Members country

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I stumbled over the following video and thought that it might be a nice idea if members of this community show a bit of their country.

And with this vid Im going to make a start...

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello,

I think my home country (Russia) is better represented by its nature rather than human settlements.

Here you can see some truly amazing places:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/category:winners_of_wiki_loves_earth_in_russia_by_year

Also I can recommend shortlisted images from 2017 and 2018:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/category:shortlisted_images_of_wiki_loves_earth_2017_in_russia

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/category:shortlisted_images_of_wiki_loves_earth_2018_in_russia

By the way, there are similar collections from many other countries over the world:

Participating countries – Wiki Loves Earth

• (IOC)Wanderer

Changed the title of the thread from “Members county” to “Members country”.
  • Well, this inspired me to dig up some of the photos I've taken. I'm not good at photography and don't usually take photos very often, so there isn't many.

So, here it goes.

20140811_164449.jpg

Approaching Slyudyanka, southern shore of Lake Baikal. I took this photo on my way to my birthplace village.

20140813_161832.jpg

On the way back (by train, you can see the tracks)

20180816_112222.jpg

Irkut River. I took this photo during one of my bicycle rides.

20191223_110449.jpg

The look from one of the windows of ISTP. Yes, this is within the town, I think it's a part of Irkutsk Bothany Garden. Also this one is recent.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• whats that white stuff?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• On the last picture? It's snow.

Let me guess...

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• yep

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Town Hall Castrop Rauxel

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• Well... I consider myself both bulgarian and greek (origin), but since I was born and raised in Bulgaria, you know which country I am going to present.

Long story short, we have around 1300-1500 of official history, our exact origin in unknown... according to historians and researchers, we come from the area of nowaday Afganistan or Iran, but who knows... there used to be a great country there known as "Bactria" that some researchers think it was our very first state (before Old Great Bulgaria), but again... who knows. The origin of the name "Bulgaria", the right way to pronounce it is bulgAriya (България) and NOT bulgEria, that name comes from the root word "Bulgar / Българ" which means "Strength" because we were a warrior nation. It was ruled by the Khans (short for the title - Khanasubigi), which later on was changed to Tsar (yes, it's a bulgarian title, not russian) that came from Caesar -> Emperor. The word for 'king' in our language is "Крал / Kral".

I am not going to bore you, so I am trying to keep this short. When we came to the Balkans, our anatogonist was the Roman Empire (Byzantine Empire - Easter Roman Empire), we were their chief enemy. They recognized us as a state and were forced to pay us an annual tribute, can you imagine The Empire recognizing a state let alone paying them an annual tribute? -> The people in the past were more afraid of us than the Romans, one example is the Battle for Constantinople in 717 when the Islam Caliphate was on a conquest to conquer Europe but was stopped by the Bulgarian Empire and the Byzantines by sea. The romans were calling for our help to repel them, so we answered the call and we slayed them at land, the romans at sea with the famous Greek Fire.

Anywho... I am going to post you a YouTube channel that you can enjoy in case you're interested:

Medieval Glory playlist (Keeps getting updated) -> Not to worry, it has english subtitles, feel free to enable them in the menu

The Military Miracles of Bulgaria playlist (Recent history) -> Not to worry, it has english subtitles, feel free to enable them in the menu

Even famous YouTube channels started making videos on us:

Even an american started a Podcast about our history that you can find in here:
    The Bulgarian History Podcast

We have SO many places for you to visit, you can browse some of them here:
    Опознай.bg - Пътеводителят на България
    Опознай.bg (@opoznai_bg) • Instagram photos and videos

Opoznai means (Get to know) and the way that it ends in a bg domain it's like "Get to know.bg" -> really clever, I am not sure if their website is translated into english though, but in case you need to know something - just ask me.

Some videos:

I really love this couple's vlog:

Again, long story short... we have a glorious history and culture, however nowadays the country is being run by corruption, as far as I am aware, 3 million bulgarians are living outside the country in UK, US, Canada, Germany, Spain... and the roma (gypsies) give us a bad name, that's why not many people know about our beautiful country, history and culture.

PS: Germany, amazing country, culture and people.

PS2: Russia (same as my opinion towards Germany), but most of all -> we'll never forget 1877-1878 братушки, we love России, don't listen to our politicians.

PS3: Had to edit two of the links, sorry.

Edited 2 times, last by ILIYAN ().

• It was fast search, but below posted videos are about nice places in Czech Republic.

And below it you like nature