Posts by Red Katipo

I think you mean the NQ forum you sad little man.

Now that I am registered and have posted on the forum you cannot make a fake char with my name. As long as I post occasionally the Automatic tool will not remove me and I don't believe the Admin there is into the sh*t you are

It is quite a compliment to Op that they cannot find a server that comes even close to the quality and excitement of CF.

They get so bored on the others that they have to keep coming back here.

Keep up the good work OP. 8)

I fly the Pedator which is the most agile fighter I have tried. I have owned Saracens and Shrouds and find them great ships too.

The Predator cannot match up to say a Saracen in a head-on Firefight but can get behing one resonable easily with skill.

In the Mid-week madness events run by myself and Ghost I have found that once you get larger numbers of Fighters (and maybe some Cap ships as well) the Saracen has an advantage due to its stronger hull. In a simple one on one PvP though I will still stick to the Predator.

Thanks to everyone that made it. As the event always seems to start late I propose shifting it later by 1/2 hour. Please let me know if this suits/doesn't suit any players.

For your information the ships used this week were;

Doppleganger(UAC) - Saracen
    N1VEK(LP) - Saracen
    Slaughter(Fallen) - Saracen
    Red Katipo(DC) - Predator
    L Dog(Junkers) - BS
    Dragoon(LP) - Rheinland cruiser
    Molloch(Fallen) - Saber
    Viper - Eagle
    Death Scythe(BG) - Shroud

See you all next week. :)

Will the "Good guys" continue their dominance or is it time for the Recidivists to show their true form....

The rules, time, and prize are the same as last week.

Qiuck recap.

Concept : Free for all PvP in Arena, winner is player with most kills after 1 hour. You can die as often as you like. Winner will get the title "Twilight Serial Killer" + 10M

RULES :
    1) Any Kills in Arena in this time get counted.
    2) All talk to be in System Chat only.
    3) No using Bats/Bots but you dont have to remove them.
    4) Suicide will take 5 kills off your score.
    5) Self kills will take 2 off your score

People can use any ships they want.
    People can use any weps they want.

Day :
    Wednesday

Time:
    02:00 Billings
    04:00 New York
    05:00 Rio de Janeiro
    08:00 GMT
    09:00 London
    10:00 Berlin
    11:00 Sofia
    18:00 Sydney
    20:00 Wellington

Any suggestions on ways to improve this event are always welcome. Last week we had a "state of play" break with 20 mins to go.

see you tommorrow!

So as long as we only use the tools available via our HUD then we do not have to give warnings before opening fire when contraband is detected?

If we see a tax call in a system we are in and someone is killed, do we then need to tell the pirate that we are hunting them?

I also thought that for low level players we could just shoot them up a bit with Tizonas to give them the idea. At least we cannot kill them that way. If they F1 then it is an even bigger lesson to learn.

As a "Good Cop" I only attack pirates that I actually catch taxing or killing. This was what I was told after we first became Police. In other words it does not matter whether they fly the pirate flag or not, I am only supossed to judge them on their actions.

This must then also be true the other way around. Even if they say they are Military, Police etc, if the are carrying contraband they are smugglers and should be treated as such.

Allowing people to get to level 50 before taking fatal measures against them though is only fair as we all did some smuggling to build chars when we started. The rules need to be explaned to noobs and they need to know that they are getting away with just a warning because of there inexperience.

The blood bath continues.....

Who will take the title "Twilight Serial Killer this week? [7]

The rules, time, and prize are the same as last week.

Qiuck recap.

Concept : Free for all PvP in Arena, winner is player with most kills after 1 hour. You can die as often as you like. Winner will get the title "Twilight Serial Killer" + 10M

RULES :
    5) Start from whever you like

Day :
    Wednesday

Time:
    02:00 Billings
    04:00 New York
    05:00 Rio de Janeiro
    08:00 GMT
    09:00 London
    10:00 Berlin
    11:00 Sofia
    18:00 Sydney
    20:00 Wellington

Thanks for that feedback.

Times will be left in GMT format.
    I will keep an eye on the other server event times, but I would be suprised if there was a clash unless someone else organizes one for this time zone.
    I will also take your other advice on the counting using frags.

Consistancy between server event rules will make it easier on everyone. Last night everyone droped there bats/bots at the start which was good and we may also make this a rule.

====================================

Hopefully we can try and make this a regular event, but that depends on the participation level.
    At the moment I can only cover a 10M first prize but I will work on that.

I take it those refences are system based as I would hate to see people coming in late with kills during the time but in another system. Also what about people logging in after the start time and then wanting to join in?. I am quite happy to have people come in late.

I will change the references from GMT to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) to try and avoid daylight savings confusion.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

There were 4 of us for the inaugral event. {UAC}Doppleganger outclassed the rest of us with 30 kills.
    I was tied for second with Swan on 13 kills each and BG_Sanny was 1 kill behind on 12.

Great fun, but I am glad I made it just 1 hour.

OK, Lets try a trial of this idea this Wednesday 08:00 GMT.

Concept : Free for all PvP in Arena, winner is player with most kills by 09:00. You can die as often as you like so this is different to Top Gun. Winner will get the title "Twilight Serial Killer" + 10M

RULES :
    5) Start from whever you like

Refereee :
    Me. I am more than happy to let someone else do this as the Ref wont have time to compete.

My current concept for scoring is just to manually write down kills from the system chat. If there is a better way please let me know.

If I could grab an excerpt from a log with the details in it I could write a small Perl script to pull out the score automatiically. This would not be ready for this week though.

Let me know ASAP if you have any questions or suggestions.

There is a famous saying that goes;
    "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

For people talking about other servers, whatever your opinion, the more you talk about them here, the more you advertise them. This is not fair on this server. If people want to play somewhere else that is their own business.

As for DC. If the second oldest clan needs to go through somewhat of a rebuilding, then what better oportunity for players to join and rise through the ranks quickly. We have a great history, a great system, great relationships with other clans, and any current troubles will only see us emerge stronger that ever.

Yes, I know I was ready to leave myself, but I am more happy than you could know that I was talked into staying. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes DC have been, are, and always will be, a force to be respected and feared on this server.

My own VERY unbiased opinion.