Ukrainian War

There are 45 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Good evening to my brothers in arms (fortunatelly virtual ;) ) trying to find a reason for update server not available (E000000AA) and bumped into this topic.

Double standards, hypocritic views, lies, lies lies and yes from both sides, but gues who is louder this time (like many times before :))
    I must admit that stereotip about bad guys, like bad Russians in Hollywood sometimes put me on the edge of the close to hysteric laughing ,but after 90; it wasnt that funny cos ma man jumped directly in that skin. Little if anything is truth when it comes about bad guys, no matter Vietnam, Corea, Cammbodga, Iraqi, Iran, Lybia, and i must admit i didn;t care too much, but when my people went on that list i started to read and listen much more carefully, and to use analitics skills for good and for sake of keeping my mind in healthy conditions, keeping my eyes and ears open.

I will tell nothing then this: when u ban all other media, then theres only one side remains>>>Yours side of the truth>
    My point of view is quite simple, if thera are Jenkies "defending" someone i know what will happen next, and iam by defults against ( i know why and have all human rights to think and act like that)

People are usually blind after they take sides and especially when it comes to listen each other arguments, i mean each other.
    To run an arrgumented discussion as this one, you had have to know history and geopolitics and you have to know how and to hear voices from both sides, but i think that Angela said enough for those who wants to listen, and this is a part of answer at your question from the beginng, which was "Why?"

War is shit, but shit happens!

• ... last 24 hours were quite interesting for Russia. Prigozhin move seems was surprising, honestly I thought they would remove him long time ago, but could be that they tried and failed (just my thought). Personally I don't think he have chance, but that was also the case with attack on Ukraine where many expected it will end in hours. But it for sure is very very bad precedent, and if it that "rebellion" will continue for more as week then Russian governament would be even much deeper in troubles. We can also see next russian season of people falling from windows etc.

One from many articles in world media: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66006880

• That something like that would happen was clear to me. I actually expected Kremlin to act right after Prigozhin said "no" to making a contract with the MOD but since that did not happen Kremlin lost the initiative and showed a severe weakness. The question now is if this will end in bloodshed or will people turn on Prigozhin to prevent exactly that.

You have to keep in mind that Prigozhin was the only "commander" that made any military progress for Russia in the past 9 months. The psychological effect of that and of such a conflict now should not be underestimated. There are evidences in history where troops switched sides or layed down weapons because of respect towards a commander. On the other side their is this Russian patriotism and blindly following orders.

I would not be able to predict what happens next.

For Ukraine this is a godsend. It is a major distraction from the war itself. Russia will have to deal with its internal conflict now (more than just a few rebellious groups raiding Belgorod). If Wagner has the 25.000 troops it claims to have and if they turn out to be loyal then Kremlin either faces to fight Wagner or if the mercs are not as loyal as expected Kremlin still has to deal with them because every single of them could be a future security risk. No matter what these troops are probably no longer considered to be combat assets anymore. Losing 25.000 soldiers in one or another way even if it is just for a few weeks or months has a big impact, not only on combat readiness on the frontline but also to the morale of the other troops.

I think the psychological effects are more severe than the infigthing itself. This war shows how vulnerable Russia is. It started already last year with the protests in Degestan... then this year when two rebellious groups attacked Belgorod region (without much restistence)... and now Wagner which is a significant force in Russias army.

The Russian Federation (its not a Federation) is a very fragile construct mostly kept together by force and fear.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Now I'm even more curious how it will continue (and here I mean ongoings at Russian home front), it's like watching multidimensional chess match which have visible just outer layer. I really have no idea how can further coexist Prigozhin with Shojgu and Gerasimov which got from him a strong slap into face.

• a soap opera

the acting is bad but you really cant stop watching ;)

Important is to remember that this was not a coup. It was a special military disagreement.

The way it concluded (for now) is strange.

Both sides appear weak now. Making a deal undermines Prigozhins intention and lets him look like a coward now. Putin on the other side lost the strong man image who does not negotiate. All of them look weak now. Going to be interesting "elections" next year.

Dunno what the deal really looks like... but Prigozhin should probably avoid drinking tea or large buildings with windows in future.

That the criminal case against Prigozhin was dropped clearly shows that laws are meaningless in Russia. Thumb up, thumb down, the emperor has spoken.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!