Threads Missing

There are 89 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• I appreciate OP taking the time to pass along some of his knowledge and experience to some of us noobs in this thread (I'm not being sarcastic). I have mentors in other areas of endeavor, and yet, here I have acted as though this was unncessary. We have a saying, "never do something for the first time, without getting good counsel". Even though this is a gaming community, it also remains true that anything worth doing is worth doing well. OP has provided some excellent points to consider; have you really thought them through?

Having said that, I have a single concern at the moment: even if the community can finally step up to the plate, and deliver some of the things that only they can be responsible for, if OP is no longer going to be admin for SWAT/CF, how will the administrative aspects of these changes get done, or be maintained? The updates needed on the RRS for instance, or finishing the repairs to some of the lost features of the forum? Is XL going to do the needed admin changes, or do we just accept that the CF mod and forum are as complete as they are ever going to be? If this is the case, then it seems illogical for people to make the effort required to produce the desired changes, because they would have no expectation of seeing these changes made "permanent" by inclusion into their respective parts of SWAT.

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Im new to this community, i just know what i have read here. I just want to say, that since i joined the server i had met very nice people in the game, starting by Dopp that helped me out a lot, and all the UAC members that are great dudes. Also Iceman, that has been very nice to me and helped me a lot with all the RP stuff (that believe me is hard to get), i meet other nice players from ideal food and cp. gonzo...and also i meet inferno that killed me and I still hate him, (kidding m8, you just made me lost a million)...Even i met OP, and i did have a bad experience with him, It was my foult cause i enter in BGs system without permission, (OP when you talk about communication i would had like you to communicate with me about it, but anyway i have np about it anymore, i was in foult thats RP game...no hard feelings).

I know that my opinion doesnt count too much since im a newbie here, but i think that you have a nice place here running a server and a community, and i think it can work...of course i dont know half of the half of whats going on here...but all i see is a great place created to have fun.

Last word, Dopp i think you are a very nice guy and if my words cause any problem just tell me, and i will stay out of this inmediatly. And OP i have no critics to make about your decision, I just say that if you want things to be in one way, say it and i think ppl will follow...you are the leader here.

Im nobody, just a new player...and i talk from this perspective, hope all this can be sorted out for the best of all of us.

• Tito

nicely said m8, and remember that everyone starts as a nobody, but that is a path to greatnes.

See ya in space!

Buy a ticket, take a ride! [45]

DD BlackOps Hassassin

• Hiya guys let me start by saying that it doesnt matter how new you are to the community, you are still part of it and yes your oppinions do count, this is how CF has such a strong community because we all chip in and comment on events on both here the forum and on server, but please note that only constructive comment get things done but flamming well all that does is gets a lot of peoples backs up and we still remain in the same sittuation that started it.

As for money for server all players are welcome to donate to server to help with the upkeep and running and to ensure we have many more months/years to come and whan i say all players i dont mean just clan members this includes freelancers and noobs alike , just remember this server costs money and a lot of time from OP so i am sure any money left over after server rents have been paid will be put into good use as in put back into the server itself so come on guys dont be shy Donate some money so we can stay and enjoy for a long time to come.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• the administrative stuff is not clear yet since i didnt give them away to somebody because i didnt find someone that is able to do this
    a SP member requested to be serveradmin but in fact I have my doubts that this would make any sense because he doesnt have the knowledge to administrate everything where modding is highly required and the other administrative jobs are not much different from what the SPs already do

XL for sure wont do anything coz he hates FL and wont return except this place does offer new games

so the question about the administration is still open and highly depends on the community
    I wont have that much time in the next 3 weeks due to extremely RL issues that need my attention... ill be here on the forum and on msn but wont find time to work or play
    I think after this 3 weeks the question about the administration can be answered.

And OP i have no critics to make about your decision, I just say that if you want things to be in one way, say it and i think ppl will follow...you are the leader here.

unfortunatly i often did say something about what is needed to be done but the result was not really impressive
    most ppl didnt even care

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi Guys,

I´ve read this thread from the beginning - in Game i´ve followed discussions - and guys this Thread should now become a turn around.

Many things are said - and i´m feeling sad about this all...

OP likes to change some things that imO must be done because its his vested right of personality.

So - have a look here which jobs are needed to keep the server (and the community) online...

Think about your own possibilities - offer your help and keep this place.

Ok I will say what i can do without offering my whole life to it. If someone is needed to administrate this forum ask me for references - I have some. Only my english could be a problem ;).

Three weeks to solve a problem - thats time enough.

Who is a modder here?

We have a thread with bugs and problems, someone with a little spare time could bring this in an order (without any knowledge of codeing).

We are growing since i visited this place here in the beginning - more shoulders are needed - what about yours?
    One from the "old" members could manage these things...

First of all a plan is needed...

Who is in?

Click the image above to visit us.

• No body wants to help?

I would if i had any relevant skills.

If there is any task that needs no specific IT knowledge, you can contact me vai PM, i would be glad to help.

Buy a ticket, take a ride! [45]

DD BlackOps Hassassin

• Start to put alltogether what is needed - and not done until now - you know that bec. you play the mod and i suppose all of you posted to the thread what should be done.

After it sort out or discuss what is needfull and which things are able to be done.

Put the important things together in a PM! send it to OP and Hägar (?), let them have a look to it and ask for the possibilities.

Take the work which can be done by yourself and search for ppl who can do the other work (this is the hardest part :D).

One is needed to set timelines and organize all.

Work it out - put it together again and give it back to OP.

Enjoy a better working Mod - and feel fine when you see what you have done for it in the game :]

edit.: spare one hour of gaming time every day, in this time have a look to the lancers reactor modding section (most things can be done by simply use some programs which are listed there) no special IT knowledge is needed.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I can help. I also have some knowledge about some programs. I will help this community as I am having free time currently. :):D8) :]

THE FASTEST ONE