Crossfire 2.0 Hovis race mod

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• thank you so much, I appreciate it! Renamed the file to .txt because the board doesn't like .fl as a file suffix.AutoSave.txt

Received. Please wait a while, because I won't just pass the race, but also give you something else as a bonus.

oh, please ... do not use autosaves, these were proved for ability to corrupt whole campaign :(

It's okay Martind, as long as it an autosave from the Original Campaign.

• Sorry for the little delay, I got a new SSD and I had to install Crossfire all over again (cuz I thought that I still had it, lol). I also tried to get you the best missile launchers, but without success (because of the mission, the race itself for me is quite easy, I pass it always in the first go), but when I tried to get you the best missiles, the game didn't let me because of this particular mission, probably because it requires you to fly to a station.

Without further adieu, you will see these save games in the zip file:
    - Your original save (with the race being won)
    - Small bonus (just a cash bonus)
    - Full bonus (a new VHF fully equipped without only the best missile launchers)

If you want the missile launchers, progress a little further into the campaign and write to me again and I'll get them for you, as well as the alien weapons (they aren't accessible for me due to this particular mission).

Enjoy. ;)

• thank you so, so much! If I could, I would teleport you freshly made cookies :thumbsup:

• HAHAHAHA, thank you! As long as it's on my cheat-meal day though ^^ , but wait... due to the epidemic it's a bit harder to keep the diet these days.

And if you really want the best missiles and alien weapons, just pass the mission and send me your save. I couldn't get them due to the fact that you have limited time to save the station from being destroyed and the "time" was what killed the chance for me to get them.

But anyway, we're glad to help you out, enjoy the mod. ;)

• HAHAHAHA, thank you! As long as it's on my cheat-meal day though ^^ , but wait... due to the epidemic it's a bit harder to keep the diet these days.

And if you really want the best missiles and alien weapons, just pass the mission and send me your save. I couldn't get them due to the fact that you have limited time to save the station from being destroyed and the "time" was what killed the chance for me to get them.

But anyway, we're glad to help you out, enjoy the mod. ;)

I have renamed the save game "pewpew" because those laser Gatlings do lots of pew pew. I think they may even come under the heading of "enough dakka" :bodycheck::applaus:

• HAHAHAHA, right? I destroy them literally in seconds and when the audio files gets a little mixed up, it's funny.

But, hey... we got to enjoy Crossfire to the fullest, no? Not to mention that you'll need to be fully equipped for the Crossfire Campaign, be sure to send me your save so I can get you the missiles and alien weapons, though the best weapons for me are the Gattlings (ok I will really stop repeating myself, lol).

By the way, you'll love this:

In short:
    Fire Weapon 1 - Set as Empty (Clear)
    Fire Weapon 2 - Set as Empty (Clear)
    Fire Weapon 3 - Set as ` (The key under Escape)
    Fire Weapon 4 - 1
    Fire Weapon 5 - 2
    Fire Weapon 6 - 3
    Fire Weapon 7 - (Key of your choosing, mine is set as E -> Firing Cruise Disruptors / Torpedos)
    Fire Weapon 8 - (Same as above, except is R -> For my second CD / Torpedo launcher)
    Fire Weapon 9 - Leave as default
    Fire Weapon 10 - Leave as default

Then, press 1 & 2 (Keyboard) as quickly as possible (in a Sequence, i.e. First 1 then 2) and then hold Fire. Once you stop, or once it glitches (yeah, it happens), you have to do the process again. Practice it a few times until you see the "Machine Gun" effect.

Credits: Jack Bauer (a good friend of mine, he gave me that Rapid Fire effect back in 1.7 => 2008/2009).

• It's still pretty easy without them, but here is where Crossfire comes in -> having fun while blasting them. :P

• Thanks for the Hovis-Save-game ... after 50 tries with a VHF (10 times passing through, but not winning)i was desperate and decided to leave game ... now i have fun again ... Thanks !!!

• May somebody help me too.

I can't win the race

Here my last save before race

Please upload as zip file cause txt seems corrupt file.

Thanks a lot.

Note : My game is in french.

Files

• Save5a96.zip

(69.15 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )