Master of Orion

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Blake00.

• Anybody else have any experience with MOO?(No not the animal that goes moo)

Currently playing the 2016 MOO and find it a hell of a lot more better then MOO3, although my personal favourite is MOO2

Also, what’s a decent race to use? I personally enjoy Psilon for late game but they seem to get wiped out pretty easy early to mid game

Never Fear! Lucifer is here!
    |DP|Lucifer, the ultimate engine of destruction is at your in-game disposal for a small fee of credits!
    whether it is to sniff out a dodgy cop, to track smuggler's, or even to destroy a pirate or freelance Mercenary

The choice is in your hands!
    Contact |DP|Lucifer in-game for any help related to above
    The charges may vary with his mind, but it will be no doubt a small fee for our troubles.

Contact him today!

:tot:

• I played mainly MOO2 which was great game (played it numerous times) ... I always used custom race :)

• I still haven't played the newer big budget Master of Orion.. got it on steam though.. All the complaints put me off rushing to play it haha... will play it one day. Good to see some people are enjoying it.

I'm one of those weird people who likes MOO3 haha.. although with fan mods (there's some great ones out there). Without the mods its too buggy.

But yeah nothing beats MOO2 though.

Speaking of which I've recently found this love letter to Master of Orion 2! Has anyone here tried Interstellar Space Genesis? If so was it good? Was it stable? Apparently the indie team behind it consists of only 2 people haha! It looks pretty awesome so am thinking about trying it out now that it's finally on sale (it's normally pretty pricey lol).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/984680/interstellar_space_genesis/

This guy has a done a nice gameplay vid of a recent release which making me think about hitting the button on it!:

ss_d3f9ca5c161553be8a3dc4bb8c536ce90a8eac61.jpg

ss_809a0b0975a449bd769b849d30cd4be426e66e4d.jpg

If people miss Master of Orion 1's style of play there's also another game currently being made called Dominus Galaxia that's pretty much a love letter to MOO1 but with some cool modern ideas.. infinite techs.. dynamic AI.. wormhole/starlane game or not.. super customizable UI & gameplay. What's even cooler is that he's released a very playable build (not just a demo) of the game for free on his kickstarter (which thankfully was a success). Do you like free stuff? I like free stuff! :P

https://starchart-interactive.itch.io/dominus-galaxia

This guy has a done a nice gameplay vid of the early release:

c2v%2BbJ.png

nDAknI.png

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer , Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games

• Those look super nice to play, but nothing beats the original for me

I’ve been trying to find games like it on iOS, but as usual, iOS is fairly limited

Never Fear! Lucifer is here!
    |DP|Lucifer, the ultimate engine of destruction is at your in-game disposal for a small fee of credits!
    whether it is to sniff out a dodgy cop, to track smuggler's, or even to destroy a pirate or freelance Mercenary

The choice is in your hands!
    Contact |DP|Lucifer in-game for any help related to above
    The charges may vary with his mind, but it will be no doubt a small fee for our troubles.

Contact him today!

:tot:

• Yeah in the end time was running out on the ISG steam sale and the general response I was getting in most places I asked was either silence or 'never heard of it so I don't know if it's good' haha.. However after watching that let's play series I posted above that sold it for me and I hit the button lol!

As expected it’s graphics aren’t exactly revolutionary lol but damn is it addictive and fun to play. Last few days I've barely eaten, slept, worked.. it’s all gone to hell haha!! There's room for improvement though so I've been posting lots of feedback on the steam forum as the devs actually read your comments and respond which is a rarity these days haha!

BGx3xEC.gif
    Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
    - Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer , Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games