Posts by Red Katipo

FL was my first online game and still my favorite.

The structures that the mod builders have created, combined with the societies the players bring into life, is fantastic.

I love flying spaceships.

I have met some great people through this game.

What more can I say?

Before I say anything else I must say that I understand that I for one am probably one of the people that OP is unhappy with. I had no intention of entering this debate but feel I must as I still have strong feelings of loyalty to DC even though I no longer play on this server.

When DC decided to change the RP to Police I was not happy with it. This was an internal DC issue and the command staff knew I was unhappy and I gave them a commitment to try it out which I did. After a few weeks it still wasn't what I wanted (DC were not Police when I signed up) and so I tendered my resignation and was to go freelancer.

I was persaded to stay and try and rebuild DC which I attempted to do. I kept DC active on the CF forum, started an event in my timezone and tried my best to vet and recruit new players. I found the biggest problem was not our high standards for recruiting but in fact our Police RP. It seemed to me that being the "Honest Cops" was just too restricting for most new players.

DC are a great clan with good commited command staff but I believe especially with thier CSF RP that Police is not the RP that they should be following. DC command staff have also been given a hard time by some people for their lack of server time but what those people need to realize is that they are working hard behind the scenes for the CF community as a whole.

When I withdrew my initial DC resignation I made a commitment to leave CF if I was ever to leave DC and this is what I have done.

I have thought hard before I posted these comments here rather than talk of the Police RP in PMs or on the DC forum, but feel this discussion is important enough to warrant it. I am sorry if these comments upset any of my old DC mates as this is something I wanted to avoid.

Thanks for your time,
    Red

I have told Haegar that I will update the Tohoku system rules whenever they need it.

I will also keep in touch with my old m8s here and visit occasionaly.

My leaving is from on-line play and I will not be active on the forums either. If anyone wants to get in touch I will be available by email

redkatipo@hotmail.com

OP : My Ping is usually around 330.
    It has got to the stage where I even the nomads in DV jump about and are no fun to kill.
    I tried some other servers (vanillan and mod)with pings around 150 for me and my problems disappear.
    Thank you for the great mod you have provided but I dont believe there is much that can be done about my situation.

Ahmos : Trading this is not really my thing, I like the fighting.

Azadur : I was told the night you were talking about about my lag reputation. Maybe I should have taken the RP of guide for lost clans.

Argos : My ISP is shite at times but it is the best I can get. I am also tied into a contract for another 18 months that would cost around $200 to break.

DarkJedi : You were the first I met here and gave me a great start. It was a shame I couldn't have tried some more PVP against you before I left. I wish you all the best with BD.

Ghost : I will miss our conversations and midweek madness events a lot. I hope it all goes well for you. I know your ISP is as crap as mine.

Haegar : I will miss you and the rest of DC heaps. You have been great.

Hi guys. I am sorry to say this but I am resigning from DC and leaving CF.

I have tried to make a go of it but the lag I am experiencing is taking away my enjoyment. I have been told that I am getting a bad reputation of a laggy player and as my primary fun is PvP and ASF/CSF it is not fair on the other players. I have just upgraded my system but to no avail.

One of my major problems is my ping rate due to my location. I am looking at a server with a better response.

Thanks for all the great times and friendships. If i can ever get back to a situation where I can play properly I will return.

Thanks again,
    Red

My Harddrive has fried and I will not be online for a few days(or weeks) so will be unable to help with the event or supply the prize money.

It will be entirely up to Ghost to decide what will happen in my absence.

See you online when I upgrade my system.

I spent many a good night playing with Nightowl and he was always honest, fair and good for a laugh.

There are very few people that I would want to return more than him.

After PIAs departure Nightowl sent me an email explaining how upset he was with the way the departure was handled. I am prepared to put my reputation on the line for him.

Please let him back onto the server.

When I train a noob, I like to disable most of my guns.

I start with 1 Tizona and 1 PPC and dont add any more until they can kill me. It makes for more of a challange.

There are a lot of visitors/saboteurs coming here onto our server and hassling our players. But they dont have a theme song. How could we neglect them so. Please post the names of suitable songs that they could use.

To kick things of I have included my pick with full lyrics just to give you the idea.

"Just go away" by Blondie

The PvP stats can be easily manipulated. I was on one night when a clan (I wont say who) was training a new member and every couple of minutes it would be X kills Y. This went on for well over an hour.

Lets just say X got a great set of stats that night.

I would also like to mention Lashan here. While some of the players above me in the list kill me 4 times out of 5, This is a player who I can hardly even damage.

Personally I like taking on the best, and lets just say my % has been dropping for quite a while.