Posts by ramses

Btw, I found the "error".

It is the Salamanca Turret.

For the weapons all standard neutron weapons travel with 600 m/s ( except the Battleship derived projector cannon ), but the neutron turret is travelling with 700.

But projectile travelling speed should be based on technology, on the device in comes from, or?
    Little differences come from the origin of faction, but also Salamanca Turret I get from killing Outcast, so origin is same and therefore also weapon statistics should be same.

Can you please review this?

Good suggestion Forlon for an estiablished figher, but this is a starters problem :)
    When you are too weak to go podding in Texas there is no way to kill an Ancient Drone in Dervon.

Just stumbled over this lack of correlation when I did some excel analysis.
    Using MkII weapons from wrecks or killing Nomads is good source of reasonable weapons but no real sense of combining this with a fighter with turrets.

Hi,

I am wondering why there is no Turret with Speed of 600. Basically more speed is better, but since crosshair is related to the weapon with highest projectile speed makes sense to align weapons according to their projectile speed.

Turrets have mostly projectile speed of 700, some 750 and some few 500/650. There is none with 600!

I actually would like to go for some of the MKII or Nomad weapons together with a Komodo dragon ship, but the advantage of two additional turrets is in vain since there is only one weapon what will match the turret speed o 700 and these are all only buy-able weapons.

So combination of Nomad/MKII weapons with Turrets does not make sense at all which is pretty sad. Is there a change for this in Crossfire 2.0?

I am checking this since nearly my whole character is gone after patch 2.0 I have to start from scratch and until I Will be able to go to Altair fpr my old setup of Cyclone/4xCG will be weeks.

Download took 27 Minutes, so all fine. Installation also went fine ( actually using CC cleaner was also good to do this after years), even my problems on win 7 with the launcher vanished. Works like a charm. Also docking/undocking worked! Only that I have nearly from scratch is a problem :)

Very good news overall!
    Will cost me 200 Million Bucks and will force me to do some long trips to gather all equipment again, but better poor in 2.0 than forever rich in 1.9.

Looking forward to it!

How come I overlooked this one in Neophobos. Always used Vega in SP and MP.
    Great thanks! Lets see which criminals I can encounter there still need 20 mio for some devices.

Anyhow, pirates should be red. Then it's fine. Even pirates in the past used their pirate flag, so they should be recognizable as well :)

And I read interestingly the thread already about the relation but got it more like a preset. More experienced people like me are contributing there, I trust in a smart outcome.

... or kill him rightaway :)

Thanks for the explanation.
    Biggest issue here is that you still see these people in green on the Ship overview, and green means "allied/friend" to me and therefore did not expect anything ( especially in Vega where there are plenty of allied NPCs around).

Who decides to go for pirate role play should not be green, except to people who are pirates also ( and even then...). At best red then you know what you can expect. Would be good if thats included in 2.0. Or would that be the case if I was ASF affiliated?

And @nucnuc

Prisons are in short supply and the universe is big. E.g. in whole Altair there is only 1.

Can be that your hold is worth 10 millions and then would be bad to have to go for 5-10 systems just to reach a prison ( aside of dangerous also pretty time consuming ). Idea of clan systems is great, and e.g. Purian Lake or Omega-3 styled places are fine since they are either dead end systems or can be went around having both no deeper importance. Vega as I noted is important ( by now, I am curious if there are solutions in 2.0, also the Fuchu prison was once somewhere else...).

Hi,

yesterday I wanted to leave (!) Vega system and after killing those nasty Corsair flies I was already in docking process there was a message for that I had to pay 1 million and in the 2 seconds after why I was wondering about this and still in docking process I was killed.

After that I was thinking about if this guy was just another idiot on the planet or I overlooked something.

I did not transport any forbidden stuff ( actually only 12 rescue pods) and I am not a pirate. Actually this is my 3rd day on the server so I did not chose an RP role yet since I need still good relations to order and criminal side to gear my toon.

Clansystems
    On the offical star map also often mentionings like "in MP system owned by clan XQZ". For Vega there is nothing.

I was also finding this overview for clansystems: index.php?page=Thread&threadID=23843 where there is a clan mentioned for VEGA but this was commented from Forlond that this is outdated and the real overview is here :

index.php?page=Article&articleID=963&languageID=1']index.php?page=Article&articleID=963&languageID=1']index.php?page=Article&articleID=963&languageID=1 .
    There nothing is mentioned for Vega,

After that I stumbled over this entry index.php?page=Thread&threadID=23147 where a clan is claiming Vega system. But this is not mentioned on the official clan system page so it is not yet valid.

Did I miss something about this guy?

Also I find it weird that systems containing a prison can be rented and access to the prison restricted. If you see the rules these 13 armored guy put up is ridiculous. I have nothing against Hiruga space rules, everyone has to go there one time to get this shield and if they sell it little higher, thats ok and fair enough.

But Vega you have to go regularly ( even multiple times a day ) due to the prison there, selling the pods is #1 source of money for people on the order side ( which do not trade so much) being active around X-3043 system. Imagine all systems containing prisons would have been occupied and restricted. Wouldn't work at all.

Also due to the prison and heavy Corsair activity, combined with acces to "highway" X-3043 system and some nice weapons/ships available there, this system is the gold mine of the game. Should be not bookable.

Ja stimmt. Hab das gestern gesehen, bin über das System gestolpert und hab doch einige gefunden.
    Hat meine Waffenliste reduziert weil ich nun nicht jeweils 4x blaster/cannon "aufheben" muss, wenn ich die mal mounten möchte muss man die eben neu erjagen.

Hi,

yeah I did a run yesterday, bought the three lvl 10 shields and the sunslayer torpedo and did some training runs in Sea of Shadows with the Outcast and in X-3043 with the CSF. Sure Outcast where no match but CSF started to be ( at least in missions from Planet Crossfire ). I start to love the Cyclone and getting used to the proper usage of Missiles. Btw very good youtube videos for Combat, I learned a lot about right firing angles and maneuvers, works out pretty good already! Lets see how much time I have in the next days, but I plan next week to go back to the Outcast Rogues and see if odds are better then. If I am successfuly I can maybe buy once a Battleship and see how it works with that one. Already at 60 Mio Credits with all Equipment on board.

Thanks for the hints, trying to separate them is actually very good idea.
    I will also use different shield what is good vs particle and return to altair maybe next week to challenge them again, accepting defeat is not my kind of character :)

Hi,

thanks for the warm welcome.

What Forlorn writes makes me really curious. I am fully convinced that you guys will release when its ready and it will be a fat improvement ;) . Until then community has with 1.9 something already great to play with!

For the Coalition Rouges. I started missions with all others except Rogues, actually Missions in Altair are much harder than anything in Sirius( therefore also much better rewarded, what is really fair since imho also torp/misslies needed), but it is a challenge to pick up. I looked at the videos for combat training and adapted my opening moves and shooting angles, I yesterday was able to kill 5 waves of Kusari but did a dumb mistake at the 6th ( and hopefully last ) wave. Still 5xCoaltion Gun per Fighterand 4 Fighters per wave is really strong.

With the new weapons and tactics going back and through Sirius is like moving a knife through butter :)

Also the decision for a ship took long, but I start to get familiar with my Cyclone and also this will help.

Ist ein ziemlich alter Thread, aber vielleicht hilft dir Antwort ja Leuten die das gleiche Problem haben.

Nomaden zu killen im SIRIUS Sektor hat für mich nie Waffen gegeben, das gibt nur Nano/Shield.

Erst im Inner Core habe ich welche gefunden.

Das gilt alles für den SP.

Hi @all,

I come here since I was hearing from the awesome crossfire 1.9 mod what revives Freelancer from the dead.
    What I see is really hard to believe, you guys did an absolute awesome job, this Mod looks very nice and it is fun even 10 years later to play it.
    I am very curious about the 2.0 Version of it.

I finished SP recently with my Cyclone, need to gather last things for my ship ( lvl 10 graviton shield, sunslayer torpedos, this nemesis misslie launcher) and then go on exploring a little more.

By now I am fighting with the the Coalition Rogues what are very hard to beat ( actually the lead by now 10:1 ) but I am improving my skills and if I also handle this guys maybe enter MP ( depending on the time for the game my girlfirends allows me :P ) .

The forum and the wiki (index.php?page=Article&articleID=944&languageID=1) especially helped me a lot.

Keep on the very good work guys and finally

Hello Crossfire Community!