Posts by Red Katipo

Being completely un-biased, I would have say DC is the best because of it's ability to change, not despite it.

a couple of quotes sping to mind:

"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order. Life refuses to be embalmed alive. The more prolonged the halt in some unrelieved system of order, the greater the crash of the dead society."
    (Alfred North Whitehead)

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."
    (W. Edwards Deming)

While playing I keep getting the consol message asking me to make a hard copy of my Microsoft Multiplayer ID in case I have problems.

Trouble is I dont know
    a) Where to find it and
    b) What to do with it if I do have probs.

HELP for a MP newebee please :)

As to life existing;

We did the rough calc once in an Astronomy course.

Given the stars in the Galaxy, The relative few that have planets, and the planets must be the right distance from the right type of sun, and then the had just the right amount of atmosphere, and that life started and that evolved to a point where space travel was possible before the species had wiped itself or its planet out, we came up with approx 5 to 10 civilisations in our Galaxy with spaceships.

Thats just in our galaxy.

Unfortunately the odds of them ever having come here given the vast distances was not very good at all