Resigning from DC

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by burro.

• John - Red Katipo has withdrawn his resignation (please read the whole thread ;) )

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Hi guys. I am sorry to say this but I am resigning from DC and leaving CF.

I have tried to make a go of it but the lag I am experiencing is taking away my enjoyment. I have been told that I am getting a bad reputation of a laggy player and as my primary fun is PvP and ASF/CSF it is not fair on the other players. I have just upgraded my system but to no avail.

One of my major problems is my ping rate due to my location. I am looking at a server with a better response.

Thanks for all the great times and friendships. If i can ever get back to a situation where I can play properly I will return.

Thanks again,
    Red

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

=====================================
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• I am sorry to hear that you are leaving due to technical problems. I wish you good luck out there. I hope you will be able to solve the probs and come back to DC and CF very soon.

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Red Katipo,
    I have the same LAG problems as u have. My PING is usualy 450, only in good days it is 256. I am lagging all the time. Many times I am frustrated with the lag... most of time I am an easy prey to those that judge themselves the best players, the best fighters... they dont know they have so much advantages against me and my PING... and they dont want to hear my complains and lamentations. ;(

So, why to leave? I still have lots of fun... when I cant play, i just go on trading... and start imaginating plots against my enymies... some of them very rich and conservateurs from the central countries of the terrestrial empire. :D

Stay and lets make the ALP: association of laggy players, which shall fight for our rights...

Sincerely yours, Amos.

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

{LP}Amos and derivatives; {LP}Ivanov{X} from the Altair branch of LP

• how high is the ping?
    maybe the lag is not connected to the ping... maybe its because of a packet loss

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Red

I met u first in Hamburg as you were looking for some ASF/CSF action. We PVP but were surrounded by NPCs and decided to call it a tie.

The other day I saw you spreading discord in Kepler and I instructed you to leave .. or else.

Then you kindly waited for 45 mins for me and other IOC buddies to find Kepler and kick you out of it.

It didnt help our cause that our map was upside down or that Ghost went into the wrong system!!

We PVP and expell the CSF invaders than you came back with PC Force right?

What I learned so far

You pretty good in PVP and no lag with you
    Like me you enjoy Predator
    IOC need to use map right way up!

I enjoy meeting you more than PVP and good luck to you mate - whatever you do.

• OP : My Ping is usually around 330.
    It has got to the stage where I even the nomads in DV jump about and are no fun to kill.
    I tried some other servers (vanillan and mod)with pings around 150 for me and my problems disappear.
    Thank you for the great mod you have provided but I dont believe there is much that can be done about my situation.

Ahmos : Trading this is not really my thing, I like the fighting.

Azadur : I was told the night you were talking about about my lag reputation. Maybe I should have taken the RP of guide for lost clans.

Argos : My ISP is shite at times but it is the best I can get. I am also tied into a contract for another 18 months that would cost around $200 to break.

DarkJedi : You were the first I met here and gave me a great start. It was a shame I couldn't have tried some more PVP against you before I left. I wish you all the best with BD.

Ghost : I will miss our conversations and midweek madness events a lot. I hope it all goes well for you. I know your ISP is as crap as mine.

Haegar : I will miss you and the rest of DC heaps. You have been great.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• well it was worth a try... but that you play on another server does not mean that you cant visit us here

no need to leave at all

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have told Haegar that I will update the Tohoku system rules whenever they need it.

I will also keep in touch with my old m8s here and visit occasionaly.

My leaving is from on-line play and I will not be active on the forums either. If anyone wants to get in touch I will be available by email

redkatipo@hotmail.com

(Albert Einstein)

• Come back and see us sometimes Red.

And i know its annoying with such a bad connection.

The best i have ever achieved is a ping of about 300 and that is with the fastest DSL connection available in Australia.

I cant get cable.

I just figure u win some u loose some.

And some days your just better than others, especially as u get older. :))

• RED Kapito
    i didnt know you nearly well enough i have fought you a few times not nearly enough

i know there is nothing that can now be done to keep you here

you departure is both CF's loss and gain

the gain only being that it is a refreshing change for a valued member to leave under the very best all be it tragic circumstances. I know for what has been said in this thread you leave behind firm friends and this cannot be easy for you or the friends you leave.

i raise my glass to you my friend in spirit. God speed
    may the wind be always at your back and the road rise up to meet you.

best wishes and fwrewell it is our loss, i hope it is your gain

• word homie, ill miss you and killin you in twilight madness

im rasin' that invisible-in-my-head glass to you too, m8.

I am god of the sea people.

"If you ever touch Mr.Kitty, ill put a M80 in your nutsack and blow your nuts all over your pants."- That goes for shooting at my transport too.

MW Gonna Rule The Earth!

or at least you.

Charachters- [MW]-XXL-[X] [MW]-Cartman-[X]
    [MW]-10-CENT [MW]-KONIG and in development:
    [MW]The_Oak. Thats right, run and hide.

West Coast For Life

• Red

Talking about lag shouldn't be a problem - infact I would suggest it is a major subject for conversation. Lag is not always caused by players (or is it?)

Infact you first spoke to me about your rep for lag when we first PVP in Hamburg - do you remember that?

Also, if I had a problem with your 'apparent lag probs' why would I fly half way around the universe to PVP you?

I dont think there was any lag problems when we PVP in Kepler or Hudson (not sure which one). If there was lag - maybe it was casued by my gatlings?

I may have talked about lag in there, but not in any negative way about you - u urself admit you have lag probs

Summary - I am sorry to see you go as I felt you tried hard to bring RP on - and you PVP with excellent attitude, u r very friendly person.

If you come back mate, I will welcome you with open arms and then try and stop you spreading discord amongst the citizens of ASF space.

• Red

I never had the pleasure of meeting you in space, but good luck and good flying.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums