GET YO ASS ON THE SERVER!!!

There are 144 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by drink.

• Well.... think about it.... Crossfire is fun, and its where I go to relax and have some fun, but I also spend time with my little brother, and with my friends, and I have work and other commitments. If people enjoy playing, then they will play in their spare time. So, that said, it means that either people *aren't* enjoying playing, OR, they *can't* get online.

So..... we need to find a way to make it more enjoyable, and accept that people can't devote their lives to a game.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• CF is like it is
    i wont be the one which does pull it out of the dirt again... ive done this too many times already (and i usually did this in a way that we have 50+ players online)

but lets face the facts
    i cant do that anymore... there is more important stuff to do
    and if you guys dont do it then sooner or later CF is going down
    conclusion: either you start to act or you might loose the server and the fun on it... thats how the reality does look like
    and you cant tell me that you all together cant do what i was able to do alone in the past

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, I speak for myself only, but I'm not willing to devote more time just to save Crossfire. It's fun, but if it goes down, it goes down. I play other games, and Crossfire rates pretty low on my list of importance. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's the truth. I view it as just a game.

• I might just be cynical here m8, but I am pretty sure than it is impossible for us to double turnout here by each taking a few more hours a day to play or trying to convince all those people who left us that they aren't hooked on whatever they're playing now. I saw the counter get into the mid 20s yesterday, but that still didn't prevent slumps below 10 at parts of the day.

This is a recruitment problem more than a turnout problem. The question isn't how we plan to be on the server when we've got something more pressing to take care of, but rather how we can advertise to bring a few dozen newbies here from elsewhere.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• like i said
    how you do it is ur prob

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well guys as you can see we are on our own....... not that this is a bad thing OP cant be on server helping us to sort this out and works on 1.8 and his RL work/problems and the new portal....OP is only 1 person so im sure you can see this would be impossible.

We dont need OP's help to fix this......we didnt need it to break it.......those with RL problems that cant make it on the server ok np as they say shit happens but those with no RL stuff going on im sure can put in a little more effort (Me Included).

So come on guys lets sort this out and make it worth OP'S hard work to release 1.8:)

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I just don't see why OP thinks any spare time we have should be spent on CF..... I think he should mind his own business.......

• Ryzune, you've missed the point m8. Slayer summed it up better. None of us should be spending all of our free time here. In order for OP to have less work to do the burden of turnout responsibility has been given to the community. This is a positive step imao and allows us in the community to make a more notable difference, but to do so it is very important that everyone makes it to Slayer's meeting.

My gripe isn't that this task is unfair, just that I'll worry about it night and day not knowing how to do a damned thing about it. :P

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Ryzune we dont have to put all of our free time into CF but what we do have to do is make sure every min we can spare for the game is spent doing somthing productive for the server.

OP has every right to be pissed off and seem a little demanding...... its his creation that we have F***** up..... If it was yours and your hard work wouldnt you be a little pissed to?

so Ryzune calm down and help us to make this community the best to be found on FL again....... as i said to you last night we need every memember of CF helping us regardless if your in a big clan a small clan or a FL.

@ Lance thankyou for your support on this and thanx for bringing up the meeting...... I will again remind all of you this meeting will be at.....23:00 gmt on Thursday 20th in Arena for those that cant make it or feel that there is a better time this could be done please let me know......... I want as big a turn out as possible...... This is important to CF and to our survival.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Whats 23:00 GMT in England? Daylight Savings screws stuff up. I'm out that night, but I'll be back about 21:30 England time.

My point is that I don't see why we should be told what to do when playing a game.... I can understand that the server needs a more positive attitude, but I don't think a post called "GET YO ASS ON THE SERVER!!!" is the way to go about that.....

• guys,

i remember some of these threads - and yes the past few weeks wasn´t nice.

BUT

instead of thinking and talking how to do what building discussion teams and so on...

You all have a great mod. Play it! Yesterday while i was online i took part on two major probs where most of you was in X and discuss the life on a game server (excuse me all - most of u know me) but hell while you was solving one problem after the other i took a battleship to altair, get some missiles and brought it back home, exchanged all the weaps and installed a 2. cf on my notebook.

Three Pirates in X but as i came in fully loaded nobody noticed...

What is fun fur you?

Just stop talking about beeing killed arrgh i was killed numerous times without any reasons...

All what is need is have a look to your mates and put the fun back to the game go online play your role and enjoy this game.

btw.: If you don´t know how to leave X or Arena ask me i will help ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

• Hmm you can always lure me out with some bounties :D:D

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• I think you are right - i should mind my own business
    and exactly that does mean to close CF, this forum and let FL die

thats a great solution... really
    but not my way

u know what creatures are called which only take from others and dont give back something?
    parasites

u dont seem to care about FL, you dont care about CF and obviously you dont even care about the future of your clan and those ppl which you call friends or clanmates
    sorry that i have to say it that direct but everything is connected somehow and right now it looks like it

so if you dont care about that all why did you reply? others here care for that stuff and want to help
    there is no place here for these negative comments
    what you cant or dont want to understand is not neccessarily bad

i for myself have given much more than i got back
    now the community has to do something... not for me... for itself

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It's rather disappointing to see all these strong personalities exerting effort to try to "win" some point or other in the face of an objective (and slightly tongue-in-cheek) challenge from the admin. Only insecure, self-absorbed people look at this thread and feel threatened or demeaned. The point was simple: you all have a sphere of influence, so use it to draw some new ppl here. All the whining and self-justification is meaningless, and works against growing the community, so why would you do it? If the complainers are as "together" as they think they are, there should be no problem driving some new traffic to this community. Only the results will tell whether your self-estimations are correct or not... [2]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• OP is right..... I honestly don't care about CF itself.... I have just as much fun playing on other servers. I care about the community, but I couldn't really care less if the community was here, on NQ, the VOID, EVE Online, Anarchy Online, or whatever. :rolleyes:

• Ryzune then why the f*ck did you come back? If you dont wanna do sh*t for CF then fine. Just shut up and quit dragging everyone else down. Quit stinkin up the joint!! Savvy?

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• If you read the post, you would notice I said I care about the community. I *don't* care about what game the community plays, as long as the community is there. The part I don't like is that this is the *only* server that has this "WORK WORK WORK" idea.... why is it exactly that CF is dying when the others aren't? I want to know.

• Look, I do my bit in game, I chase smugglers around, I help newbies, I don't hold grudges. But I think the server is too uptight, we need to relax a bit. There are too many ideas going around about how to revive the server. Just kick back and have fun. If the server is fun, players will come.