Best rig for FL CF 2.0

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Scarface135.

• Hihoo all I recently just got back on crossfire after been gone for awhile to find out my laptop struggles to handle crossfire even with low settings constantly freezing and stuff and hoping to upgrade at some point without burning a hole in my pocket idealy I just was something that can handle crossfire nice and smoothly just like it should for not too much money not really to interested in any other games at all as I'll never get bored of crossfire so what can people recommended I don't mind about desktop or laptop just want something that can handle crossfire smoothly 8).:thumbsup:

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• My old Desktop was an intel core 2 duo 3.00ghz with 4 gig of ram and an old Nvida 7600gt 256 mb video card. That system used to run CF2.0 quite smoothly. That is quite a cheap system to get as those parts are now considered to old.

So not a flash modern expensive PC needed really.

I also have 2 laptops with similer CPU's and Ram, But they will not play CF2.0 as the video card thats built into them is nowhere near good enough. So maybe the issue with your Laptop is the video card thats in it is not up to the job

• Yea intel integrated graphic chipset (not cards) are trash, they dont even run minecraft

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• wrong thread about mentioning games ?

But yeah try Homeworld Deserts of Kharak also awesome

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hi mate!

About £300-350 will probably be enough to play Crossfire in Full HD (1920x1080). I'd recommend the following hardware as a budget minimum:

Motherboard: LGA1150/1151 for Intel, AM4 for AMD

CPU: dual-core with the highest clock speed

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 / AMD Radeon R9 280 and up (look at MSI Gaming X versions for great cooling and low noise)

RAM: 4 GB

Storage: 7200 rpm HDD

PSU: 400 Watts (anything from Corsair, Be quiet, Seasonic, Enermax or models with 80+ certificates from other brands - don't save on the PSU!)

CPU cooler: look at ones with a larger fan (12cm+) and lower rpm to avoid noise

Case: the cheapest compatible

If you would like to play modern games and/or CF at higher resolutions, this is where you can invest additionally:

- 4-core CPU with the highest clock speed (not necessary for CF, only for new games)

- 8 GB RAM (also not needed for CF)

- best graphics card you can afford

Hope this helps!

• thank you wanderer I much appreciate this as I don't that much about specs and comparability to be honest as there forever changing lol

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• Sure, this card will run CF smoothly even in 4K (3840x2160) I think, although its memory (3GB) might not be enough for modern games at high settings.

Also, remember that it needs a power supply with two PCIe 6-8 pin connectors (not common with 400W models - you'll have to choose from higher wattage ones).

• how can we play cf 2.0 in 1080p mine only shows 720p 32bit

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• If you use 1080p on desktop, just check "Adjust to desktop resolution" in launcher options.

Another way is to edit Documents\My Games\Freelancer\PerfOptions.ini.

Last 4 lines of the file should look like this:

[Display]

size= 1920, 1080

color_bpp= 32

depth_bpp= 24

• all done figured it out myself but thanks wanderer

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• i had to put depth_bpp=32 and colour_bpp=32 for 1080p fixed it tho anyone else who cant get it working with wanderer said try these settings

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

Anonymous.

that in war,