for real guys....

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• so. I've always wanted to get the entire community in a role-playing events, Like Hunt the Smuggler or bring back ASF and CSF battles or get a little alpha-version action of the conquest mode.

Even if we get this stuff in-game, it's useless when we just don't have the server numbers to perform these events. Lots of factors play in when it comes to these statistics. Freelancer is an old game and most former players who played a decade ago moved on Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous or whatever.

So we have to go networking a little bit. advertising CF on Disco seems like a good idea, but will just be intolerated due to the distaste of CF from Disco players. With practically 0 communities alive (besides the handful of small mods, Disco and SWAT) for players to advertise their clan. Lancers Reactor, Star port, all those are dead. D-e-d...DEAD!

A lot of people would purchase Freelancer were it on Steam or GoG. There have been some requests for these platforms to release Freelancer but no luck or news on the matter

So, how can we attract new players to an Old game? Besides market this mod as Freelancer 2 or a Freelancer Reboot, i feel that there is not much we can do.

Who's got some Ideas. I'd like to have more than person in my Clan lol

• the server needs more action
    more open conflicts which keep clans and clan members busy and interested in achieving goals

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• dunno what the state of the conquest system is
    it logs data each day... but dunno

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Haven't put my nose into it for months meanwhile - i am not very much motivated to do so i have to admit.
    Every attempt to increase the server population with handing out more features didn't do well in the end. I don't see why I shall spend time implementing something that in the end doesn't help at all.
    The base plugin should already attract players, the clan system was implemented to make it easier to get people in one clan. You got the cloak system, the bank and whatnot else.
    And when it suddenly doesn't work i have more stress to solve it cause the players get frustrated and seek out for other games.

So the motivation level to add more and more stuff to the server is pretty low. If players want to play the game then just do it, as it was meant to be. Being trustworthy and a honest player. helping others to find their role in the game, accept to loose a fight or two, reform/group and all of this would probably mean having fun. The game is by far very old in this genre, we improved a lot of graphics and story elements and created new content - but somehow players loose interest - like me if it comes to play PC games. I enjoy the community and enjoy following discussions over here, but i am no longer up to the game anymore. We made also some attempts with Star Trek Online, which the devs ruined imo and Elite Dangerous. Star Trek was a good game, Elite still is (but i dont like the fightings and keyboard steering and wasnt up to invest money for better equipment).

Thats my stake on this.

signature.png