Posts by Blake00

Here's another 2 new dev diaries from my big Civilization 2 Red Alert 2 scenario. :)

In this fourth dev diary we hit our stride and finish off all building types - big ones, little ones, and the biiiig difficult 3x3 super skyscrapers!

RA2 Dev Diary 04 - Final Super Buildings in the Civilization 2 - Red Alert 2 Scenario

Dev Diary 04 - Final Super Buildings in the Civilization 2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario news - Mod DB

In the fifth dev diary we finally finished all city buildings and base buildings allowing us to finalise the design of the map.

RA2 Dev Diary 05 – Finishing Bases & the Map for the Civilization 2 – Red Alert 2 Scenario

Dev Diary 05 - Finishing Bases & the Map for the Civilization 2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario news - Mod DB

Well here we are 3 years on and unfortunately there hasn't been another attempt at a Starflight 3 game crowdfund or a new demo. However recently the first ever Starflight Anthology book was released and to celebrate that occasion something really cool happened! I run the Starflight fan communities so as a 'thanks' I got invited to take part in a group video podcast interviewing non other than Starflight lead dev and creator Greg Johnson himself!

I was a nervous wreck as I don't normally do live stuff, and I think I was the only non-American on there so people were probably wondering what I was saying half the time lol, plus on top of that my giant 46" screen was glaring on my face making me look like a bloody ghost haha.. but in the end I had a blast as it was so cool to talk to one of the creators of a game I played so much as a kid, not to mention getting thanked by him for my Starflight community work! Greg was a super nice and humble guy and he told so many great stories about creating Starflight, and his very popular ToeJam & Earl console games, along with his consultation work on the Star Control games and Spore which many of us didn't know about! He even discussed the possibility of a Starflight and Star Control crossover game which would be pretty crazy! And sure enough he confirmed that the original Starflight games were heavily influenced by Star Trek heh.

He also confirmed that the dream of Starflight 3 is not dead and that just a week ago he was on the phone with someone trying to secure funding for it. He talked about his dreams of what the sequel could be and he showed openness to trying another crowdfund campaign. We did our best to assure him that the Starflight fan community is in a WAY better state then it was back in 2018 when they last tried the crowdfund as back then all the big old Starflight forums were gone and there was only around 100 people in my 'new' Starflight Fans Facebook group so there was just no one to friggin tell about it! That's up around 400ish members now, plus I've since created a Starflight Fans Reddit group which is closing on 100 now, and best of all there's the Official Starflight 3 Discord I help out on as a moderator which is now up to a massive 800ish members, so that's over a 1000 starflight fans that weren't around in 2018 so we're getting there! The games sold millions of copies back in the day so there's certainly still plenty of long lost Starflight fans out there though! If there's any Starflight old timers lurking around here I hope you come join the gang! :)

Anyway, here's the video podcast if anyone is interested. I posted a comment on youtube with timestamps of interesting topics should people wish to skip to stuff that interests them...

There was more I wanted to say on there but yeah.. obviously the podcast wasn't about me haha.. but I got to say most of what I wanted. Really the only big thing I didn't get to say on the podcast was that I'm excited to read the new Starflight - Tales From The Starport Lounge anthology book (I've ordered it from Amazon but it hasn't arrived yet as it's probably on a slow ship heading for Australia lol!). I'm not a huge book person but I just had to get this as like I said earlier in the stream video it's amazing how playing a game and reading a book about an adventure set in that same game universe really enhances the experience. The game makes you love the book more and helps your imagination visualize the aliens and places they'll go to in the book. While vice versa the book makes you love the game more as it adds so much depth to the game universe and makes you crave going on your own adventures similar to the ones these new characters your reading about are going on. They both really buff and lift up each other to a whole new level forming this equilibrium of awesomeness haha! I had that experience with the Starflight manual short stories as a kid, and I had it in the years since with other games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Witcher, and the X Universe series space games that all have novels or short stories set in the same universe. So hopefully I'll like the new book and get to have that experience again with Starflight! Once thing's for sure, I already know I like the cover haha!

I guess it's time to finally show my Red Alert project I've been mentioning! All the skills I've learned making the Heroes of Might & Magic and Command & Conquer scenarios above is now being put into the hardest scenario I have ever attempted! A Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario where you'll be battling it out in city streets between huge sky scrapers.. and yes I know I'm crazy as that's totally something the Civ2 engine wasn't built for hahaha!

No new HoMM2 scenario dev diaries atm but there will be one soon as I'm about to do final testing.

Here are the first 3 dev diaries on the Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario. Disclaimer - Hopefully the final product will be waaaaay better than all these WIP test shots but I gotta start somewhere haha.

In this first dev diary we look at experimenting with Civ2's terrain limits & using some sneaky tricks to begin creating a Red Alert 2 style city map with Liberty island, bridges and buildings.

RA2 Dev Diary 01 - Liberty Island, Bridges & Buildings in the Civilization 2 - Red Alert 2 Scenario

Dev Diary 01 - Liberty Island, Bridges & Buildings in the Civilization 2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario news - Mod DB

In the second dev diary we look at adding bigger buildings, Command centers with walls, and lots of other nice decoration trying to push Civ2's terrain limits.

RA2 Dev Diary 02 - Bigger Buildings & More Decoration in the Civilization 2 - Red Alert 2 Scenario

Dev Diary 02 - Bigger Buildings & More Decoration in the Civilization 2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario news - Mod DB

In the third dev diary we look at adding special fun buildings like the McBurger Kong and Petrol Station, while overhauling all previously made small buildings to much better quality.

RA2 Dev Diary 03 - McBurger Kong & Better Quality Buildings in the Civilization 2 - Red Alert 2 Scenario

Dev Diary 03 - McBurger Kong & Better Quality Buildings in the Civ2 - C&C Red Alert 2 Scenario news - Mod DB

Hey guys,

Big update as it's been a while! I've been busy doing lots of searching and tracking down long lost mods & scenarios to rescue and upload. I've also added some new search categories of interest to me and made some big changes to existing ones...

- Merged C&C and Red Alert together to save space.

- Merged Doom with Fallout & Mad Max under a new main Apocalypse category to save space & also added new Terminator, Judge Dredd, Zombies, & After WW3 to the Apocalypse category too.

- Added a new Starcraft category and combined it with the existing Warcraft one to save space

- Added a new Lunar/Moon category to the existing Mars Colonization one.

- Added a new Final Fantasy category

- Added a new Civ Crossover category (Mods that make a Civ game look like another Civ game) as I've been finding some good stuff for these and wonder if there's more out there!

Regarding that rescue work keeping me busy I recently started a huge new scenario catalog & rescue project creating proper download pages at CivFanatics (even rescuing lost scenarios that are not part of this search cause I'm nice like that lol), as well as extra scenario download mirror pages on ModDB and Internet Archive Library to ensure they don't get lost again as both those sites are long living & offer free hosting. At the moment I'm setting up Civ2 scenario libraries on these other sites but I look forward to setting up these library file mirrors for other Civ game scenarios in the future. Uploading to these sites is not hard (I've written guides over in my CivFanatics project thread) so hopefully others in the Civ community eventually follow my example and add to all these collections in the future to ensure all these great old pieces of work live on!

List updates...

Civ2:

- Added FrankJohnson's Final Fantasy II/IV modpack to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added Jomb's Final Fantasy NES Civ scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added honourable mention of the Final Fantasy III/VI scenario to the list which has no custom graphics but is the only surviving FF Civ2 scenario!

- Added Jeelen's Master of Orion Jr Remake 4 scenario, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added MichaelDMcCart's Judge Dredd - I am the LAW modpack to the list (Apocalypse), & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added ParVahadar's Fallout for Civilization scenario to the list (Apocalypse), however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added honourable mention of Skulb's Fallout City Background graphic to the list (Apocalypse), which would go great with a Fallout scenario if we can find one!

- Added JBG's Colonisation of the Moon scenario to the list.

- Added JohnMavin's Alpha Centauri scenario to the list, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added honourable mention of JohnValdez & AndrewLivings's SMAC Project scenario to the list which sadly appears abandoned (Blake is considering fixing up).

- Added Aland007's Starcraft: Terran War scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added N.Chautru's Dune - Pour L'epice! scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added IsaacAshdown's The Battle for Arrakis scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added JamesDahl's Sands of Dune scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added DavidGreenfield's CivDune scenario to the list, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added Skulb's Star Trek 2018 modpack to the list.

- Added NikolaKuprešanin's Star Contact Part I: The Star Wars scenario to the list, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added Markus Schegel's The Battle of Endor scenario, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added PaulCaldwell's Star Wars scenario modpack, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added Ambra's Star Wars scenario, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added TomChoinski's CivSpace (Star Trek, Star Wars & more crossover) modpack, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added FredericMeunie's MoonLand modpack, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added DirkWeber's ST Mission on Vesta scenario, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added C&C2 Red Alert scenario, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added Wonx2150's Command & Conquer scenario to the list, which Blake is remastering.

- Added Blake's Demaster of JohnValdez's Civ1 modpack to the list (Crossover).

- Added KasiusKlej's Civ1 modpack (uses some of Blake & John's work) to the list (Crossover).

- Added Blake's Remaster of VWPsycho1984's ToT Graphics modpack to the list (Crossover) which is in progress.

- Added CarlosDiaz's Alpha Centauri modpack to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added Blackclove's Dawn/Day of the Dead scenario to the list (Apocalypse), however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added StLeo's Star Trek 7of9 (Voyager) scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added Jeelen's Star Trek Voyager scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added the German Babylon 5 scenario to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

Civ2ToT:

- Added Kestrel's Extended Original Game 4-Worlds modpack to the list (Alpha C), & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added Kestrel's Escape From Sol scenario to the list (Mars/Moon, Alpha C), & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added Kestrel's Unit-Mania Addon 4 World scenario to the list (Alpha C), & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added honourable mention of Dadais's TES The Stormcloak Rebellion scenario to the list (Elder Scrolls) which is unfinished. He's also made a Skyrim Map!

- Added honourable mention of CatFish's Starcraft scenario which sadly appears abandoned.

Civ3:

- Added the AMAZING Vuldacon's Escape From Zombie Island 2 Elite scenario to the list (Apocalypse).

- Added Hunterkiller's Mars: Alien Invasion scenario to the list.

- Added Magus77's Final Fantasy 7 mod to the list, & have uploaded its missing file to CFC.

- Added DJBonebraker's Final Fantasy mod to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added Matrix's Civ1 Terrain modpack to the list (Crossover), however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added Sims2789's Civ1 Units modpack to the list (Crossover).

- Added honourable mention of Theov's Civ1 Clone modpack to the list (Crossover) which is in progress.

- Added honourable mention of Xiaoxiaoa's Red Alert 2 mod to the list which sadly appears abandoned.

Civ4:

- Added Star Wars Final Frontier Plus mod to the list.

- Added honourable mention of Dumanios's Star Wars modpack that LouisTheXIV told me about to the list which is unfinished.

- Added mention of the Official Firaxis Afterworld BTS scenario that LouisTheXIV told me about to the list (Apocalypse).

- Added the Master of Mana Modpack (built from FFH) to the list (MoM).

- Added the Ashes of Erebus Modpack (built from FFH) to the list (MoM).

- Added the Fall from Heaven Modpack to the list (MoM).

- Added Monaldinio's Conflict on Chiron Modpack (built from Planetfall) to the list (Alpha C).

- Added agentsmith952's Final Fantasy Tactics mod to the list, however its CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know!

- Added JBG's The Song of the Moon scenario to the list.

- Added Flobi's Civ1 Terrain modpack to the list (Crossover), and have also managed to obtain its missing download file (thanks GeneralKillCavalry) and preserve it on CFC.

Civ5:

- Added mention of the Official Firaxis Conquest of the New World Deluxe scenario that Pfeffersack told me about to the list (Colonization).

- Added the 5 mod combo (FramedArchitecture's AlphaC Civilizations, AlphaC Policies, AlphaC Maps + HandyVac's Centauri City States + Arbogli's Beyond the Future) that creates an Alpha Centauri experience that Beetle told me about to the list.

- Added MrCookie's Eorzea - Final Fantasy 14 scenario to the list.

- Added honourable mention of MSW2010's Final Fantasy 2 map to the list.

FreeCiv:

- Added ComradeOleg's Civilization 2 modpack for FreeCiv to the list (Crossover).

AlphaC:

- Missing download for GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario has been rescued by Geo himself! Thanks to Darsnan for fixing the link.

FreeMars:

- Added mention of the really cool Civ/Col/AlphaC hybrid FreeMars Project game that's not finished but quite playable.

Looks like X4 Cradle of Humanity is out now. I can't run the game on my old rig so I'm drooling over all the videos appearing online instead lol. As usual it was pretty buggy on release but it sounds like most of the issues have been fixed already.

Planet terraforming looks cool:

New launch trailer:

I've always loved the soundtracks to past X games and still hum many of the songs after all these years lol.. the new one sounds amazing:

After months working on the huge Heroes of Might & Magic 2 Civ2 scenario I decided to turn my attention over to one of my other favourite franchises for some more fun Civ2 scenarios, the Command & Conquer and Red Alert universe! I started coming up with some pretty crazy ideas for huge Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenario where you’ll be battling it out in city streets between huge sky scrapers however despite learning a lot from working on the HoMM2 scenario I wasn’t quite game enough to start that just yet. I’d also been thinking about a dark and moody scenario set in the C&C Tiberium universe and noticed that a fellow named Wonx2150 had already made a scenario in that universe but just hadn’t really done any proper graphics for it so I decided to take the easier route and remaster his scenario first to build up more experience before taking on the big Red Alert 2 scenario.

I created a ModDB page for the C&C project and have made a few dev diaries covering stages of development similar to the HoMM2 mod ones. Stay tuned for dev diaries for the Red Alert 2 scenario here in the future too!

In this first dev diary I look at changing Civ2’s terrain and cities to look like C&C2 as well as importing some cool new units.

C&C Dev Diary 01 - New terrain & units for the Civilization 2 - Command & Conquer Scenario

Dev Diary 01 - New terrain & units for the Civilization 2 - Command & Conquer Scenario news - Mod DB

In the second dev diary I ask for some fan input and finish off importing all the new C&C unit graphics.

C&C Dev Diary 02 – Finishing all terrain & units for the Civilization 2 – Command & Conquer Scenario:

Dev Diary 02 - Finishing all terrain & units for the Civilization 2 - Command & Conquer Scenario news - Mod DB

To finish catching up here's the next 3 Civilization 2 - Heroes of Might & Magic 2 mod dev diaries made over the last few months...

In the fourth dev diary we look at changing Civ2’s throne room with a HoMM2 castle jigsaw while completely replacing the title screen plus intro, diplomacy herald and wonder videos with cool HoMM2 content.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 04 – New Throne Room, Intro, Dip & Wonder Videos For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:

DevDiary04 - New Throne Room, Intro, Dip & Wonder Videos For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod news - Mod DB

In the fifth dev diary we look at adding new HoMM2 themed victory and death sequences plus custom city screen backgrounds.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 05 – Creating Victory/Death & City Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:

Dev Diary 05 - Creating Victory/Death & City Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod news - Mod DB

In the sixth dev diary we answer fan demands to show units while also showing off all city buildings and some small touch-ups to the city sky view.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 06 – Heroes, Units & City Buildings In The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:

Dev Diary 06 - Heroes, Units & City Buildings In The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod news - Mod DB

Ooooh just heard about another MOO like project called Alliance of the Sacred Suns (that seems to have been doing public betas for years under the name Imperia5x) when I saw it's kickstarter campaign. Looks like an interesting attempt at being different from regular Master of Orion like 4x space strategy games by focusing more on you the emperor.. feels kinda of like a 'Dune - Padishah Emperor simulator' managing those pesky greedy disobedient houses haha! Planetary management looks interesting, those separated regional environments and developments remind me of MOO3. A simple thing but I also love how the planets moons just swing past the camera while you're managing the world. Haven't seen any space battle footage so I dunno how that's managed. It's kickstarter period is over half way through but it's not even at half funded which is a bit worrying. It's been worked on for many years and seems so far along so hopefully the project would survive a KS failure.

Hey guys! While I usually post about other peoples mods and indie projects etc that interest me, I figured I'd start a thread about the retro stuff I'm working on these days if it's of interest to anyone...

Back in the 90s I used to muck around with Doom 2 and Civilization 2 modding but never finished any of my projects. Well in recent years I've been getting back into it (call it can early midlife crisis lol) and released a GZDoom enhanced version of my old Star Trek Doom level and also a new Quest for Glory IV - 3D Hexen mod too. Much to my surprise both got a lot of media attention with the QFG4-3D one in particular getting coverage on Rock Paper Shotgun and in PC Gamer Magazine which was awesome. The great response inspired me to also get back into my old Civilization 2 editing as well (also 20 years too late lol).

Screenshot23.2.png Screenshot03.1.png GScreenshot01.png GScreenshot07.png

So over the last year or so I've been playing a lot of classic Civilization series and related games (eg Civ1,2,3, Colonization, Master of Magic, Alpha Centauri, Call To Power etc) and I returned to working on my 20 year old Star Wars Civ 2 scenario and also started a bunch of new projects with some other talented Civ2 modders.

Figured I may as well post about my projects in a thread here for passers by to either enjoy or ignore the nostalgia lol. I'll start with my Civilization 2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 scenario I'm working with someone else as this really helped me get back into Civ2 modding as the guy helping me taught me a lot of new tricks! My Star Wars, C&C, Red Alert and Master of Magic scenarios will come later!

This project is a total conversion Heroes of Might & Magic 2 scenario for the Multiplayer Gold Edition (MGE) of Sid Meier's Civilization II created by myself and MetroPolis. It was Inspired by Tom2050's amazing HoMM3 mod for Civ3 the goal is to create the most HoMM2 like experience within the limitations of the old Civ2 engine.

In the first dev diary we look at importing HoMM2 castle/city graphics into Civ2.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 01 - Creating Cities For The Civilization 2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:

Dev Diary 01 - Creating Cities For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod news - Mod DB

Temp6.png

In this second dev diary we look at ‘HoMMafying’ all those Civ 2 advisor, city and event screens.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 02 - Creating Nice Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:

Dev Diary 02 - Creating Nice Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod news - Mod DB

upload_2019-8-10_21-5-5.png

In the third dev diary we look at changing Civ2’s leader portraits used for diplomacy with HoMM2 heroes and make a bold attempt at replacing Civ2’s original wonder videos.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 03 - Creating Custom Leaders & Wonder Vids For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:

Dev Diary 03 - Creating Custom Leaders & Wonder Vids For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod news - Mod DB

Image10.png

Big update as I widened my search to get help from more communities out there and had some AWESOME responses from people so many thanks to everyone who's contacted me publicly and privately! I'm also starting to look more at newer Civilization games (4-6) and finding some good stuff. Someone pointed out that I should include a The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc) section and gave me several Civ scenarios for it I'd never heard of! I'm a huge TES fan so how could I say no! People also gave me some Warcraft scenarios so yup, we've got a new Warcraft section on the list too, hell maybe I should look at Starcraft while I'm at it too lol!

Note: Project links over in original CivFinatics thread (link in top post) as for some strange reason most forums don't like people coming in and posting 100s of offsite links lol. ;)

List updates...

Civ2:

- Have added PaulHeron's Babylon 5 Modpack scenario to the list.

- Have added AltF18's Azeroth (Warcraft) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added EvilKnevil's Dune: The Battle for Arrakis scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added NathanDawson's Battle For Adoij (Star Wars) scenario that axx told me about to the list (I actually already host it myself on my Star Wars scenario ModDB page but forgot lol!).

- Have added MarkusEklund's Death Star Attack (Star Wars) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added JoshAdams's The Battle of Endor (Star Wars) scenario to the list.

- Have added JaredKoger's Dominion (Star Trek) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added DirkWeber's ID4 The day of the Borg (Star Trek) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added Academia's The Age of Númenor (LOTR) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added CarlFritz's Darklord (LOTR) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added GabrieleQuaglia's Angmar - War in Arnor (LOTR) scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added JoséMartinez's Señor de los Anillos (LOTR) scenario that ETTiNGRiNDER told me about to the list.

- Have added Shelly's The Martian Scenario scenario that axx told me about to the list.

- Have added John Ellis's Colonies III - The Struggle for Empire scenario to the list.

Civ4:

- Have added the Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack (built from FR) that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.

- Have added the Fury Road (Mad Max) Modpack that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.

- Have managed to obtain Dale's Age of Discovery scenario missing download file (thanks Dale & Solver at WePlayCiv) and preserve it on CFC.

- Modied existing mention of Firaxis Civ4 Colonization game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in Colonization section (see below).

Civ4Col:

- Have added the We The People Modpack (built from R&R) to the list.

- Have added the Religion And Revolution Modpack (built from TAC) to the list.

- Have added the The Authentic Colonization Modpack to the list.

- Have added the Colonization: 2071 Modpack to the list (in SMAC & Alien Col section).

Civ5:

- Have added The Elder Scrolls BNW Modpack that Gez told me about to the list.

- Have added Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri Modpack that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!

- Have added mention of Firaxis Civ Beyond Earth game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in SMAC section (see below).

CivBE:

- Have added the Beyond Centauri (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.

- Have added The Unity Project (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.

Civ6:

- Have added The Elder Scrolls Modpack that Gez told me about to the list.

- Have added the A Civ of Ice and Fire (GoT) Modpack that Damien told me about to the list.

FreeCiv:

- Have added Azeroth scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

- Have added Mars Terraformed scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

- Have added The Americas scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

- Have added Caribbean Colonization 1634 scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

AlphaC:

- Have added GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!

- Have added mention of the SMAC repository that Darsnan told me about in the SMAC like scenarios (even though I'm technically looking for SMAC themed Civ scenarios) section too.

Forgot to post about this here.. we've got a new addon on the way! The Terran's are back!

I'm kind of surprised that Egosoft didn't do a Boron expansion (using fan suggestions on how to achieve their look and mobility in non-liquid environments) and then put in a bit of a cliffhanger story ending with a Terran tease, so you could then save the Terrans for a big stand alone game with a new story like they did back in the day with Terran Conflict (same engine but separate to X3 with a sexy cliffhanger to bridge the games). Reckon they would have made more money in the long run IMO even if some fans would have hated having to buy a new game again though of course haha.

Also I was drooling over this video below the other day. The 'Pilot' youtube guy did very sexy video on the Split Raptor supercarrier haha.. my god when the sun reflects off it like that... drools. And those dark red C&C NOD like interiors.. oh baby lol. Can almost see why all those crazy people bought gorgeous super expensive ships in Star Citizen lol!.. almost. ;)

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

Hey guys :)

I’m on the Hunt for big Civilization game series total conversion mods & scenarios with a particular focus on Civ2 & Civ3 (but am now expanding to Civ4, 5, 6 & spinoffs) relating to a whole bunch of my favourite fantasy & scifi movie/TV/gaming franchises (of course there's no bloody trace of any Freelancer related Civ mods sadly). Been posting in a few different Civ forums and getting great feedback, plus whenever someone has told me about an awesome scenario that’s disappeared over the years I’ve managed to track it down and bring it back from the dead to CivFanatics/ModDB/InternetArchive hosting, so helping me has helped the community. Hell in some rare cases I’ve even filled a gap by making the scenario myself haha!

Anyway I figured it was finally time to hit some of the other communities out there for help too (since fans of Civ and these franchises are everywhere haha). Many have already been found so make sure you check my list in the link below BEFORE making suggestions to save yourself time & effort lol!

Link:

Scenario Hunt (Mars, AlphaC, C&C, RA, Dune, MoM, Col, MoO, Doom, B5, STrek, SWars, SGate, HoMM) | CivFanatics Forums

At this stage I'm looking for Civ scenarios relating to...

- Mars / Lunar Colonization

- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (& other alien world colonization)

- Command & Conquer / Red Alert

- Dune / Arrakis

- Master of Magic

- Sid Meier's Colonization

- Master of Orion

- Heroes of Might & Magic

- Babylon 5

- Star Trek

- Star Wars

- Stargate

- Apocalypse (After WW3 / Fallout / Mad Max / Judge Dredd / Doom / Terminator / Zombies)

- Lord of the Rings

- Game of Thrones

- The Elder Scrolls

- Warcraft / Starcraft

- Final Fantasy

- Civilization Crossover Mods (Make a Civ game look like another Civ game)

If you're unable to help then that's fine, as maybe my list will still help you find something cool! :)

This guy has done a good review of the Everspace 2 closed beta currently happening. I like how he constantly compares to Freelancer instead of other games haha. He mentioned planet surface stuff but yeah who knows if its gonna be like Freelancer.

yeah I never play anything on first release these days.. mostly becuase my computer wouldn't run todays games anyway so I'm forced to be patient haha. Too busy with retro gaming lol.

It also fails to inspire the next generation of scientists and intellectuals as well, as the previous one did.

Great post, and your last line here makes a very important point. Star Trek of old inspired so many people. Who the hell is gonna be inspired to be a scientist, astronaut, engineer, or to at least try to make the word a better place or support those that do after watching Picard lol?

Martind Forlon those shots are gorgeous. I have 'new MoO' on steam but have yet to try it out as I know it won't be so good on my old comp so it's on hold until I get a new one. I saw some of the bad feedback it got so it pleases me greatly to hear fans are modding it into something great. Fan mods turned MoO3 from something bad into something I quite enjoy so it's good to see talented and passionate fans delivering again.