Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content

There are 275 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Aldenmar Odin.

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the textures are way better, i like it. :)

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• time to update you with some info

Since I had to work over Xmas I couldnt really spend much time working on CF.

There was some work done but it mostly was insignificant (at least on my end).

This is pretty much symptomatic for the past 2 years where pretty much everything I planned failed due to time issues (rl work situation + other stuff).

It is almost impossible for me to plan anything currently. No such play survives longer than 24 hours. e.g. I had to spend late christmas eve + 25th fixing one of my websites because oh joy it was hacked and used for dubious shit in the meantime (you know... the stuff you do over xmas).

Ill delay the restart in to CF modding work by 1-2 weeks because of other stuff that needs my attention now.

Most important tasks during that time will be to reset the clan system rent for 2022 and after that there are about 2000 emails that returned after sending the mod of the year newsletter. I need to go through all of them and exclude the accounts which belong to them from the mailing lists before the server host blocks the mail service entirely.

When that is done I need to think about a better way of organizing CF modding stuff because I am actually a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff that needs to be done.

When I am totally honest... I somehow need to change something or I am burning out.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Dear OP, you don’t need to apologize to us every time, everyone here knows that you are very busy, but you still don’t give up your "brainchild". And therefore we are all grateful to you for this Mod.

As the saying goes: Everything has its own Time! In small steps you will do everything that you have conceived in the development of Fashion !!! :salutes8)

• well, yeah... i still think I have to

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• When I am totally honest... I somehow need to change something or I am burning out.

Somehow I have feeling that this is coming to be a very common state for people around whole World and that f*** covid is playing a big role in it. I personally stopped with some things, started with doing more sport (which I did not for years) and then doing at least shortly things which just please me.

• The clan system rent system has been reset for 2022 and pending orders were approved today.

There are clan systems that nobody paid for in months. I will ignore this fact for now but will remove the clan stations when the next big update is done.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I agree with your deadlines, you are probably very right. In my little empathy, I would ask that bit old asscheeks tattooed with "CF played with me" from your signature , if she is agrees with you .. i think she knows for sure if the "supporters" must still visit her or she must be more attractive than "others".

• ok, I will be back working on CF by next week.

Had to take a little longer break due to a painful eye infection that made it a bit unfomfortable staring at the screen for hours.

It's not good yet but good enough to slowly getting back to work.

There are a few tech difficulties Id like to sort out with the new 3d models but I need some help with that from someone with a bit more expertise.

Since some recent feedback was about launcher stuff and what to display there I think it is good to set this current priority next.

It's on the todo list already but has not been taken care of.

Also some further improvements of the shaders was requested.... I will take a look at that topic too.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I had a thought the other night as a future suggestion for blackstar update what about a new train that has more cargo space than the soulforge but is harder to get then the soulfoege as you would have to travel to the new sector to get it ?

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• that would be an option

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• also could we have a little Ukraine sector and you would have to travel through a worm hole through the coalition sector maybe in yakutsk and maybe there LF/HF/VHF could look like a MiG/SU jet line up (have su 24 or su 25 as bomber With Ghost of Kiev on the wings ;) just come to me 😆 the ghost of Kyiv is a MiG 29 so there our VHF The Su 27 could be either VHF Or HF there is also the MiG 27 which it's wings do fold in (really cool)

Edited 2 times, last by (IOC)Son of Angmar: Been looking at jets on Internet and coming back so I can help if possible in any way even though I'm useless with modding lol and hopefully we can pay our respects to Ukraine in our own way ;) ().

• also maybe a server side XP System that you would have a rank and you would gain XP Per Kill and you would need to rank up to buy the weapons and ships from them maybe like a MK I MK II AND MKIII For the highest rank so the vhfs from the little Ukraine sector if added your ship would get better as it goes through MK I MkII Mk III so you could have 3 VHFS SU 27 MiG 27 and MiG 29 and there would be 3 variants of each so they would get maybe more armour in the next MK.. Or weapon slots or faster at turning or even just stronger faster engines than the normal cruise speed when you get the MK 3 OF Them and when you get the the mk 3 of the mig 29 it would have a special name Like The Ghost of Kyiv and in description it would say Mig-29 MK III I think I'm getting abit ahead of myself here but I come up with ideas then forgot them lol terrible memory

And could they have ballistic weapons like there guns

• Hello modders

first, thank you that you still work on this nice pearl of an good game and try so hard to make it bigger and better.

but now to my important point. is there a chance that single player part would get an option that allows to play it on old freelancer rules or doubles at last the time these npcs regenarate their shields? with my 62 years my reactiontime is a bit rusty to really enjoy it like i still do the original game. i have to use the god mode difficulty more than the easy difficulty because of my age and slower reaction i dy almost on evry job i try to do. and with using godmode its not really enjoyable as a battle if you cant dy expect you fly into a planet on purpose

would be nice if there would come something like that in the future because i dont get younger and i would like to play crossfire a bit longer.

Edited 2 times, last by Enryces: post can be deleted. some community members did make me think that old people just dont deserve a chance too to enjoy singleplayer. because of that i will jaust delete that mod that and leave that people behind that cant understand that there exist old people with slow reactions that still want enjoy this mod on single player but cant anymore because the body dosnt allow it anymore. still thanks to the peple that work on this mod. my grandson has great fun with it. ().

• I agree with this request, my problem is being 82 and slow reflex. Those who have comments about us old guys , I say, Just stick around, someday you will understand.

Now back to my problem, I can't beat Hovis, no problem several years ago. Any suggestion will be appreciated. i want to go further into game but "thanks to Hovis and slow reflexes, I'm stuck...

• what about the others which like it the way it is?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I agree with this request, my problem is being 82 and slow reflex. Those who have comments about us old guys , I say, Just stick around, someday you will understand.

Now back to my problem, I can't beat Hovis, no problem several years ago. Any suggestion will be appreciated. i want to go further into game but "thanks to Hovis and slow reflexes, I'm stuck...

... watch how I use engines. There is one moment when you can pause cruise with pressing reverse thrust key (cruise stops and immediatelly start when is reverse key released). This race is not about reflexes, it is about knowledge how to fly your ship properly in Crossfire mod. You can also use strafying (up, down, left right) which can significantly improve maneuverability of your ship (applies to freighters too).

• if my memory serves me right I reduced the ship speed on the race track specifically back to vanilla values somewhen last year

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,