Posts by {LP}SaxonRaider{X}

^as Huor said, an Eagle is an excellence starter class 10 ship, and is competent in pvp.

While the Lagg is popular at the moment, history dictates that sips tend to go in and out of fashion. So build yourself up 50 mil or so, then try some out for yourself.

Remember that certain ships require certain styles of engagement. For me, sometimes a heavily gunned freighter is more useful than an agile fighter.

Berkut VHF
    This Coalition beast of a ship has enough firepower to take on an entire fleet of Sirius built fighters singlehanded. The controls are slick, and it survives the cold conditions with bear rug carpets, and bear skin joystick control surfaces. It is rumoured that the Interior was designed by a leading carpenter on Battleship Essex back in the 60's.

Swashbuckler (BS or freighter)
    This Pirate built ship is fitted with twin Rum dispensers at both the bow and stern cocktail bar area. When purchased a crew of dancing girls, or male strippers (whatever takes your fancy) will make their way to the bar to work for you. Although this ship handles quite sluggish, the weapons capability, sheilding, and speed of this ship makes it good to fill the hold with plenty of doubloons and stolen goods, and have a chance of sailing away drunk as a parrot.

i think an infocard is a ship/item description you get when you select it.
    i.e. Local scientists have discovered a wreck of this ship and are reverse engineering it, this is the first prototype. It is most likely a relic of the Order war etc... blah blah...

Sorry OP, CF is the best FL mod ever made. Thats why we are all here.
    And yes, unless i say something, i wont know any better, i thought Argos opinion of fighting style changes is good point, and goes a long way to show a different opinion on why the VHF are like the way they are. Maybe fighting style will change in future that would benefit other ships, who knows.
    I'll just get back to playing, maybe i say too much eh. I dont wanna mess anything up for the rest of the community.
    I voted Yes to new ships, well if theres no changes to the current ones, then X3 ships would be very cool.

Argos and Az are right, if these ships are just going to be more of the same as what we have now, in terms of stats, its pointless doing them, as theres only 1 ship that everyone flies. (lagg-which could probably do with loosing either 500-1000 hull or limit it to class 9 champ shield, or have 1 less gun/missile mount, just so other ships are an option)

Take the Enfilade, Rage Bringer, and Hydra, and Azan, etc... etc.... just to mention a few of the worst, you put the best Top Gun pilot on the server in any of these, he WILL loose without a doubt in these ships. 95% of the ships in game will not be strong enough in pvp to last a few seconds against anyone whether they are experienced in pvp or not.

Take the Starskipper and other tiny, low class ships, surely they should be for sale nearer to NY rather than near X3043. By the time a person ventures as far as X3043 they have already bought a much better ship that can just about survive being attacked by corsairs (for example) on the way there . Yet, when you get to X, no-way would you want to be buying any of these little puny ships. So all these small fighters are also rendered, useless.

Only freighter any good is APC, this is definately a well balanced ship, and if flown by the best pilots can be a worthy threat to a fighter, Bullpup3 is a disappointing 2nd because the shields are far too weak. the rest are completely 'dont go there', take Sarafina for example, turns like a brick, has no worthy shield, limited cargo, basically a death trap, even if you put class 10 shield on it like an APC its still lacking because APC turns way faster, has a bigger cargo hold, and more guns.

Currently of all the ships, the only ones people bother with are:
    Lagg
    Saracen
    Shroud
    APC
    SF Train
    Cap Ships

I would like to say the X3 ships are fantastic, and if it can be done with no copyright problems, then, great!.

I have a suggestion:

My favourite is the Mamba, it would be great to have ships like, all Split ones aligned with pirate RP, all Argon aligned with police RP, and Paranid aligned with Merc RP, Teladi and Boron aligned with Smuggler RP. Goner ships maybe as event SP or admin chars :)

Something like this i think would work well in respect to Role based ship setups:

Police (Argon) Ships:
    Manouverability - Good
    Weapons slots - Good
    Cargo - OK
    Hull/Sheild - Good

Special Abilities:
    1xCD/Torp Slot, 2xCD Slots.
    2x Thrusters
    Flashing blue lights on roof if possible :) enabled only if you have police licence fitted.

Merc (Paranid) Ships:
    Manouverability - Excellent (Fastest Turners)
    Weapons slots - Excellent (More slots than anyone else)
    Cargo - Terrible (Worst of all)
    Hull/Sheild - OK

Special Abilities:
    2 CD/Torp Slots + 1 CD only slot
    2x Mine Droppers
    2x Thrusters (or 3 Thrusters if possible)
    Cloaking Device

Pirate (Split) Ships:
    Manouverability - Terrible (Worst of all)
    Weapons slots - Very good
    Cargo - Very Good
    Hull/Sheild - Very Good

Special Abilities:
    1xCD/Torp Slot, 2xCD Slots.
    2x Mine Droppers
    2x Thrusters
    2x CM
    Cloaking Device

Smugglers (Teladi, Boron) Ships:
    Manouverability - OK
    Weapons slots - Bad (defensive based)
    Cargo - Excellent (best of all)
    Hull/Sheild - Excellent (best of all)

Special Abilities:
    No CD or Torp Slots
    2x CM (or 3 if possible)

Of course, people can buy whatever ship they like regarless of the RP type of the ship, however, at least there would be ships now with varying attributes that work well for particular roles.

I bought an [SFP] bribe in NY, from Gunny, fully rendered in game in manhattan bar NY. lol

On a more serious note, (yes Wavey i have no sense of humour and cannot tell when your making a joke :P) wouldnt it be interesting if server clans were actually affiliated with police, criminals etc.. of the NPC, and they appeared in our race relations list. Hence, possibly server clans would be red reps, and missions were available in their systems to kill their enemies to get rep back. And the clan leaders were in the bars offerring bribes. hmmm cool. :) probly not possible, but what a thought!. :)

Originally posted by sev98
    I would be pretty useless as I'm a ham fisted player and would only lose cash. I would like to try later but I need time to accumulate cash and experience first. Also a freighter would be a poor match agains the faster fighters.

You wouldnt loose cash if you dont use missiles and mines. just the time getting there.
    Besides, most top gun event people are more concerned with taking out the hardest fighters first, so, there is still a chance for a 3rd place for you, and that could be like a milion or 2 if your lucky. beats trading.

also, i've killed fighters in a train, in an APC aswell, and i remember Dopple used to enter top guns in an APC freighter and i think even come 2nd or 1st once or twice.

lol the mind boggles at what you thought 'gf' meant.

good point tho :)

cya in space, and if i ever call you a seadog, thats a compliment. just so you know m8.

Originally posted by Wavey
    AZ its upto the clans to allow/disallow rp in their systems
    rp is not stealing ships
    umm I havent said anything about encouraging it,I just like the idea m8

Originally posted by Wavey
    just get there and buy/steal/fight for waht you want

hmmm, yes lots of contradiction there, but like you say, its up to the clan what they consider is rp, and Gunny has 2 times said diplomacy now. So thats the way its staying.

I know BG are dying to get involved, and willing to try to manipulate people into break rules in order to get a fight, however, that wont happen. Gunny is the boss of his system Sovetskaya.
    Diplomacy
    Diplomacy
    Diplomacy

Well it seems Gunny wants some diplomacy, so this is what will happen i suppose.

Over the years, Gunny has taught me some good diplomacy skills, most of what i know i owe thanks to G, hes a good trainer. Its time i rise to the challenge and we negotiate over how much these items such as everything that is sold or collected in altair will cost. As not only will Sovets be subject to a fee, but also, for anything, such as a saracen from Vortuka, for example, would also incurr a fee for a system pass to travel through.

btw quality post as always Az, hehehe.