Server status

There are 112 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Blaster.

• ok ill make it short

the server is down... and will stay down

reason:
    the fact that shit has been done during the beta tests...to be more exactly... bugs have not been rechecked after fixing... bugs have not been reported... ships and guns have not been tested

result of this is a ubergun... about 10 uberships... several ships that crash the game for no reason and a very long list of other bugs that have been reported to me yesterday
    in fact it seemed like some ppl didnt think that there is the need to report anything and just drop those news 3 weeks later

well those bugs messed up many chars... and are the explaination of several laggy situations especially in pvp when ppl used these uberships
    even if i would be able to fix this shit there would be the need of a 3rd charwhipe
    and yes i said "even" because i dont think that i can fix it now
    i dont have the time and possibility to do that anymore and for sure im not going to risk anything with SWAT

i wont be able to upload a fixed version and no you dont even need to think about offering me some webspace and a few gigs traffic... you dont even have enough taffic for the first day
    and just to show you about what dimensions we are talking.... during the last 2 1/2 weeks it took me nearly 1 terrabyte traffic

conclusion:
    server is down coz shit has been done... im not going to run a bugged mod on the server... finito
    now you can cry... call me asshole and whatever you want

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• [SIZE=4]let the sörver drive, stay open and make a new update! it would be very isy for such a genius persön liké yu![/SIZE]

by the way:
    HAHA ASSHOLE!!!!
    [1][1][1][1][1][1][1][1][1][1][1][1

• Huh 8o so nomore Crosfire or how should i understand theat ... :rolleyes: well if its so thean its have to be so
    @ Samunat : u are the true ass *** at this place so shade up Op have do much but coz of same ppl in the beta he need to take all the hits well no i dont think so :evil:

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• OP, I know that it wont help, but I think there is something wrong on it to blame only the tersers for the problems. I was one of them. I have asked you at the start what to do. You said just play. If you would say what we should check, Im sure we would do it. But you didnt. I have checked a part...as I was able to. I have found a bug and told you about it. You have fixed it. I have rechecked it again. It was working well. If you think that would be nesessary to check the ships, well if you would tell me and give me cash for it, I would do it. And Im sure I wouldnt be the only one.

So I dont think the mistake was only ours.

About the rest, well you have problems with ASF, I dont know anything about it, so I dont talk about it. But Im sure you know how difficult it is to keep so much pipl organized and following your orders..coz we are all different and we all have our own point of view. We had problems earlier, we solved them. But it doesnt mean that we wont have any in future.

There would be no sense in the life without solving problems. Maybe if you are a plant....

So to get that all to one point: We have a problem, that you dont want to solve...well I for my short life have been in such situations...and I still live. So dont drop everything, get a brake and stand up again. Im sure there are loads of pipl here who will be happy to help you on this.

PS: samunate, can you delete that ugly and disturbing sig please?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• Perhaps some beta testers offered themselves to be beta testers just to receive the beta version and to be able to connect before everyone else. just to see how 1.61 was like.

If this really happened, there is the reason why so many errors and bugs were not reported, because of amateur beta testers. I'm only saying this because i'm not aware of the full list of beta testers, and the ones that i know that were testers shurely wouldn't do that.

ps to samunate as well: Could you please edit that post and remove all those smiles? Because it's irritating having to scroll the page left and right, left and right, left and right to read what other ppl are posting.

Or could someone with admin rights do that?

• just to say... ithink its ur computers!
    lol
    ive been allover and not seen but 2 bugs...

guns fire from my ship has disappeared once and i just restart

the gates in sol require reenter to be seen...

otherwise it rocks!

-

• Hey OP,

You are not the asshole.
    The people that failed you are the assholes, myself included.
    I am truely sorry because I know you have put 2 1/2 months of your soul into this mod and are pained very deeply.
    I didn't make time to help with testing for the patch when you asked for everyone to help.
    I'm sorry I failed you.
    Thank you for all the good times and joys CF has given me. Peace be with you OP.
    To anyone who wants to call me an asskisser. I call it the way I see it.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• All coalition ships have 6 size 10 guns when should be 4 size 10 and 2 size 8.
    Coalition gatlings never loose power
    I dont know who checked these ships or even if they were checked.
    So result is lots of ships that are bugged :(

Originally posted by Riddick_7
    PS: samunate, can you delete that ugly and disturbing sig please?

Indeed

Originally posted by Ruivo

Perhaps some beta testers offered themselves to be beta testers just to receive the beta version and to be able to connect before everyone else. just to see how 1.61 was like.

As far as i saw testers and what they did - no, noone just fly around for fun during the tests.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see what we can help - we wont fix the bugs thats for sure but lets try to fix the mod hosting ussue. Cause of the serious numbers a reliable decition is needed. Here are few suggestions:

1) best that came to my mind its really popular here in bulgaria - mod hosted by torrents - this mean once the mod is been hosted we all became hosters and downloaders at same time. The share technique is really smart cause all peers download from all other peers even when the others havent downloaded the full file too. So you all share/download at same time and even several peers (wont be hard to get cause we are all over the world) with normal connection speeds can offer professional server comparable bandwight. The torrent site hosting the download info is not important cause afterall this is peer to peerand programs is searching for best download ways and auto sharing to others cant be disabled atleast untill download is ready (and the purpouse is to share as much as possible)

2) second option is to look for friends servers than can use servers at their work that can be reliable, and if possible multiple such servers (mirrors)

3) verry unlikely but if you can find free sharing capable of uploading such big files.

• Good idea pc, but thats our last problem. We dont have a mod atm, 1.61 is bugged and OP is not going to fix it, I can understand that, he has put a lot of work into it. If I would be able to do this, I would. The point is, we have to get a working mod and the server back online, we have a great community and it will fall apart if we just sit there and cry about the good times...then we can think about where to get the mod...we can use a lot of things for it, emule, torrent, limewire, newsgroups...whatever, but we dont have anything to download yet...

And a third charwipe, well if you ask anyone here to choose between playing CF with new chars from the start or not playing it at all...Im sure I dont need to write what everyone will answer.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• im no programer and i cant help you with creating bug-fixers, but i can check everything else in the game
    you all know that i was online almost everytime and i have time ONLY for CF. i can say that because i KNOW and i played on 50 DIFFERENT servers and i have ALL MODS and all other necessary shit for the servers. but this mod and server was the best thing and place i ever played on.

so, WHY cant you just activate the server and let us all WHO WONT to find and report all the bugs there are in the game
    if you wont you can make another char wipe but its better to play on nocrashing server that to have problems with that.
    why cant we orginise us self PERFECTLY ????
    for example:
    1. player MUST check all lvl 10 ships, 2. must check all weapons, 3. must check all bases, 4. must check all jump holes/gates ,..........
    this way the mod CAN be and MUST BE perfect

i think it was stupid just to say what testers are supposed to check, everyone MUST tehave their OWN role in checking the bugs

so JUST LETS US PLAYING AND THEN MAKE A FEW fixes
    i said im no programer, but im a quick student
    just say what program i need and what do i have to do and how (for first) and then im able to help you without problem
    very soon we will have summer-holidays AND WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IN THAT TIME ?????? watching TV??
    commom guys, say CYA to your chars and give us back our BEST SERVER EVER- The Crossfire RolePlay Server

[10] [10] [10] [21] [21] [50] [203]

btw. SAMUNATE, CLEAR those smilies because im not SO STUPID to send you some viruses for your COMP. im tired of going left-right,left-right,left-right
    DELETE those smilied and insulting to our OP or you are in really DEEP S....

• 1. i did say what to test during the beta of 1.6... maybe you will remember "there is a list of features... there is a list of changes.... test it"
    ive said this on the server and ive posted this to this forum here

only in 1.61 i said "just play" and it had a good reason... nobody did report any bugs before and it was just a stability test (over night)

2. i wont allow that my mod is hosted on any filesharing shit

3. no matter how talented you may be... you wont be able to fix anything
    there are many mod creators... good mod creators out there in FL but they still ask me how i did all those things in CF
    and even if you would be able... you dont have the serverfiles... and you cant pass the anticheat protection

4. samunate got banned from this forum and if he ever comes back ill make sure that he will get trouble with his provider because of his offensive behaviour towads this forum and the community

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok, i understand there are few bugs (hm, around 7 i think), but cant we just play further on the server

i shake you the hand OP for making SO COOL mod and you are a trully genius, but we all can make it better.
    therefor are we all here
    if you have manage to make the entire mod, why is so hard to fix only few bugs that are only 5% of the entire game

we will let you oversleep this night and tomorow we will continue with clear and relax head
    i also had few problems in my life: i had a problem with my bike with breakes and i crush it into the wall and destroyed, but next morning i had to go by foot in the school.

you get the point??

• Hallo op,

also ich spiel jetzt noch nich so lang CF aber bis jetzt hab ich noch keinen bug gefunden.
    Um welche fehler geht es denn und sind sie wirklich so gravierend, dass der server auf ewig down bleibt.
    Natürlich respektiere ich deine großartige arbeit die zweifellos in der mod steckt und ich kann auch gut verstehen, dass du ziemlich angepisst bist wenn betatester nicht richtig an die sache ran gehn.
    An deiner stelle würd ich den server einfach laufen lassen und zu bugreports aufrufen.
    Ist auf jeden besser als jetzt anfangen die probs zu fixen und einen patch raus zu bringen.

Kann ja sein, dass noch mehr probleme auftauchen.Warten kann oft hilfreich sein. Würd mich freun bald wieder auf dem server rumzucruisen.Chillout