Posts by Red Katipo

I have the same problem. I was on yesterday with no problems at all.

I have also restarted as a way to try and fix the problem but to no avail.

There is one player showing up on the list were before there was none so unless it is OP there might be a way to get on.

That didn't work for me.

It went through the normal startup to the server page, showed disconnected from global server for approx 2 secs, and then try to connect to the global server again.

My ping time to cross to CF server is 318.

So unless the default port is incorrect in flrirectip I might just have to wait for the GS to behave?

I was thinking that an interesting weapon (or class of weapons) would be ones that that had more fire-power than ordinary weapons of their class, but that automatically dropped your shields while they were being fired.

Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings with horned helmets on. A man and his wife enter.

Man (Eric Idle): You sit here, dear.
    Wife (Graham Chapman in drag): All right.
    Man (to Waitress): Morning!
    Waitress (Terry Jones, in drag as a bit of a rat-bag): Morning!
    Man: Well, what've you got?
    Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
    Vikings (starting to chant): Spam spam spam spam...
    Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
    Vikings (singing): Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
    Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay
    sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines
    garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
    Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
    Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
    Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
    Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
    Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
    Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
    Vikings: Spam spam spam spam (crescendo through next few lines)
    Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
    Waitress: Eewwww!
    Wife: What do you mean 'Eewwww'? I don't like spam!
    Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Waitress: Shut up!
    Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't
    have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
    Wife (shrieks): I don't like spam!
    Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!
    Vikings (singing): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
    Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
    Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
    Vikings (singing elaborately): Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

Currently, my favorite addition would be sharing the same map between chars created from the same multi-player ID.

BTW New Zealanders split the atom and invented the Jetboat, amongst many other things.

Thanks for all the effort OP.

tr2e

("E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Common\Ai\IBehaviorManager.cpp(206) : *** WARNING: IBehaviorManager: state graph not found in database!)

It looks to me as though state transitions are handled using a graph of valid states that one can get to from the current state. The error message gives the line in the c++ implementation file but does not give any information on the current state or the intended state which means to it is hard to find the missing transition.

To solve this problem properly it would be useful to set up regression tests that not only test all valid transitions but just as importantly check that we cannot go to invalid states. This would require exception handling that did not crash the server but would just log the required information and continue with the tests.

Of course you would also need to know the valid transitions without refering to the graph as this is basically what you would be testing.

This is a lot of work for one of the simple bugs and I would say that if you were not prepared to go to this sort of effort then it would be best just to stop adding to this thread and let OP get on with it.

My 2 cents worth;

I think that if you are asked on a private channel by someone and not on a public board, then you are only spoiling it for them.

If you put it here or in a system or group channel then that is different.

Yes I believe it was the trenton dock, disembodied though it was. I did try docking on several occasions but this did not work.

On second thoughts I shouls probably have kept the char so the problem could be replicated on demand

OP

While trading out of trenton There was a server crash just as I had sold a load of VIPs. The VIPs sold but the cash was not updated.

When I came back on my char was in space with a box around it and some random sun corona effects. I could not get out of the box.

I closed the char down and restarted it but the problem was still there.

To ensure that this was not my problem I did a complete freelancer and mod reinstall and restarted the char. The problem was still there.

I then tried another char and that had no problems.

For stability I then erased the offending char and created a new one. Tried the same run and had no problems.

Time was around 20:30 my time and I am GMT + 12. (New Zealand)

Hope this helps.

If OP did not take on the stance of Benevolent Dictator, then he would be forced into the role of slave to rest of us.

Some things are best kept well away from a committee.

Cheers OP