Can't Activate Crossfire in FLMM because of error in xml script 3407

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hmm, I did not give next link? ... Frequently Asked Questions - SWAT Portal - SWAT Portal

In short for clean install:

1. Install vanilla (D:/Freelancer) ... size of folder for vanilla full install is I think approx 900 MB
    2. Install FLMM (D:/Freelancer Mod Manager)
    3. Install Crossfire (it will be installed into D:/Freelancer Mod Manager/mods/Freelancer 2 - Crossfire) .. size 6,5 GB (on my notebook: 8 638 files, 828 folders)
    4. Start FLMM and chose there to activate Freelancer 2 - Crossfire mod (it will copy files into D:/Freelancer folder and do other many system settings needed for correct mod functioning
    5. Start the mod for a first time, it will download latest launcher version, autorestart itself and then is downloaded bigger amount of latest files version (is recomended to do so also for SP for this 1st time)
    6. SP play do not requiere regular updates, MP will load smaller amount of updates each time automatically
  • Guys I don't know what to tell you. I've followed the instructions for installation 3 times now, and I'm still getting the same error message.

How about we start earlier. The very first problem I had is that I have to open FLMM as an admin. If I don't, I got the warning "Unable to access/creat 'HKLM\Software\Freelancer Mod Manager'! Possibly you're on a limited NT account that doesn't have permission to access HKLM?" Mine is the only account on this computer, and to the best of my knowledge should have full admin access and all privileges.

That being said, I am able to open the damn thing in admin mode and start the activation of the mod. But every time, it gets about 9/10ths done, stops (Which I've read is normal) and then throws me the warning I listed in the OP.

Another possible source is that I am installing the game from a file that I just copied the contents of the Freelancer disc onto. My computer has no disc drive, and currently, I don't have the disc on hand, but I do own a copy and the installation files came directly from that copy. During installation, I do get a warning about something being missing. I can check again to see what it is, but if I simply hit ignore, it installs the game perfectly fine. I can entirely play Freelancer (I played the entire SP campaign for the second time on a Macbook through a Wineskin and was able to start up and begin a play through on my current machine), assuming I use the NO-CD exe from Starport. I also have installed FLMM and Crossfire with that No-CD exe in the Freelancer files, and when it wasn't in the Freelancer files.

Neither of these things seem like they could possibly be causing this issue however, but as long as someone is willing to help and offer advice, I'm willing to keep working to get this to play. I've been wanting to play Crossfire for years to get more out of Freelancer, so I'm really willing to do quite a bit to solve it.

Again, see the original post for my problem. I cannot activate the mod in FLMM. FLMM opens. Freelancer Opens. Crossfire can't open, because it cannot currently be activated.

Again, here is the entire FLMM log:

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition'.

Error: script.xml:3407: SHRenameFile failed ('D:\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\BASESIDE\city_maneuvertab1.cmp' to 'D:\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\BASESIDE\_city_maneuvertab1.cmp').

--------------------

'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition' successfully loaded.

Reading mod script...

Parsing mod script...

Found mod: D:\FL Mod Manager 2.0e\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire

Thank you again for the help.

• Are you using FLMM distributed with mod? And please what windows version you have?

• omg, don't use FLMM 2 it's broken and buggy. i used 1.31 and it works. i suspect it's probably causing your issue, but i can't say for sure

Keep in mind, CF is huuuuuugggeee. FLMM may appear to hang, but it's working. Next time you give it a go, start it and let it run. go take a shower, grab lunch, rub one out i don't care. Just don't touch your computer at all while it's activating. it can take upwards of 30-45 minute to fully activate

I'm not on a PC right now, i'm on a linux laptop at work, i'd guide you through ensuring your FL and FLMM folders have the correct pemissions. a simple google search will help you out

Everything you're looking for, including a No-CD, a good version of FLMM and the latest and great mod is right here on the portal under Filebase (and then some)

Found mod: D:\FL Mod Manager 2.0e\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire

as Martind assumed and PE mentioned.... FLMM 2.0 most likely is the problem here.

all flmm version after 1.31 for some reason were broken or only beta versions which lack important features.

FLMM 1.31 is the last stable working version

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Got it. I'll check out 1.31 then. Also rest assured that I was not touching my computer while CF installed. I've been reading forum posts for the last week trying to solve this issue, so I read the part where it can just hang because it's so big.

I'll update after work if it works or not.

• Everything seems to work now. Glad it was such a simple fix. Grappling with resolution stuff now, but I've seen some other threads here, so I can probably figure it out on my own.

Thanks for the help all!