Flight to a waypoint question

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• Ahem, this thread is for website-related stuff.

As for the problem you describe, this has been there since vanilla FL, so I doubt something can be done about it.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Why sometimes do you arrive at set waypoints (set by me) and you stop, and other times continue on at 60/80 K's?

Ahem, this thread is for website-related stuff.

As for the problem you describe, this has been there since vanilla FL, so I doubt something can be done about it.

Until now I haven't heard about such problem... wombat1940: make sure you don't accidentally switch from "Go To" mode (F2) to Free Flight mode during your trip to the waypoint.

• it is real, I have seen this happen.

Way point Goto Freighters and larger ships are better at stopping just before the way point --- smaller ships and fighters most will hit the way point come out of Goto and continue at normal launch/ship travel speed. It happens in vanilla FL as well as here, I have left the game and come back half hour or more later to find the ship way out in the black void of space. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• it is real, I have seen this happen.

Way point Goto Freighters and larger ships are better at stopping just before the way point --- smaller ships and fighters most will hit the way point come out of Goto and continue at normal launch/ship travel speed. It happens in vanilla FL as well as here, I have left the game and come back half hour or more later to find the ship way out in the black void of space. :) :)

Yes ….. my point entirely. I think AJ was right when pointing out that it was inherent in Vanilla Freelancer, being nothing new and little can be done. In my exploratory role of "mapping" a system, I may setup up to 40 waypoints (depending on a systems scale) and have to be constantly vigilant to see I don't over-fly a waypoint and head into the ether. ;)

• wombat1940

Changed the title of the thread from “Fligth to waypoint question” to “Flight to a waypoint question”.
  • Hi. wombat1940

Unless you got a hold of the Dragonfly from a clan base, the cruising speed for all other ships is the same and a freighter like the Dromedary should stop fine at way point destination, as another problem can exist if you are not in SP using the God cheat radiation can be a problem in some sectors but The Mining ship is almost immune to it, so that ship should do both no problem.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Hi. wombat1940

Unless you got a hold of the Dragonfly from a clan base, the cruising speed for all other ships is the same and a freighter like the Dromedary should stop fine at way point destination, as another problem can exist if you are not in SP using the God cheat radiation can be a problem in some sectors but The Mining ship is almost immune to it, so that ship should do both no problem.

Thanks Ringo. Actually I seem to be stopping more on a regular basing now. I fact I can't think when I have not auto stopped in the last two weeks. I do a lot of waypoint to waypoint flying in my System exploratory role. Yes I am flying in SP and I do fly in God mode but I've got no interest in the "fighting and what stuff". I'm either friendly or neutral with everybody except the Nomads of course. I personally don't consider "God Mode" as cheating because I'm a pacifist and never fire a shot even in anger. Well ……… fire a few off at those Nomads occasionally …… they're such a pain. I think I only get the overrun problem with "target object" maybe. I'll pay more attention and check. Thanks again.

• Glad to here, that you are having a good run with your exploration and way point flying m8 :) :)

And you are right God Mode in CF SP is not cheating, because it is included in the options menu and can be adjusted to suit player requirements.

I wrote God cheat automatically because in the early days I found even vanilla FL hard to play, so I looked into it and discovered how to adjust the SP ini file all the way to zero = God Mode. This was the God cheat. Long before I discovered CF I was using God (cheat) Mode, moving it up from zero untill after a while one day I completed the whole of the vanilla story line live. Having done that many times since, helps in playing CF MP on line and also doing the CF SP story missions after vanilla as far as possible without touching the God Mode difficlty scale. :) :)

The CF story after vanilla missions is a lot harder, so it's a good thing GM is there if needed. :) :)

• Nice one! Yes ….. I understand your sentiments about God Mode. I've done the CF SP story but got killed/beaten/resurrected many, many times. Are you saying you completed the SP story without dying8|?

• Nice one! Yes ….. I understand your sentiments about God Mode. I've done the CF SP story but got killed/beaten/resurrected many, many times. Are you saying you completed the SP story without dying8|?

I can not in all honesty say that there was not the odd restart, but I can do it live without touching the God Mode setting in the ini file. But what you have said is entirely possible. I am going to see if I can do it, just vanilla without the CF mod.

• I can not in all honesty say that there was not the odd restart, but I can do it live without touching the God Mode setting in the ini file. But what you have said is entirely possible. I am going to see if I can do it, just vanilla without the CF mod.

Oh! Good luck. :thumbsup:

• Thanks Wombat :) :)

• My intention is to beat Hovis first time, but if he or his mates dont shoot me down and he gives me a second chance and then I beat him all is fine, because he then will give me the info to find Quintaine and I have not been killed.

I have started and so far so good last night I survived the Rhinelanders flying back To California Minor and we talked to Walker. Ready to go and save Willard-next.

Taking SS will post Pics to Gallery soon as I make selections & convert to JPGs (I always take too many pictures)

• Too many pictures? Never! I think OP has been looking for more. Hovis ……. aaaah yes that was his name. Don't remember being attacked by his mates though. They must have taken pity on me after my 20th try to beat Hovis. :1eye: