ANTHEM

There are 56 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lululuhai21.

• that is why i switched to Warframe

You also farm stuff but at the end of the day you really made progress.

Anthem shines in terms of graphics and flight mechanics... but the general game progression and balancing is broken and probably never really gets fixed. The promised story content of the acts was canceled so there is very little to expect there in future.

Doing the same stuff, over and over without without actually making any progress in the game made me stop playing it.

Destiny 2 would be an alternative but to be honest after several very lackluster DLCs that you are forced into I feel very little motivation to play it eventhough it has by far the most satisfying movement and gun gameplay mechanics Ive ever experienced. After buying the game... spending even more money on DLCs and Seasons Passes I can not get rid of the sour taste of being constantly forced to put more money into the game just to experience the latest story content. Especially when you were forced to buy old DLCs if you wanted to play the newer content... this forced nature of the game and the growing costs for content which very often is just recylced material from Destiny 1 really bother me.

And lets face it... if Bungie wants more money they do the same what they did before... they release Destiny 3... let all players loose their progress... and sell the old content again later via DLCs. There is no guarantee that it wont happen eventhough Bungie is not part of Activision anymore.

Warframe is not as perfect in terms of gameplay and look at the other looter games but it is free as long you want it to be free.

That means you alone decide if you want to spend money on the game or not.

The game feels nice but very different. You can play it for months before you reach the endgame stuff. The game goes a much more relaxed way. Not much time-gated grind... events repeat relative frequently so you wont miss much if you cant play for some time. The game is not super difficult and does not focus on killing the hardest boss to get the best gun. The game is more focused on trying out new builds and customization.

Ive spent money on the game (~35€), not because I needed to... but because I wanted to support the developers. The dev team is very focused on player feedback. Two times I made suggestion on how to improve gameplay aspects and both times within just 1 week these suggestions were put into the game.

Bioware gives a fuck about player feedback for Anthem and Bungie at least needs one entire year to react to player feedback on Destiny 2.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I find myself losing hope for the gaming industry these day it's all going to crap they are still a few that do shine through like diamonds in the dirt sometimes I just wish freelancer got a remaster ( I know I'm going abit of subject here but bare with me) and modding support and I'd never have to play another game again for another 10-15 years but unfortunately this seems to be down to the community to make a "Remaster" as it were although freelancer seems complected and the physics are hard to duplicate to be hounest though I think it needs a remaster like homeworld and homeworld 2 got ...

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• February 2020

X-Mas decorations are still a thing in Anthem *cough*

Meanwhile the work on Anthem 2.0 was announced

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I don't know what they hope to achieve with this game... they should totally focus all of their energy towards Mass Effect.

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Unfortunate it is over now, I was hoping they could improve it. The game mechanics itself werent the worst. The long player or team assembling phases made it so heavily bad, also the stearing of your alter ego in the base and talking with npcs was so long and boring.

Anyway had some fun moments playing and exploring the map.

signature.png

• Some game magazines claim that it was the best Bioware could do but I highly disagree with that opinion.

The core game mechanics were good. It was fun... at least until you realized that there isn't really much content waiting.

Pulling the plug in my eyes is the worst they could have done especially in a time where other failed launcher like fallout76, no man sky, destiny, etc. managed to deliver a more or less successful comeback.

Specifically thinking about what to expect from Bioware in future the decision to kill off the game was a very bad decision.

Bioware lied prior the release about what Anthem would be. They even faked trailers to make players buy the game. They lied about the beta phase. They lied about the upcoming patches after the releases. They lied about content of this live service game we could expect just a few months after the release (cataclysm etc.). They even lied after their shady practices during the game development were exposed by Jason Schreier.

And now that Anthem (2.0) Next is canceled this specific promise to the players also turns out to be a lie.

Bioware was 100% consistent in one thing... lying to the players and that makes me wonder how many more lies we can expect from that company.

They did absolutely nothing to gain the trust of players again. They took the money and made promised they never kept.

Now I have to wonder how many lies are connected to the upcoming Mass Effect Legendary edition.

How much did they fuck it up.

It is known that they edited scenes for whatever reason. That content was cut from the game, that gameplay mechanics will change (hard to tell if this is good or bad).

The information is vague.

The only marketing material available about this game(s) which is about to be released in just a few weeks is preselected by Bioware. So far I have not seen any real previews or game magazines able or allowed to talk about all of this.

If Bioware again tries to fool the players it would not really surprise me.

I am a huge Mass Effect fan.... but I am not going to buy the legendary edition. Bioware lost me.

They lost me specifically with the way how they handled Anthem. But I also remember the game before Anthem. Mass Effect Andromeda which was released in such a poor state that it could have killed the Mass Effect franchise. And even back then Bioware was not honest with the players... Bioware even back with Andromeda gave a fuck to fix the game. It was released in a terrible bugged state and Bioware did nothing to change that. They took the money from an overhyped game and instantly abandoned it.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is the next big hype but this time I have absolutely no trust in Bioware anymore.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, EA made the decision to pull the plug on Anthem Next (aka 2.0).

It's a dead game now.

The servers are still online and cost money while the game wont get any updates anymore. It is just a matter of time until EA decides to close the servers and since the online connection is required (even for the singleplayer content) you wont be able to play the game anymore in 1-2 years anymore when the servers are gone.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• But there hasnt been a final word yet from EA. Or they are looking for another game studio to continue... All they needed were a bunch of good story writers. The in game mechanics with the Javelins were quite ok, the bit story was also ok. It lacks the reason to continue playing, no one like to grind and run the few raids over and over again.

signature.png

• but... the decision already was made 2 weeks ago

BioWare and EA cancel Anthem ‘Next’ redesign - Polygon

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It looks like broken promises and lying to players is slowly coming to be a new standard in gaming industry. This however will bring damage to gaming industry overall. Backing any game development or pre ordering will staying possible for very small amount of dev studios, and even there it goes down, peoples trust was broken. Nowadays I have feeling like creating any title in decent quality in desired timeframe is almost unreachable meta ...

• I think it's best to focus more on small studios and their games.

The management aspect during development is smaller and allows more time spent with creativity instead.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• In Anthem... in this very limited demo I was able to talk with NPCs about their stories... learn more about them... and also talk about my own characters stories and motivations. In Anthem the player is not a dead tool but an evolving person. Conversation choices have an influence on the story. Choices matter (to a degree).

vidmate mobdro