Looking for help...

There are 26 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• Some questions from a Single Player to the proffesionals:

I often see Dk´s in e.g. Omicron Alpha, Omicron Gamma and the Border Worlds of Altair. In all this Systems no Corsair, Outcast or Coalition boat fight against them - why?! Do they have a peace agreement??? ;)

In the Main Nomad and DK systems giant Carriers and Motherships appears every 30 seconds - sometimes straight before my tiny little Haidar - if this factions are owning so many capital ships why don´t they attack sirius - or do they all use the Holo Projektor from the coalitions HQ? Do they fear the mega coalition guns (but if the don´t shoot them - hmmmm so many questions)? ;)

I´m looking for the wrecks in upper unknown (more than once) do they exist - or is it a fake to train new players? ;)
    Seriously - do they exist? And please on which position, the Database seems to be wrong here...

Is it correct that a coaliton torpedo is so heavy that you can equip it only 3 times in a haidar because it takes away your cargao space (300 t divided by 3 and it have to have the weight of 65 upper class limousines per torpedo)?! ;)

After i´ve got the Blackboxes i went to ... (how can i say it without saying to much...?!...) Ok, hope somebody will understand, the point where you can go in coalition sector after you get the hints by using your pistols :D (btw. cool idea!)

Is this only the Jumphole to Hieron and the e... buoy or could i find more - on the position i got from the hints?

And last but not least:

Do a lonely single player have a small chance in the DK´s territories???

I´m flying a tiny littly Haidar with all you can buy for it - get nearly no hits while i´m approaching a DK wing (mostly 5 ships) because of strafing like hell but in hand to hand combat i have not a chance to survive against 5 Dk´s. Fleeing (because of my better truster) is the only way to s urvive... Some alternative proposal for fighting them - and beat them?!

Thx for ur answers...

Hmmm taking a rest now, while drinking a glass of beer on planet bloods bar...
    Bartender please... one beer not shaken please :D:D:D

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by C9H14NO3
    I often see Dk´s in e.g. Omicron Alpha, Omicron Gamma and the Border Worlds of Altair. In all this Systems no Corsair, Outcast or Coalition boat fight against them - why?! Do they have a peace agreement??? ;)

Seeing the DomKavash in those systems is normal and usually everything that is hostile to you fires at you, but the DK and other factions should be shooting each other too.

In the Main Nomad and DK systems giant Carriers and Motherships appears every 30 seconds - sometimes straight before my tiny little Haidar - if this factions are owning so many capital ships why don´t they attack sirius - or do they all use the Holo Projektor from the coalitions HQ? Do they fear the mega coalition guns (but if the don´t shoot them - hmmmm so many questions)? ;)

The ships are the real deal. Hypothetically though the massive Coalition and Order forces in Altair and Sol are keeping the alien menace from gaining ground. You will find human capital ships every 30 seconds in some systems nearby ;)

I´m looking for the wrecks in upper unknown (more than once) do they exist - or is it a fake to train new players? ;)
    Seriously - do they exist? And please on which position, the Database seems to be wrong here...

I've never seen a wreck in the unknowns before. I wouldn't waste my time hunting for snipes if I were you (I could be wrong, but I doubt it) :D

Is it correct that a coaliton torpedo is so heavy that you can equip it only 3 times in a haidar because it takes away your cargao space (300 t divided by 3 and it have to have the weight of 65 upper class limousines per torpedo)?! ;)

Coalition torpedoes take up 100 cargo space, but keep in mind that cargo space isn't nessecary a weight. I'm guessing the reason for this is more along the lines of the Coalition having a history of using large munitions. If they're big in the 80's why not in the future? :Dhttp://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/…/as-4-DDST8407764_JPG.jpg

After i´ve got the Blackboxes i went to ... (how can i say it without saying to much...?!...) Ok, hope somebody will understand, the point where you can go in coalition sector after you get the hints by using your pistols :D (btw. cool idea!)

*SPOILER*
    Using the information on the blackboxes and by talking to enough people in the Coalition bars you can determine the coordinates of a jh... a jh to the Hieron System. The blackboxes in DK space can be sold at any base for the amount of 9 million credits each.

Is this only the Jumphole to Hieron and the e... buoy or could i find more - on the position i got from the hints?

That is the only jh to DK space.

Do a lonely single player have a small chance in the DK´s territories???

I generally don't go into DK space in groups because the members of the team usually slow me down or die. If you can avoid being dockraped as you jump from system to system and conserve your countermeasures for fleeing the DK and the jumps it is plausible that one could even survive a trip to Hyperspace and back (though I have to admit that I only survive about 1/3 of my solo flights through the region) :P If you want to die though feel free to engage the fighters. They are difficult to bring down and when gunboats (they tend to join in at the rate you can kill them) come to help them you pretty much end up in a perpetual swarm that doesn't end until you die. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• wow, so many questions

1º at least in MP they fight agains them.

2º I don't know if the that BS could defeat the coalition cannons, I really don't supose they could.

3ºwrecks in uper unknown? better try to find JH.

4ºcoali torpedo=useless in my opinion.

5ºHieron, just that, the rest you will have to explore.

6ºtry other ships, and it's easyer to survive allone.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• @Marshal Cunningham

The ships are the real deal. Hypothetically though the massive Coalition and Order forces in Altair and Sol are keeping the alien menace from gaining ground. You will find human capital ships every 30 seconds in some systems nearby

Ahhh yes you are right - that and the musik makes me feel so unsecure in the DK´s Territories...

I wouldn't waste my time hunting for snipes if I were you (I could be wrong, but I doubt it)

Real preparing for MP is preparing for surviving in my opinion, think i have mapped all the jh´s and wrecks in sirius and most in altair... maybe we will face us in space soon.

If they're big in the 80's why not in the future?

I think i have to agree...

ok weapons could be big... klick me

So if you can blow up a small Destroyer with one hit - okay persuaded!

[...]for the amount of 9 million credits each

cool, i sold it in sirius; yesterday - for a little less money ;(

But the Game informations i´ve got are wrong than. They gave me the wrong coordinates in the bars (maybe next time i will ask without showing my guns ) :D

Thank you for your informations about DK´s that are my impressions too, but isn´t it the only way to get weapons from the dk´s ?! ?(

Argos

too much questions for 100 hours of playing and mapping?

1 ok
    2 ;)
    3 it´s shown on the cf database - you mean in upper unknown or generaly?
    4 yes, i agree maybe it´s helpfull in clanwars?!
    5 yeah - with a little time for reloading the Autosaves :)) - and thx again.
    6 what do you think about going by battleship in there?

Thanks a lot - for the quick answers - faster than light!
    8)

• well it's true it is on the database but I think something is wrong, I'll check once I get home :D

and trust me coali torpedos are useles even in clan batles. you will find that it is very hard to hit anything with it at a safe distance, and BS are useless in batles as well since 2 fighter's can easly take a BS down.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• the coalition and other factions do fight those dks and nomads... but its possible that you didnt delete the restart.fl so the reputation is not working correctly

yes the dks have giant ships and damn good ones
    the fact that they entered altair... gained control over so many systems in a short time... build up bases there... all that shows their powers
    on a tactical note: if you want to attack another country you move your fleets to the borders of the territory first and build up a defence for the case that the attack fails
    in all scifi games where the evil aliens came through a single hypergate (freespace 1+2, wc prophecy, ... ) those aliens didnt build up a working defence in that system and were simply kicked out again when the hypergate was attacked
    if they would have build up stations, sattelites, turrets, mine fields, docks, shipyards in their "new" systems without attracting too much attention then they wouldnt have to fear the destruction of their hypergate coz they still would be able to fight even if it is close
    ... so far the tactical idea behind "to let the dks settle in altair first"

wrecks in upper unknown? we are all evil ^^

yes the torp is that big... i measured the size on my dick

there is just one hole to the dk systems

if this lonely single player has the ability of "foresight" yes... a small chance

fleeing? do you want to live forever? O_o

k - one beer... but dont fly afterwards
    Muppets. Kermit is sexy!!!!

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok - now i visited the online game and tried to have some more fun with you guys but i run on some probs...

The biggest one is i always have lag problems...

My connection is clean 6 Mbit dsl down 512 kb up ping isn´t higher than 25 no packet losses. The firewalls of my network are open for the Ports 2302-2304 (Freelancer online Ports) TCP and UDP incomming and outgoing but the npc´s jumps in zigzag.
    So i need a two times better ship to fight npc´s with lvl 2 or 3 and up to 30 min. for two enemies - this is ... Is this only my prob or is it the server? If the server is the prob., i saw not more then 32 ppl playing at the same time in the last weeks. Therfor the server had to provide ressources for 80 players but max 32 are using his ressources - you can lowers the max player count maybe to 50 and get more calculating and packet ressources.

Next is more a question. From SP i know, Custodian stations sells ingame ships like titan, sabre and eagle and shields up to lvl 10 for the old prices and because of the near to the beginning systems i would like to enter the system for buying this equipment. In your rules is written, that i have to ask for permission entering clan owned systems but the last times i´m on nobody with the BG tag is online too - so how could i get a permission from a clan member when non is online? Buying a sabre or titan from voigtland or leon is at this time to expensive for me, because of bad reps - and shooting down eg. red hessians is with my equipment nearly unpossible because of the lag...

Next prob. will come if i get better lvl´s. In SP the Outcast (my favorite enemies) will always flee if they see me. In two systems only they always fight me - Far point and X3043. Because of the number of appearance Far Point is in my opinion (from SP) the best System to fight them. You can earn - much money by collecting escape pods very fast. But Far Point is an end system lying after Tarsus wich is owned by a clan too. So, do i have to ask all the time if i like to enter their system? And where could i sell the escape pods than? All Crossfire systems with prisons are owned by clans too. If i want to sell the ep´s i have to go back to the old systems (long ways) but eg. custodian is clan owned too, so i would have to go via inner cloud, the corridor, new london to manchester or via Freeport 7, Quantos, Frankfurt to Hamburg to sell. Isn´t it possible to get a free access from this clans? (I don´t know this - maybe it will work since years in this manner - but as a newbie i have to ask this...sry)

@Operator

:D8):D

"to let the dks settle in altair first"

Something known about their breakout? I like to be a part of the defenders fleet 8)

we are all evil ^^

NP in SP Nomads are not hard to fight but someone switches of the light in this systems only the corners are free for looking at the massiv carriers...

yes the torp is that big... i measured the size on my dick

Uuups, tell your wife or girlfriend my regret for your disease - isn´t it hard to live with this prob.?! :] :P :]

there is just one hole to the dk systems

Yes, but i´ve got the wrong coordinates from the bars in coalition systems - and i thought it must be more than cause the coordinates leeds me to the cloud behind this hole...

fleeing? do you want to live forever? O_o

Yes :D, call me the green and wet Highlander :D, coalition called a ship "The Kurgan VHF" for his opponent so this ugly warrior lives forever too "(deep voice) my kid" (you remember?)

If i get only one beer - i´ll take a romulan ale please!
    I never drink and dive - sry fly...

• UPDATE:

Today all worked fine - because i made the second step first with my last posting :( sry - It was a corrupt installation on my side i suggest. After complete cleaning from all FL Installations included mod Manager, all crossfire Registry entries (some survive after Deinstallation) and after this a reboot of course, i reinstalled all and...

Bingo - a small lag is to meet, but no further impetuous NPC hopping.

And ingame i met a guy from BG, who gives me acess to Custodian without any problems (I thougt i will get some because of the rules).

I have a more forwarding look now.

;)

The Frog

ps.: Do so many players cheat on the server? Because often i saw a possible cheat detect from the server?!

ps.: Do so many players cheat on the server? Because often i saw a possible cheat detect from the server?!

The Server must have crashed or reseted and those players did not relaunch from the Launcher again. :P8o :] :):D

We mostly meet nice, good and fair people on the server :)

THE FASTEST ONE

• I can´t understand cheating especialy in this mod, because with some time you can get very fast money and equipment with a lot of fun. Writing a patch to avoid the cheat detection will need some time too. In this time you can earn a lot of money to buy the equipment you need to survive.

Maybe someone can answer me a question - pvp is allowed - so how will it work?
    If someone is a pirate - is it allowed for him to attack all other players. Yesterday i saw two well equipt but lonely, player driven trains. With a good fighter it isn´t a prob to shoot them down - but what will the pirat earn than? some prisoners or black market articles? Do the trains put their loot after shoting them down? Do they lost the weapons?
    If you play as police, what will be your job? Hunting the player Pirates - and how do you earn money with it?

Smugglers and Mercs are clear - but do the police players hunt the smugglers too?

So how the Cf system works?

• i see few particular players who is constantly beeing kicked for "possible cheat detected" it's deffinetely not serverver reboot :D because i play and i see messages on hud
    i don't know the reason but i know that it is possible to be kicked out even without cheating
    but not 3 or 4 times a day as sometimes i notice

• Next question:

When i visited X3043 yesterday, my rep. for CSF appears white (three points to the right) but their ships acts hostile on me (I don´t shoot them of course) - may somebody explain this for me?

• C9

Good question re pvp and pirates and trains.

If you havent already - check out the roleplay rules here on left - u may need to click twice to get it.

http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.de/eng.htm

A pirate will be known by

his name ... containing an {X}
    his license
    his clan {LP} and Fallen are pirate clans and others too

Re: Trains and Pirates in fighters

Our (pirates) objective is to 'tax' traders - the amounts are defined in the rp section dependant on level of trader.

If the trader pays then they are allowed to go about their business - if they dont - then they can try and make a run for it - or die in battle, lose all cargo but not equipment if they are equipped. Some pirates are to known to prefer this option and the 'money or ur life' routine is just a scam to get blood.

Pirates dont earn money by scanning in cargo and selling it on as their ship will have a much reduced cargo capacity compared to a train 5000 v 150

The police should answer your points, but note at least one of the police clans is corrupt and makes cash sitting on their behinds raking in the bribes in Tarsus (whoops - gave the name away there) and spend little time upholding the law and stopping smuggling.

If u carry a box of dougnuts with u whereever u go - u can guarantee the police wont trouble u at all.

Good luck brave pilot.

@usul - If i ever see that you (bad stuff) about other clans again (no matter if you hide it in Roleplay stories or say it public) it will be the last thing you have said here in this community.

If you have a problem with what Ive said here... then leave my forum and my server!

OK

Next question:

When i visited X3043 yesterday, my rep. for CSF appears white (three points to the right) but their ships acts hostile on me (I don´t shoot them of course) - may somebody explain this for me?

Faction-wise CSF are alligned with Outcasts very strongly. If you enter X-3043 and you have a hostile rep with the Outcasts the CSF will automatically become hostile as well :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Faction-wise CSF are alligned with Outcasts very strongly. If you enter X-3043 and you have a hostile rep with the Outcasts the CSF will automatically become hostile as well

correct

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thx for the answers...

is the killing of about 1000 Outcasts to much for beeing a friend of csf? :] Didn´t know that but ok - i will have a look how the csf ships fight and what kind of weapons they loot :D

Kwisatz Haderach

1000 thx for your post - the cf database is a kind of bible for me. When i entered here the first time i read all about the rules but i never thought that both words roleplay and rules are klickable and ever wondered about your stories you post on this board :D no i understand the system. Thx a lot Kwisatz Haderach

• Next Question if u like to help me again:

The froum here shows some informations about console commands. I tried it yesterday but the commands didn´t work. I tried it with the /restart and /dots command for starting my char in another faction. Did I do something wrong or are these commands out of order?

thx for ur answers

• the only console commands working atm are:

/frags
    and autobuy

maybe also some others, but i dont use them, hehe

others like /sendcash have been removed due to that some people were clan jumpers and they couldnt be followed ...
    and /dots and /restart are pointless anyway ...
    but it would be nice to have /warp ^^

• this was realy fast 8):)8)

thx, yes think that it would be nice to have this too (pirate with navy tag - hehe)

• don't forget standard FL commands like:

/i (name) - invite ppl to group

/group (text) - send message to group channel

/system (text) - send message to system channel.