Crossfire 2.0

There are 98 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DonPasteraVFX.

• Vishnu, don't confuse the games...
    This is Crossfire 2.0
    And the other thread is Freelancer 2.0

:P That means, no new engine here.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• thx for the feedback
    while some points make sense i disagree with others

e.g. CF not balanced
    there is no "best ship" or "best weapon" or "best shield" in CF
    with CF1.9 most stuff was rebalanced to have more equal stats
    next to that we have specialized ships for special purposes

what i totally agree with is the part about RP
    the main problem I see here is that people dont stick to their role and complain too much when stuff does not work as they want
    but that is something i can not change.. that can only be changed by the players

station building and such stuff is a feature that we dont have
    its exclusive to discovery and nearly no chance to include it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• station building and such stuff

But didn't we planned to build such stuff since before Discovery had it ? It was just too hard for Huor alone on the hook by then.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• we had similar plans... indeed
    but huor also just has limited time

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• with CF1.9 most stuff was rebalanced to have more equal stats
    next to that we have specialized ships for special purposes

There is chance of course, if u ever "lower ur self" to that level... ;)

• Bases - this is not primary target. i Think you can do similar only in another way. But this is not main for game.
    1.you need to do balance with ships (do type of ships!light fighters,fighters,heavy fighters,bombers and ect) and guns,missles,mines and other.and many weapons with pluses and minuses (pebalance all of them)
    2.delete some systems,do galactics more compact(players must find one another) as they say in Russian proverb: "less is better".100500 millions systems - dont need.Better do bigger system and more harder for players.
    3.RP ships and guns.Liberty ships can use only liberty guns and ect. Rheinland - only rheinland.For this must be some leaders of this houses,which will do diplomaty.Do from sirius 3 -5 ways to other galactics (hide jump holes or ect,for pirates,military,and others plyers,like civilians)
    4.give enemy sides for players and their zone influense.
    and....you need to see it.

i have some proposition to you OP
    For see what im am talking about.Because if we will speak about it - this is will be veryyy looong.
    You instaling Discovery and creating char + you coming to us in Team Speak,we have player who good speaking english.We will give you money,ships and you will fly with us,we will show you all differnce.This is will not take many time...but better 1 time to see,than 100 times to hear.
    Becuase Crosffire have more potential than disco..i mean story line,graphics and other.But you need to see balance.

So,think about it.We will help.You need it.

• because of lack of active GRs who are willing to bring rules in action and to punish ppl who do the shit at daily bases.One among many reason is "we are old friends..."

On that note, not trying to veer away from the topic, you are correct, i myself can only be on at certain hours, weekends are the best time to see me off and on throughout the day, my problem lies in the time zone :sos:

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• You instaling Discovery and creating char + you coming to us in Team Speak,we have player who good speaking english.We will give you money,ships and you will fly with us,we will show you all differnce.This is will not take many time...but better 1 time to see,than 100 times to hear.
    Becuase Crosffire have more potential than disco..i mean story line,graphics and other.But you need to see balance.

So,think about it.We will help.You need it.

The best thing and proposition i heard about in past few months.

Disguised OP... oh yeah voted for this! :thumbup:

• The best thing and proposition i heard about in past few months.

Disguised OP... oh yeah voted for this! :thumbup:

agreed

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• The things there are different coz the rules are much more different, you must not say a word in sys chat that is not RP related X(
    Discovery is pretty nice, but the community and people here are much more nice, you won't hear many and hard insults here, there yes

• @Cro: That sounds as if we were a happy big family like a town, and Discovery was Manhattan, from New York (you know, a lot of people and a lot of crimes, maifa, etc).

Well, indeed there's a lot more shit on there that even got heard until here, bans of clans, attacks at the server (to crash it), etc...

• let me explain how ships are balanced in CF

I have put all ships into a large excel sheet with all their values
    most important here are the values responsible for movement
    there is a formula that calculates how fast ships can turn....
    this calculation was run on vanilla ships (and their vanilla settings)

now lets say the result for the eagle is 1 and for the sabre the result is 0.95 (meaning the eagle turns slightly faster than the sabre)

now the same calculation was done for ALL CF ships (by class) and the the values of the ships were balanced so the results of ALL the ships of that class are between 0.95 and 1
    this means no ship can turn faster than the eagle and slower than the sabre

(this is a simplified explanation as it actually requires 2 calculations to find out how fast a ship turns as not only the rotation speed matters but also the rotation interia)

now based on their weapon loadout, the number of bats/bots and their cargo volume another calculation was done giving the CF ships based on these values a variation of 2% up and down
    and finally the ship sizes were balanced to equal values

now you can try to tell me something about balancing but the facts would speak against it
    infact you are talking about subjective feeling.... i also could say "i can make more damage with a gun that fires 4 projectiles in the second and a damage of 1000 than with a gun that fires 8 projectiles with a damage of 500"... thats just a matter of personal taste and experience with that gun... if you are able to hit or not is not the fault of the gun

and while we are talking about guns

after the vanilla guns the mk2 codenames were introduced with high damage but also high need of power
    then we had ppcs and coal gattlings which are practically the same (just slight stats difference) and finally we have the alien guns which also have good stats but different ways of handling

the point is that all these guns cause nearly the equal damage -> averaged
    averaged because every of these guns belong to different classes
    lasers, tachion guns, plasma guns,....
    and each of these guns (while their general damage factor is pretty much the same) causes different damage on the different shield types
    and we have a set of champion shields in the game
    so if you think that the guns are not balanced you are just using the wrong shields

this is once more just a subjective feeling when you are not able to adapt to different situations
    and lets specify this even more

2 shrouds with 2 different loadouts:
    shroud 1 has shield type A and gun type B
    shroud 2 has shield type A and gun type C

gun type B causes 10% more damage on shield type A than gun type C would do (eventhough both have the same power output)
    -> advantage for shroud 1 with the gun type B

now lets say that shroud 2 would switch to shield type D which has a 10% resistence to gun type B
    -> advantage for shroud 2

the only reason why you complain about balance is because you are not able to adapt to ingame situations
    you choose a ship and a few weapons and then you get familar with it... you see absolutly no need to adapt to other ships, other weapons, other equipment

not the balancing is the problem... the problem is that the players dont make use of the different variations

and to say something about the other points
    I will not delete systems from my mod since most not much visited systems are for storyline purpose and Crossfire is also a mod that was written for storyline and for exploration
    there is absolutly nothing that could convince me to change that

next to that is CF not based on factions like in discovery and there is also nothing that will change that
    the entire idea behind crossfire was to unite the sirius factions... that is what crossfire is and i dont want to create a new discovery

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The ships are technically balanced, as a bit faster ship has less armor than others of it's class...
    but everyone would give up on hull for the faster ships, and so that system is not making a ship variation at players, proof of it is that everyone who PvP use one of 3 ships, or even all 3... especially the new Kyushu ship.

Even if a system is correct, if it's not giving the right results, something should be changed sooner or later, as it may not be a first priority topic.

• if you dont give ships a variety of handling you achieve exactly the opposite of what you want

ship A has the exactly the same handling as ship B
    ship A has 80 cargo space, ship B has 90 cargo space
    which ship do players take?

so either you have a balancing like I did it by calculation
    or
    you make all ships absolutly equal in all details.... same handling... same cargo volume... same bats, same bots, same weapon slots... everything the same

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• IMHO if someone want to have another balance, why dont you step forward and make your own suggestions, fact based. You have the stats in game, you have the ini files where everyone (able to do) can take out the relevant data. This would save us time to do it on our own, and we can take care of other stuff. So now - who of you guys want to have changes is willed to do these changes and take care of every ship of every class?? --> BTW. We have a dev team. If you feel yourself able to do this stuff of work - think about joining!

signature.png

• Indeed it's a complicated thing OP.

Long ago I suggested making a pack of 7 or 10 ships with the same stats as the known as "top" by then, to give some variations.

Now I would suggest keeping that system, but to have 3 ships exactly the same stats for each agility level, like, 3 titans at 0.95 and 3 sabres at 1, 3 of everything... that wouldn't please everyone but at least would give more options in case most people still go simply for the fastest one ignoring other stats like Armor.

There are plenty of ships to try this suggestion, especially the older ones where some are still very good looking (comparing with the newer ones) but no one ever uses them for being too slow, due to 1 extra turret or bigger cargo or whatever.

• as i understand this is mean "NO".
    ok,i know about calculation,type guns and other.We all this calculate in disco when placing new guns on our ships more than you think,because this is survive factor in battle.We not noobs as you think, I propose only to fly with us,to feel defference in mods.
    Anyway,like always im enemy in your eyes,or in eyes of GR,ect... You are big family in game,you have big burocraty in crossfire.If you will not break this - Crossfire will die.(if i say die - this is mean not project,this is mean that nobody will play here.Bad balance > low players>low players>more players will left game to find more "live" place >no players,only GRs)
    You even didnt fly with us,to talk that disco wrong.
    This is not objective critics.
    anyway,good luck.