Banned for crashing the server?

There are 61 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• sorry no no never ever ever ,my firewall keeps me safe from some nasty buggers out there

• Gunny, you have pm.

Originally posted by Kristof Bowen
    Well I am still banned apparently.

No you are not.

@ GAY-1

Using "the-gipper" is a violation of server rules for you, since you are a clan.

[GAY] is a clan on CF and you are required to wear tags on all chars. You were using an untagged or "fake" char.

Your ban has been passed onto the Admin.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Okay I followed the directions to the letter and now having tried to get into the server after be unbanned I crashed the server again.

Time for another unistall and reinstall I guess.

• Are you not assuming that I am in a clan? I certainly don't have any clan characters in 1.6, so why assume that I am a member of a clan? As previously mentioned in this thread, I was The-Gipper as there was some debate over whether or not to continue with the clan.

Therefore I am in violation of no rules. If this ever gets sorted, then I may well join a clan, at which time, any untagged chars will be deleted as per the rules which I have not broken.

Please un-ban me as this is the fair thing to do. I have done nothing wrong.

• So you are telling me, that you are not in the [GAY] clan / group?

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Thank you for unbanning me. I have been playing for the last hour or so without any problems. I'm so glad I can finally play Crossfire :)):)):))

• NoStranger is banned for crashing server.
    Bigruedi too

Follow the installation instruction in this section and PM me when you do.

Originally posted by Gunny
    So you are telling me, that you are not in the [GAY] clan / group?

At the time of my banning, I was not in any clan, I had not set foot on 1.6 with any Clan player. Since the banning, following discussions with 1.57 clan members, it would appear that the clan will be resurrected, and that The-Gipper will be deleted come what may if I am ever un-banned, but it is impossible to do this whilst banned.

• hey Gunny

pls can you helpl me about a strange situation ?

I created my Newpol char following the advises of forum and i had no prob until yesterday late when i was constantly kicked out.

This morning ( early for me lol ) i started again without any problem until 14.00, them prob occured again. I tried several times but server rebooted many times and i gived up.

THEN i tried a new char " NoStranger " but i got the same prob, bad connection, try another time !! ;(
    And now i read that i'm banned ! Make no sence if you ask me ! :D

• Taken Care of NewPol.

@ the-gipper..

Taken Care of

• I dont think is just u,there seem to be major probs
    Even if 1 char works fine ,when u make a new one it crashes server.
    Now do not re-nstall do a complete uninstall as posted by Darkstalker

• Kethis

• I've just gone through the rigmarole again. Last time, I have kept my firewall off, if this does not work, then heaven help me.