GET YO ASS ON THE SERVER!!!

There are 144 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by drink.

• the activity on the server in the past weeks was a shame for CF
    it cant be that there are only 7-8 ppl online in the evening hours.... during the day less

no new player would join a server that is not well visited... so either you guys get the server full again or CF is going to die
    coz i wont be the one which is pulling it out of this misery again

and to make it pretty clear... if there are no ppl on the server i will simply stop working on CF1.8
    and if the numbers of players stay that low you will be able to watch the clans dying and together with them the server will go down
    your choice what you do
    the clans better get their members online NOW!

i want to see a full server again (30-40 players) on a regular basis
    how you do that is your prob

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yes OP you have right, but when you look in the evening than you see the 20 member and many new player....

i see not many ppl in the morning 9-11 member and 1-2 new player....

im online in the evening and morning of the day

in the evening im online: 9-10 pm->2-3 am
    and in the morning im: 10-12 am -> 15-16

hehe^^ pls work on the v1.8 we need all this update.....pls

[eek2] [659] [eek2]

• Excuse me?

I can't be on during local drive time as I work late nights here in the US.

By the time I CAN get on its soon after server boot local Eastern US time.

Unfortunately, I miss out on all the good drive time player stuff.....but I would hope the logs show player participation.

I have also seen SEVERAL new player names on the server, though I cant confirm they are real or return rewrites (er, existing clan phantom chars).

Either way, can CFPD buy NY? Just silly of me.

Returning from the ashes of outrageous misfortune 8).

• I am on the server many hours a day, but I'll try to rally up some more activity via the UAC forum... heh, I hope members still read it. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Does he really wonder why there are so few ppl on the server?? lol... Someone give him this mirror pls.
    sry i couldnt resist <3

• then tell me why instead of being a bigmouth

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by DrStraw
    Does he really wonder why there are so few ppl on the server?? lol... Someone give him this mirror pls.
    sry i couldnt resist <3

[SIZE=3]IM A DICKHEAD![/SIZE]

Sorry, I couldnt resist xD

• I would think that it's because:

1). newcomers don't get helped enough with information to help them develop a liking for our server
    2). our unique RP situation and etiquette might be a put off to some visitors who are used to something different
    3). some clans aren't recruiting enough to replace members who have left, so turnout sleadily declines
    4). activity always spikes when a new mod is out, which means that such a jump will be occuring when 1.8 happens
    5). clashes, travesties, and whatnot on the forum and between clans, both here and abroad, may have damaged CF's rep
    6). the mod is more complex to install than others (might deter people)? ?(

I dunno. Lol, just guessing here. No point I suppose in trying to find something or somebody to blame though. Let's just have fun and if those of us already here can set a good example and have a good time other people will innevitably want to join in. Hehehe, I'm off to the server now again. I just recently developed a taste for placing bounties and if I don't trade I won't be able to keep up water muddied with bounties. ;)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• i dont need ppl in my community which talk shit behind my back
    so either say it or shut up forever

hmm lets see what it could be... what could i have done
    im doing all the work... i pay the bills so you can play... i keep everything running
    ... you are IOC... cool
    so what did i do wrong to IOC?
    i believe i supported IOC when some of the members left and founded SMG

oh yes i remember you had a problem when DD were banned
    you were the one which claimed that i ban them for no reason and only because they entered custodian
    in that case which of the other SPs will confirm that DD broke serverrules several times... that they got warnings which were ignored
    that members of this community and clans were insulted... that members of this community did leave because of the shit DD was involved with
    FYI... DD got banned for breaking several serverrules and some of the "unwritten" rules such as no recruitment out of other clans (a rule which is valid in the entire world of online gaming)
    so if you blame me for doing my job... then feel free to do so... i dont need to do this job
    i dont need to work my arse off so ppl like you or DD claim shit or break rules

of course my guess also could be wrong... and there is a different reason
    but honestly i doubt that since its unlikely that ive done anything wrong to you or somebody else online

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Good points Marshal. All of em.
    I of course didnt miss the broad hint in point 2 ^^. I hope I can set your mind at ease saying IOC is actively recruiting right now. That process is going to be a long time dedication tho, because the requirments need to be met in order to become a member didnt change. Imagine IOC running around the server asking every newb to join :). That probably wont be good for anyone.

LP Blaster. Dont take my shit too serious ;). I like to blast broad hints sometimes too.

Another point to add which dont put me in conflict with the need of using a lot of humor to wrap in would be:

6) Server events seem to be less frequent. Random put events which differ from the regular ones might be a good idea too. When i was starting to play here there was no event i could think about with the slightest chance of success. Meaning a lot of effort is going to be put into keeping active players but not getting new ones.

//edit: OP there is a big difference in a reign of fear and a reign of friendship and understanding. You stated you gave up on the last 2 things. Surely that reflects on the server.

• Videocard probs ;(

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• reign of fear?
    the only ones which have to fear anything are those which break rules or do shit to others

this is a community and like in every other community on this planet there are rules that should nobody break
    i have many friends here... i helped almost every clan... and usual im very friendly on the server or here on the forum
    but friendship ends when the violation of rules start

everyone decides for hisself/herself if he wants to be friend with me and this server or not
    you will find not a single player in this community that i have treaten unfair
    if they got a punishment then they deserved it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I wonder where you get the idea it would have something to with me or IOC. As far as Im concerned (and I think IOC sees it the same) Crossfire is the most lovable server ever to be seen for Freelancer. I didnt get much into the DD thing so i cant comment on that either.

I wasnt talking about unfair treatment. Except the overall menacing appearance you do a very fine job! I dont want to shovel examples now but as you mentioned SMG allready.. puting Burro's post into public cut the active server population by half. Most of the people involved into it didnt leave. Alot of other who had to read through all that stuff left realizing they dont want to be part of it.

• OMG...

To all forum users. Please get rid or lock down all your flammables & combustibles.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• ok fine
    so its the thread

ok
    my job is to enforce the rules of this community
    what did happen was not right... and i had this post
    i discussed this topic on the server for almost 2 hours and everybody said "thats not true" "i dont believe that"
    until i was asked to present a proof and so i did (if i remember right it was a SMG which asked for it)
    so lets see what options i had...

1st option - do nothing but continue to say what happened and look like a liar this way
    2nd option - do nothing and let the shit going on (which heavily damaged the community)
    3rd option - post this log and end this backstabbing

i did post it to solve the problem instead of ignoring it... i did post it because it was my job to do so
    did i punish someone for what did happen? no
    i give them another chance

unfortunatly there are still ppl on the server which think that talking shit about others and personal attack are ok
    and unfortunatly because of that more members did leave
    maybe you have noticed the non-existing precence of BG in the past weeks
    they left the server coz not much has changed

but still it was the right decision to post that log

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmm i am getting the impresion that most ppl write something that they cannot explain just to enter in "hall of fame". lol, even the things that are not so important. I apparantely have missed that part with DD clan, no matter but it's afterall DD's boolshits and that doesn't concern anybody. If they are friends don't talk with OP talk with them... And now back to subject "GET YOUR ASS TO THE SERVER" or whatever was, is good but very hard to be done. I doubt that 30-40 ppl online will be reached even though the server have the potencial. There are still many understandable ppl around looking to complain even for the dumbest reason.

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• @OP: The case was closed long before you got the post. I also dont know why and to whom you are forced to justify its authenticity. I doubt it was the whole server. When you were given this post by CA it was meant to underline INTERNAL problems of IOC. You still think it was the right decision to post it in public when the involved people regreted it already? I wont be commenting on this any longer.

I just hope we can play together in friendship and understanding again.