Greetings all

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AZ09.

• Hello everyone, just another old singleplayer Freelancer deciding to play the game again.

Last I played was years ago, I remember checking out the Discovery mod. It was... okay, though I'm not a fan of its "everything and the kitchen sink" ship design. Also eventually they threw SP balance out the window iirc. Was wondering yet again where to get my space sim fix when someone mentioned this mod. Was really happy to see the mention of an SP campaign, especially since it adds to the vanilla one.

Things do seem a bit... dialed up? I just did the Willard Station run with Walker, an early campaign mission where you rush in to save the station from a flight of gunboats and then some bombers. I vaguely remember it to be completely doable in vanilla, but in Crossfire it's kinda reminding me of Discovery - at least one friendly cruiser will get blown up even if I somehow manage to not get myself killed drawing as much enemy fire as I can. Tried reloading the mission a whole bunch of times, no bueno. Oh well.

Another thing, leveling up seems drastically slower. I just hit level 6 after the Willard mission, and I'm supposed to screw around until I level up before the campaign resumes. Thing is, the next level requirement is like $250k away, however I don't think I have that much more firepower than when I started the game. Doing dinky little $12k-$15k missions to collect that much money is going to be quite painful especially since we're still locked into Liberty at this point in the storyline. I guess I should start looking at hauling cargo?

Nevertheless, from the few screenshot spoilers I allowed myself to look at, there's tons of content later on so I'm definitely not giving up.

Btw ya'll ever played Rebel Galaxy? I liked the random mission/event generator in that game - seemed quite a bit more dynamic than those in most other similar games.

Have a nice day!

• Greetings.

To quickly raise cash, sell Escape Pods at prisons such as LPI Huntsville or LPI Sugarland. That will also allow you to get yourself a beefier ship.

There might be a possibility of getting into Custodian system and buying a Black Eagle, but last time I played SP before the Willard Station mission, I spent a couple of days marinating Juni on Manhattan grinding cash for first Shade and then Werewolf.

Both Black Eagle and Werewolf can get you pretty much past the rest of the game. Theoretically. I ditched Werewolf for Seahorse after Mission 4 and then Seahorse for Basilisk.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• Greetings Avilla, welcome here!

Just a hint: try equip ship with guns using slow projectiles (dealing high damage) and learn how to use "Rapid fire") technique which can significantly help hit targets. Doing so you can quickly kill all these initial nimble enemies ... the faster you will be able kill them, the bigger chance for success in SP mission where you need support ambushed pilot (I do not remember that mission name, but it is one from first missions in campaign).

For make a cash in New York system: get Rhino and do few trade runs ... you can find such and more advices also here: Starter Guide

• Thanks for the tips! I ended up doing a leisurely tour when Juni left on her own to go to New London. It's nice re-exploring the game universe when everyone is neutral towards you, nonchalantly flying through combat zones. "Don't mind me guys, I'm just a tourist!" Sometimes I try to be friendly and use the radio but all I get for my trouble is usually "Don't distract me, I'm in combat!" People are so high strung these days...

Already seeing much better ships and gear the farther off I go, can't wait until I'm playing around with that kind of money. Once again, great mod, looking forward to all the new stuff :D