Banned for crashing the server?

There are 61 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• [GAY]-Quentin-Crisp ....thanks for the PM. All set m8

Edit: Cleopatra.....5 times in a row.( aka: {lp}Ramses) you are all set.

DO a COMPLETE UNINSTALL not REINSTALL.

Check the box for "remove all files and user data"

Then contact me.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I have now done that 3 times, yet you assume it is me, ffs this is getting silly.

Edit: sick of telling you

Originally posted by GAY-1
    I have now done that 3 times, yet you assume it is me, ffs this is getting silly.

You said you did a reinstall according to your post.

And welcome back [GAY]-Quentin-Crisp

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• "And welcome back [GAY]-Quentin-Crisp"

Not sure how that is relevant, still banned. Or maybe it's humour?

Ok, here's where I am with this. I can see nothing wrong with what I have done, I have un-installed, then re-installed as suggested by darkstalker. Not once. Not twice, but three times. Then all was good. I was playing for over 5 minutes tonight, I changed nothing, then the server crashed. I changed nothing, guess who gunny blames? You got it. me! Gunny, you are either wrong or seriously wrong. If you don't like me just say, but I did not screw the server. Yet you ban me again. I'm keen to hear your defence, and even keener to hear who you will drag in.

I am seriously pissed about this, I have waited for ages for OPs 1.6 and you can't help but ban me at every opportunity. If you had a reason I could maybe accept it, but it looks as though you ban me for no reason at every chance you get.

Some sort of answer would be good.

• I have nothing against you, so stop playing the victim all the time.

I can only go by the evidence server side, as we SP always do.

Each person in this thread has contacted me or another SP confirming they did a fresh install and they are now serverside playing 1.6, with no problems.

And I do not ban for no reason, I cannot. I have to account for any ban I do.

If I really wanted to ban you, I could have with that "suggestive" conversation you were having in X-3043 and then proceeded to argue with me as another SP listened to the conversation, when I told you to keep those chats private.

• Ok Gunny , can we get to a point where we stop pointing fingers, bringing up historical conversations. and get a fix for the problem that is obviously facing some members. There is absolutely no point in saying that player x now has no problem.

I still have a problem as does others i am sure.
    Some of the threads i have read are written in such a way that senior members involved in this mod believe that the players installing this mod are of low inteligence. Believe me , when i tell you that i too have installed the game 3 times , restarted , defragged , deleted old stuff ,, " done to the letter as per the instructions".

Lets put all threads aside and offer real advice on how to procede with the problems faced by players who are not able to play this excellent mod.

Your attention and help in this matter will be very much appreciated.
    :D

• Good post George.

OK, gunny, I have now deleted anything that has an "f" in it on my hard drives. The only new thing I found was a file in my prefetch folder. All gone now. I am now about to do the freelancer install, then I am going to get clean dloads of both the modmanager and the mod itself. I can do no more. If this doesn't work, then it would appear that nothing will.

• Not one person, ServerPolice or Admin thinks anyone here or player in the server is an idiot or of lessor intelligence.

But I will say that if you play other Mods of FL, you may have to do this all over again when you want to switch back and forth.

Op can give you a more factual opinion on my second sentence.

• Ok, game up and running.

I go in, fart about, fly to a couple of stations, am in for about 5 mins and the server crashes.

Hmmm

I go in again, in for about 6 mins, server crashes.

At this point, out of respect for other players I close the game down. My problem is, how do I know if it's me that's causing these crashes?

I won't start the game up again, until I can get some advice.

• im not sure but i think if one can crash the server, once he logs on, then if refresh swat-portal homepage, you will see "server is rebooting"...... although it may take a while to notice it in game. or maybe it can be seen on server side

I dont know if you need clean registry on uninstall. I did it anyway.

In game char: {UAC}Ziq.Alpha_F, {UAC}Ziq.Beta_F, {UAC}Ziq.Delta_T

Freelancers looking for a clan? or more RP? Check out UAC forum to know our organisation and what you can get by joining us. We are looking for active players with strong sense of commitment. Together lets build the best roleplay clan! UAC needs you!

*Friends are the family we choose for ourselves*

• I have to say that when a new person comes on and crashes the game time after time, like every 3 min or less, it makes it unplayable for everyone else.

I am so pi**ed off at the moment. Just spent an hour getting from Berlin to Bonn Station.

If you are coming on for the first time and causing the server to crash, leave, and dont come back till you have sorted the problem. After all the crashes there is zero tolerance from existing players on this issue.

If you get kicked for crashing then its your problem. Dont come back till its fixed or u can expect a hostile reception from the other players.

Anybody who know me knows it takes a lot to get up my nose but my patience has run out. Dont come on unless u follow the install instructions to the letter.

The process I used was:

Made sure all mods were deactivated in Mod Manager.

Deleted 1.57 from mod manager.

Uninstall FL.

Uninstall the Mod manager.

Checked there was no FL "saved games" folder. (in XP usually in My documents, My Games) Delete if there is.

Checked there was no FL folder in "Microsoft Games". Delet if there is. (some Mods leave files in FL folder and it is not completely deleted by uninstall)

Load FL from disc.
    Load Mod Manager from zip file.
    load 1.6 into Mod Manager from zip file.
    Activate 1.6 in Mod manager.

I have had no problems. If anyone can describe it better please do.

A clean start means, start from nothing.

To all those who crash the server may you rot in hell. [3]

Phew i feel better now i have that off my chest.

• I hear you Tassie, but as I have said, I have done all that 5 times now, and I can access the game, but I get to play for 5 minutes then the server crashes, so I'll ask again, how do I know if it's me who is crashing the game?

I have stopped accessing the game until I can be sure it is not me.

• @ GAY-1

try to get on line early in the morning, then you have more chance to stay longer online.

In the 3 day's i played, problems appears after 14.00.

I know it's frustrating knowing to have done allright and still have problems. I hope my tip will give you the oportunity to demonstrate that you are clean !

• I also notice this, except for me it is 9 PM est(4 pm. gmt). Then all hell breaks loose with the server crashes. However I have talked to others that say it crashes during the day also.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• ILL GET CRAZY

SERVER crushed in 10 minutes "ONLY" 25 times

i REALLY dont know WHAt to do

i afraid to do anything:
    -if i enter jump it crush
    -if i enter base it crush
    -if i enter battle it crush

THE SAME PLAYERS ARE CRUSHING THE SERVER AND they still manage to RECONNECT the server and to crush it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN........

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE do something about that

its not possible for NORMAL player to even play because it crushes every time

i can only (without crushing) play at morning when there arent many players

i REALLY WONDER how are you going to have EVENTS when its noe possible to play 1 WHOLE MINUTE at once

so, pleaseeee help US

• calm down... this will be sorted out

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• EXCUSE ME PPL!!!! but i believe that 1 of the main probs bout the sever crashing has something to do with the number of ppl in NEW YORK system.
    I have noticed 9 times tonight that when NY reaches 7 or over players, thats when the sever starts to crashout.
    That only my opinion on the matter, i may be wrg but it is worth looking at i think.

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• Thunderbolt.

Emerald.

_Vad_ ..... This player, by witnesses seeing as well, was laughing at us when we were telling him he was crashing the server.. You will have to appeal to the Admin.

TACK.

• banned "YourSelf" cant find him registered tho