A few questions about mod.

There are 26 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [BC]afGun.

• It is for Multiplayer ;) SP I like doing the Campain and then it starts to get a bit boring because of no new interaction.

I know the "trick" with creating one character to fly around the whole universe, visit every base, buy 1 item of each commodity and then check the prize each day on this character and then trade with another character. Not sure if that is what I would prefere as the kind of "roleplay" because you then have a multiple personality "issue" xD and it is very much time to invest.

• Best option. I have to say this mod is definetly not new player friendly. Multiplayer NPCs WAY TOO MUCH dmg, even in normal systems and not the new added ones.

On SP, I do suggest you use a savefile editor to change your credit volume. The settings on how much you have to grind between missions is increased way too much. Also, if you buy one of the new added ships, your player value just smashes down and doesn't stay the way before you did buy the ship. Was grindling like 20 missions, had 4k credits left to new level, did buy new ship and had to grind 700k again. What a joke.
    Another point: Be careful with when you buy new tractor beams and scanners. I did buy the best ones, wanted to buy a new ship and they are just gone and you have your shitty basic ones in the new ship. No clue how it is on MP, since it just annoys me how to make credits, there. Also, there is no option to start neutral to everyone (besides nomads).

So overall, best option for you is to go on SP, create a game and then use a savefile editor and get you 1 billion credits, go on settings, use godmode and then go to where you like.

Beginer in mod yes? No need to use any cheats to get monney where is fun in that? You have multiple ways to do that simplest one is by selling pods at prison stations. You dont just buy ship you need to transfer your good stuff to new ship before hit buy button. MP or SP is all obout grind resources and get best ship that suites you and adequate equipement. If you like story you could just speed run thry vanilla part by buying one of the new powerfull ships and heavy equipement. I did manage once to did this before mission 3 vanilla i get Redemption and best equipement in Sirius i could buy that was near end game stuff and the sence of power was incredible. Use wiki from this site for maps,ships and the rest of stuff to inform obout all and you r good to go! Chears

• It is for Multiplayer ;) SP I like doing the Campain and then it starts to get a bit boring because of no new interaction.

I know the "trick" with creating one character to fly around the whole universe, visit every base, buy 1 item of each commodity and then check the prize each day on this character and then trade with another character. Not sure if that is what I would prefere as the kind of "roleplay" because you then have a multiple personality "issue" xD and it is very much time to invest.

There are some less known details, like that commodities have on some days on certain stations better prices and this applies especially for black market goods. Next to it, cycle for dynamic economy is

So with some patience and out-of-game "preparation" you can create very efficiently working calendar with informations what is worth to sell ... player can make money few times faster with such knowledge and info like this was in time when I played use regularly for anti-smuggler police operations :)

I also used info about Alien Organisms , which needs only 1/2 cargo space per unit and which can be mined in some asteroid fields. Two examples:

Omicron Theta - amarus nomad asteroids - 4F Alien organisms

Telosis nomad asteroids 5E Alien organisms

Or at some days you can buy very cheap and sell in not so distant place.

Creation of "catalog" (visitied all bases, cargo in storage) character of course is needed, however you can do it also using single player, bcs market files work the same way :)

• Thank's for the details, still very complex. Am looking for a list that has minimum time invest to get ;)

Seems like there is no way to get that ingame working as far as I see.

Anyways, found the gamefiles where the prices are changed.

• It actually was a great time spent playing Crossfire when I created my own info char starting with making neutral rep and then visiting all bases. Using ‘shortcuts’ was never my thing while playing games 🤠

• On this topic, I do remember having to shoot NPCs in NY in the story for 2-5 minutes to get them down, only in the beggining though and they could ever barely land a hit on me so I had time.

And making neutral rep on all your chars was trending a few years back, to be able to do events without getting pestered by NPCs... and to chase that nasty pierat (human player pirate RPer) who tried to tax somebody... without getting your engines killed on the way :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It actually was a great time spent playing Crossfire when I created my own info char starting with making neutral rep and then visiting all bases. Using ‘shortcuts’ was never my thing while playing games

Glad to know I'm not alone with this gamestyle :)

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!