Can't Activate Crossfire in FLMM because of error in xml script 3407

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I've been dying to play this mod for years, but only recently switch from a Mac I ran Freelancer on in Crossover and couldn't run Crossfire to a PC that can actually do it. Buuuut, I can't activate the mod. Looked everywhere on this forum and elsewhere for solutions, but can find none. Any help? The error itself is a single character changer of the file city_maneuvertab1.cmp to _city_maneuvertab1.cmp with the only change being the underscore at the front. All of these .cmp files lack the underscore. Should I just change all the file names? I'm hesitant to do so without someones advice.

I'm happy to provide any assistance I can in solving this as I have always wanted to play more Freelancer past the campaign. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition'.

Error: script.xml:3407: SHRenameFile failed ('D:\Applications\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\BASESIDE\city_maneuvertab1.cmp' to 'D:\Applications\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\BASESIDE\_city_maneuvertab1.cmp').

• Greetings,

where you have mod installed? Mod should be installed first into FLMM/Mods directory and from there will activated via Freelancer mod Manager (FLMM) into vanilla Freelancer game directory. For detailed installation and activation guide please look into FAQ.

Example: C:\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire (folder size should be with installed mod approx 6,5 GB)

• It is installed there with that exact directory name. The crossfire mod appears in the mod list on FLMM and I have the option to activate it. But when I do, it gets near the end, stops, and then this error appears.

• two possible reasons

1. you dont have permission to write into the directory

2. the file is missing (which means something prevented that the installer could extract this file from the setup)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• probably best would be to check if the file exists in the flmm folder

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• and the "D:\Applications\Freelancer\DATA\INTERFACE\BASESIDE\" folder

does it have a file with an underscore already?

if not then its really a matter of permissions.

I would recommend to install the game into D:\Freelancer\

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It does not. The one in the Crossfire folder is city_maneuvertab1cf1 and the one in the Freelancer folder is city_maneuvertab1 and neither has that underscore.

If it's a permissions problem, how do I solve it? I'm the only profile on the computer, and I'm already running FLMM in admin. Do I need to do something to the Freelancer directory, or the crossfire directory, or both in order to have write permissions?

Also, I appreciate the help!

• you can try to right-click the freelancer folder

-> properties

and then there must be a checkbox with write protection below

unmark that and click ok

when asked you select that all changes should be done for the subfolders aswell

then try to activate the mod

if that fails again you will have to reinstall Freelacer

best if you install it into d:\Freelancer

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• So it still isn't working unfortunately. I've deleted the Freelancer folder, and the mod manager, and the crossfire mod, and reinstalled them all. Both flmm and freelancer in just in drive D: and not below any other directories. I made sure the mod manager was connected to the right directory, put crossfire inside the mods folder. Went to permissions for both flmm and freelancer and changed permissions to add full control (Both already had write permissions though) and yet, still no cigar. Exact same outcome.

In both folders properties I gave full control, and I unchecked the read-only box. However, after it failed again, I checked the properties and the thing had rechecked the box. This happens every time. I apply the changes, close the window, reopen it, and the box has been rechecked.

• My advice-Best of SWAT_OP-R8R and MartinD Forlon have communicated before to go-after my experience delete all CCleaner use Manuel Registry and to keep install Part 1 and 2.

Good luck!

Cogito Ergo Sum

• That's why I wrote what you can do-how can I help you tell me please?

Cogito Ergo Sum

• Very simple! Set up Installation instructions! and install as described is then welcome to the Crossfire universe

Cogito Ergo Sum

• Well as wise as that advice is, it is unfortunately unhelpful since I have already installed all programs (Freelancer, FLMM, and Crossfire) appropriately and they still are not working. Unless you know for certain that the issues I'm describing are because of an incorrect installation.