Ever though of time travel paradoxes?

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Aukmune.

• Sapphire
    LLOOOLLL ... total crazy ... but, good arguments ....

but if you have changed something in your past, this will effect your future aswell 8o , so WHERE can you return once your job 8) is done ?

this would apply aswell to the question you made ... even if another person visits you ;) he would change something ...

hm, buy hey :rolleyes: , would that mean that your future-you wouldn't have "fatamorgana" laters in the future, lol ? :D cuz he would see the same person in da past and then the same person laterz ... :P and what if you were really good with that future-him who went to the past band you know everythign about him .. but them 50 years laters (lets say this future-he already went to some deepshit hole somewhere in other dimension or whatever :D ) you meet the same person you met in the past, but he doesnt know who or what you are ... :) this way he would confuse you, you wuld even more confuse him, and maybe after all this he wouldnt use tat time machine again cuz he would to go the hospital cuz of some serious brain damage :D8o

what we have now is next: someone was able to use the time-machine once, but he was stopped in the future for making the same mistake :evil: (?) again ...

hm ... but what IF :
    someone would have the time-machine and the cloaking device which would prevent that other (me, me, she .. whoever) sees him and by that way he maybe would change the current psycho status from other people ... ? :D

• the problem is that human brain hardly can understand more than 3 dimensions (height, width, depth)
    and if we are playing around with the 4th dimension (time) most ppl end up with a "bla"

considering that we are living in a universe with 11 dimension (known dimensions) and we realize only 4 of them (while the 4th is hard to understand) we are going to run into a problem as soon we try to explain all this

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

the problem is that human brain hardly can understand more than 3 dimensions (height, width, depth)

Absolutely. which brings us back to the point that we only use about 30% of our brain. It's not that finding the answer to this is impossible, it's just that we are not capable.

So... people who reportedly can do things 'out of the ordinary' for example, telekenisis, psychics etc..... are they maybe using more of a percentage of their brains than the rest of us?

And back to time travel...
    I remember a story from a long time back, about someone who saw a regiment of roman soldiers march past them, then disappear. funny thing was, they were only seen from the waist up. archeologists dug up the area and found an old road a few feet under the ground. this was the road the soldiers were marching down. Did this person catch a glimpse of the past? did time cross over?
    I think time and dimensions are so vastly multi directional... and we are 70% numbskull :P

Sapphire LLOOOLLL ... total crazy ...

Yes indeedy. I come with a warning sticker :P

• hi peeps
    I left myself a message tomorrow to ask if anyone has worked out the password yet?
    no?
    I see
    ok then I will have to tell you

Saphire you were sooooo close but I'm afraid you're facing the wrong way

its two words actually ''I can''

impossible is a word made up by people who think they can't

Regarding the well documented case of the Roman soldiers it wasn't time crossing over, the people who experienced the event simply were in the right frame of mind to read the vibrations left at that place,something which has apparently happened many times to many people in many different locations.
    Every event is is located at a crossroad in time , choices are made lines cross and something happens, however a slightly different choice i.e say crossing the road at a certain place and time will result in an accident but if you hesitate and stop at the kerb the vehicle goes past without incident, your life had two possible outcomes, two futures, who is to say which is the reality ,well we do ourselves we say the one we experience now is the ONLY one because that is what we are taught from birth and constantly through our childhood it is reinforced until its the accepted norm.There is more than one reality, where do you think you go when you sleep? Do you think dreams are the brains VR game?
    Oh no my friends dreams are the gateway , you think that dream about something you did in the past is JUST a memory it's not it is your brain accessing the matrix.
    Yes time and space are multi-directional and imagining the whole is almost I say again almost beyond the ken of mere mortals but not impossible , the closest imagery I have found to approximate how I perceive the matrix is the OPTE Project (google it please I don't know how to post links yet, take a look it is fascinating) but look at it and imagine a zillion times more lines
    Time is not linear man made that up so he could sow his crops timelines go in all directions, fill every gap so much so that there is no space left its solid the matrix is solid and neverending................................................
    got to go now theyre locking the doors and turning off the lights :P

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• OPTE Project

pic's .. maps

hm ... are you a scientist ?

well, yeah, most people simply MUSt find logic in some things (like in time travelling) and thats why we try to make everything more simple, but in real we make it even more complicated .... what we now need is someone who is going to give us all possible infos about the other 7-8 dimensions we aint aware of, cuz till then we can only guess what is real and what a total ilusion ... :D

and you Aukmune tried you find the conection between teh space and our brain, maybe ? cuz, if you see the pic's on the above link .. then you just have to notice some connection .. which would leave to the next argument: once we manage to understand ourselves (our purpous, what we are, what we do alone in the space and similar question), will we finally be able to understand the whole universe ? maybe the whole universe is one big brain, one huuuge organism ;)8o

• Now you're getting it

and no I'm not a white coat but I have trained and qualified as a Technician and as a Horticulturalist , for the last twenty years I have been what I always wanted to be....an Artist

training as a techi taught me to want to know how things worked

as a gardener getting my hands in the soil and studying in close up the flora and fauna made me realise there is a pattern to things micro and macro

being an artist made me understand the connectivity of it all

and the illusion is that there is only one reality

;)

• Ok loads of shit here but i do like the subject.

You can't go back in time, In your own universe.
    You are only here because 10 billion people died, 10 trillion wars ocurred , ur granny met a sailor at the docks.
    This cannot be undone and by visiting any timeline along this path of your sentience being will cause paradox.

But...
    The clever bods in university ( won't do real jobs) land have come up with String theory. String theory suggests that there are a multitude of universes all around us that we are unable to see or comprehend.

Einstein worked out how time effects the big things we can see like planets etc and came up with E=MC2.
    His theories don't however work at the atomical level where events happen in a chaotic way.

So here goes the past shit time machine. If you could and did go back and killed ur grandfather. You would cease to exist. This could not happen in your plane of existence. The only way it could happen is if this were to happen in a parallel universe. Go watch all these vids , i am sure you will love them as i did
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

• ok ok ok so its all hypothetical

everyone throws up the 'what if I killed my Grandad' question dohhhh! what fool would kill his /her own ancestors?as you say instant paradox

and the matrix IS chaos , we spend all our lives trying to make sense of it ,we train ourselves to see the order in it, then lock it down and make others see it the same way we do then we have continuity , which makes 99.9999999.......% of people very happy

string theory is damn close to explaining what and who we are , everything is energy ,you ,me ,the monitor in front of me ,the power it uses ,a glass ,the water in it ,everything is energy vibrating at different frequencies

'events at the atomic level happen in a chaotic way'
    I hope not , without the strict order at that level we would not exist , no cohesion between molecules ,no solid bodies.
    Its the subatomic level thats the stuff of chaos , get down to the either or choices and it gets a little weird.
    even for me
    [biggrin]
    and by your snide comment about clever bods GCL I take it you didn't bother with any education or did you just fail the exams?
    ;)
    btw ta for the link to nova ,when I have a few hrs to spare I will peruse the various articles then again I could read one then go back in time and read another one ad infinitum[203]

• You are correct , i didn't bother with further education after i was ejected from University due to my very poor attendance.

I did however join the British Army and had my eyes opened very wide as an 19 year old sent to Iraq. Didnt fire my weapon once but seen a lot of things that i can still see today when i close my eyes.

But does this matter, did these things happen or was i trained to see these things.
    After all a chair is a chair because we were all hard wired to accept it as a chair but , could it have been a table. Who called it a chair , why.

Who built the great pyriamid, how does the wind blow and who changes it's direction.

Man , im pissed , too many stella's tonight

• What this has to do with time paradoxes?

A chair is a chair - you want to call basic things into question... You can call a chair table if you want - but things are named for everyone the same to reduce failures in communication - otherwise if you talk from tables and me from chairs this would be very irritating, isn't it?

Then you should ask why is red - red and not yellow or lilac.
    Someone made this decision we all live with today - this is how it works today...
    Wind blows because our atmosphere is moving around our planet and causes friction with the relative fixed crust. And blowing wind is also caused from the difference of high and low pressure areas. So there is always an exchange of gases (air) from the high to the low pressure areas -> this would cause that wind is blowing... :D And the directions are changed because of changing air pressures around our planet - causing from the moving of our atmosphere...
    (not sure if i told it the right way and with the correct translation :D I am no expert in english weather assertions) ;D

Besides i can say to you - war on Iraq is still happening - maybe you was trained to see all those pain and shit. (That's hard enough) You have my charity for having seen all this in real life...

• hmmmm we are wandering off topic slightly but such is the nature of the question.

only English people are English weather experts it's our second favourite topic of conversation ;)

GCL you have my respect
    I would have joined the services at 17 but they turned me down 'cos I was only 5ft 1'' and weighed 8 stone , they told me to come back when I'd grown a bit but a year later when I reached 5ft 10'' and a few more stones in weight I'd already decided to go for another career.

• Cheers man for the post. The army wasn't a great time in my life. I never fired a shot in anger. Probably couldn't have done anyway due to the British army SA80 rifle jamming all the time. Rain, jam , sand , jam ,sunny jam etc

As to last nights post, i was rather drunk as i had just came back from my holiday and was finishing off my booze.

I think i was try to elude to the fact that we are all hard wired to only see what we have been taught to see and it's very difficult to imagine other ways to see things.

Going back to time travel because i love the idea.

My belief is you can't go back in time just as you can't un write a published book or un murder someone. I believe however that you can time travel to the future. If the experiments being carried out in Austria/Swiss with the massive particle exelerator come to anything , we will see a massive leap forward in tech.

Tell me what you think , if you push particles faster than the speed of light , then you can time travel. Would you say that was correct. If you travel at the speed of light do you not become light.

Value your opinions on this man

• As far as we know, faster than light is not possible (from nowadays technology standard :)

You can calculate for yourself how much heavier and bigger you will become if you increase your speed that much to become nearly to light speed...

And it is also scientific proven that when you fligh around the worl in a space craft the time is running slower for you than the rest...

So time travels are still possible but not that way we know it from Hollywood :D

• Incorrect my man. The brainy bods have accelerated a particle beyond light and destroyed it. What they are doing now is , trying to keep the particle intact during it;s flight.
    I know i can't run 100 mph or jump 100 feet. Why can't i ? because their are limits to everything. Why are their limits? Who or what imposed these limits. Why can't a spider grow to human size? Why can't humans grow to 50ft tall.
    Why are their limits and who or what force controls them?

I 'll give you a clue , spiders could not excede their current biggest size due to the energy needed to work all of those legs.

But if we had the energy and power why cant we?

Ball in your court man

• so many questions
    so many points to consider
    you'll have to give me some TIME to answer you :P

MASS increases exponentially as an object approaches the speed of light not weight or size.
    So to travel faster we have to find a way of converting the object to pure energy which has no mass to start with ie Startrek transporter type technology.Which has already been done on a small scale'
    Hollywood actually use real theories in their story lines , ok they stretch them a bit to make good viewing but the basics are sound.
    Einsteins space and time equations allow for time travel.He stated time passes slowly for objects travelling at speed, now proven as you say with the results of the NASA space program.
    Now we come to Blackholes ,space and time are distorted to destruction at the singularity and to pass through one we would have to travel faster than light as the hole closes at the speed of light,however that only holds true for a stationary blackhole a spinning singularity has different properties, mathematically allowing for travel through it although at substantial fractions of the speed of light.
    I hope the guys at CERN don't create an accidental hole with their experiments 'cos the energy needed to control one is more than the entire global output at the moment.
    So we may not have to build a H G wells or T.A.R.D.I.S type of machine
    btw my surname is Machin and I have had a bit of a giggle at the proposals to build a time machin :)
    anyway maybe the way to do it is to build the machine which can create a spinning blackhole... Stargate...anyone ?
    nature abhors paradox so finds a way to stop them happening so maybe its nature that stops us from changing the past but then again maybe she doesn't stop it happening just shunts us onto a different timeline one where the action happened and there is another timeline where it didn't.
    the debate rolls on