdian [BLINK]| [/BLINK] [/GLOW]

|---->>CSF-Forum <<[GLOW=skyblue]--------------------------------------[/GLOW] >>TRF-Forum <<---- |

</td></table>

• ok.. for those who cant read my native language and for those, who are too lazy to translate all this words, i wrote :)

this is just a translation of the meaning of my previous post.

my ass did just explode, by reading the same stuff again, and again.
    'when does 1.8 come out? blah blah blah

alot of people, who wasnt seen really much times online, are crying and longing for 1.8.

does it really matter, which version is being played?

the game will still be the same

GET A SHIP - MAKE MONEY (somehow) - SURVIVE

or what the hell do you think, will be different in 1.8?

ships do fly faster reverse?
    order to fly on the right sight, for all ships?
    no permission to pass other ships, if too much traffic is in space?
    opponents are weaker, to not scratch the ego of anyone?
    cockpit-lights, for nightflights?
    flashlights, for speeding?

the meaning of the game will still be the same, and wont change, i guess.

shouldnt it be in this way, that people are joining servers, to play the GAME, and not cause there is a newer version running?

there are so much different mods and servers running. im sure, there is something for anyone to find.
    (for myself, i just played crossfire, and i think i will just play crossfire)

and when i read statements like
    'im rejoining the game, when 1.8 is available, i can just start throwing up/crying/laughing (dont know what first)

without offending someone, but how silly must someone be, to have such a statement written?
    do you really think OP does really want to continue working on 1.8, if he has to recognize, that no one is even playing 1.7?
    what do you think does him make continue to work on that project? (surely not the loss of people playing a previous version)
    do you really think that OP will continue investing money, time, nerves, and god knows, what else, just because there are a few people mentioned, they will come back when the next version is there? .. right.. and santa claus is reality and is playing poker with the easter rabbit [3]

and for myself. im playing this game, because of the game, cause i do have fun playing it.

and even there is not everybody online all the time.. sorry, but there is something like a private (REAL) life, beyond the game. and for some guys surely work, too, cause somehow, does money have to be earned.

and for those, who think they have to disappear, till 1.8 is there, get real. and realize what the meaning of PLAYING THE GAME is.
    if no one is playing the game (no matter what version) what reason should be there, to make a newer version available?

FL will stay FL - for sure with different features, which makes some happier then others.

so long.

who does not like my statement, dont have to read it.

maybe its a little HINT for some people, to think about their acting and statements.

ps: little cite, from my military time 'THINKING - PRESSING - TALKING'

pps: any mistakes of grammar, or other faults can be kept by those who discover them. (sell them at ebay)

Wir sollten auch grüne Plaketten einführen, ohne denen man nicht durch bestimmte Systeme fliegen kann. Parkverbote... Ganz wichtig... Schnellessenrestaurants

haben wir doch schon, war

die dinger heißen lizenzen glaube ich hehe

übrigens die grünen dürfen nicht nach Purian Lake :D

und parken auch nit lol

nen McFly wär ne Idee!

nen train mit hamburgern wollte ich immer schon mal ausrauben :D