LETS BRING ROLEPLAY BACK!

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Frank Columbo.

• Hello fellow pilots! I really hope a lot of you will read this, including the newcomers :salutes

UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT THE END OF THIS POST

Today me and dented_ship had a discussion about a major problem (at least i think it is) - the problem is : WE ARE MISSING ROLEPLAY ON THE SERVER!
    For the following lines, please excuse me, i mean no offense to the other clans in the game :)

As far as i can see we have 2 major clans in the game nowadays: the Glorious Dark Phoenix (DP) and the Glorious Fallen (Fallen) clan - DP is a mercenary clan, and Fallen is a pirate clan.
    The problem is that DP and Fallen are allies! That means there is no Roleplay occuring on the server, if we consider the other clans inactive ;(
    This alliance was formed before i joined CF, so i did not see RP action too.
    I would like you all to think a bit.

What could happen if DP and Fallen ends this alliance?

We can see RP action coming back, pirates will behave like pirates (referring to RDV's post now), freelancers will request protection from the police or mercenaries, also smugglers will have a harder time to do their job as well (higher chance for the mentioned situation to occur ;)).
    Also active Roleplay could attract more players to Crossfire, and im almost sure that the veterans will come back too :)- furthermore, missing Roleplay could be a reason for a lot of the players to leave our server and join some other mods :([also a thought: more players = more donations for the mod (higher chance for a donation from more players), it could be easier for maintenance, at least this is what i think].

In addition active roleplay could "force" the new players (and even the old ones) to actually come and take part in events and competitions in order to gain experience in pvp combat and protecting themselves and the others too.

I red a while ago that others wanted to change stuff, to bring back RP - all of you, please think about it, WE COULD USE MORE PLAYERS!

So I am siding with the thing: LETS END THIS ALLIANCE, END THIS PEACE! LETS SEE SOME RP ACTION!

Once more: I meant no offense to the other clan and their members, but it was a while ago since i saw them online :(

I am really curious what do you guys think, exspecially the clan leaders.

Update on 2017.06.25 : According to reliable sources, the Alliance between DP and Fallen IS SUSPENDED AT THE MOMENT. The situation is under investigation.

For further information: diary of a merc

Update on 2017.06.26 : Orders came from High Command

Link established....begin transmission....

Startime 3017.06.26 - 1000. 06.16 ND (After Nomad Defeat)

Attention all |DP| pilots!

It seems that RDV has gone on a taxing rampage.

So far he has taxed Commodore Dredd for 20 mil and I have heard reports that he has also taxed 2nd Lieuetant Davenport, who just joined the PSDF (Phoenix Space Defense Force) after graduating from SCA (Space Cadet Academy) with outstanding results followed by instant promotion.

This is a Hostile act towards us.

So from now on if any (Fallen) try to tax any |DP| You are authorised to use maximum force!

Hostile acts towards us will not be ignored or taken lightly.

So all pilots keep a good lookout for (Fallen) and be ready to fight back if you are taxed.

Admiral Denzel

End of transmission...

Original thread: (Fallen)RDV is taxing DP members

Update on 2016 07 07 : You have awaken the Razgriz...

Amidst the eternal waves of time,
    From a ripple of change shall the storm rise,
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon,
    Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!

THE END TIME HAS BEGUN...

Edited 5 times, last by ExxoRush ().

• Update: According to reliable sources, the Alliance between DP and Fallen is SUSPENDED AT THE MOMENT.

For further information: diary of a merc

• The thing about RP is - you can't force it. One can try and make it appealing by hosting events, or maybe doing some promos, but in the end - if people just want to cruise around in peace, admiring the piece of art that is CF, then there isn't much that can be done about it.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Corynthos

You are right sir....but, just look at some other mods....like Discovery, they have active RP, and got so many players there, around 40 at the moment.
    I am not saying we should force RP, but try to bring it back, then it could cause a chain of evets appearing on the server i guess.

And it would be also good to see veteran players coming back :) such as you i guess, if i am right, i never saw you online since i joined CF :(

• And it would be also good to see veteran players coming back :) such as you i guess, if i am right, i never saw you online since i joined CF :(

Are you threatening me?

• the Alliance between DP and Fallen

It seems here is a big misunderstanding.
    The Alliance between DP and Fallen is only when another clan declare war to DP and/or Fallen.
    Of course Fallen-members are allowed to tax a DP member and of course DP-members try to get the bounty which was set on the head of one of the Fallen-members.

From my side the alliance between DP and Fallen isn't suspended yet. So, when, for example the TSH-clan declare war to DP-clan, TSH-member have also a problem with (Fallen)-members.

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• Portalearth

I am not threatening anyone, it just could be good to see even more veterans coming back and fly and fight with them, or against them :)

• It seems here is a big misunderstanding.
    The Alliance between DP and Fallen is only when another clan declare war to DP and/or Fallen.
    Of course Fallen-members are allowed to tax a DP member and of course DP-members try to get the bounty which was set on the head of one of the Fallen-members.

From my side the alliance between DP and Fallen isn't suspended yet. So, when, for example the TSH-clan declare war to DP-clan, TSH-member have also a problem with (Fallen)-members.

Well, no one said to me that Fallen WILL TAX DP (in fact that was a major fact aside from many others that convinced me to join DP) :)

Of course, i dont want to make people angry to each other, I am not angry myself ( i would like to prevent some serious hate - and I am sure it wont happen by looking at the community :) ) - i would like to bring back RP, that is all :)

• Update: Dented_ship just told the background of this alliance between the two clans, it seems RDV is right :)

But then, we wont see any serious RP to occur....i mean, who will declare war on DP or on Fallen? None of the clans are powerful enough to do that (im not sure about this, just guessing)...

• yes RDV is right, but ... :)

somehow such agreements lead to special/silent agreements and in the end u forget the origin meaning. all in all it is good as it is now, it spices things a little bit up :)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• who will declare war on DP or on Fallen?

At this moment TSH clan declare war to (Fallen)-clan (more or less declared - we are on KoS for TSH).

The idea about an alliance between was born when a [AS]-member says that he would like to declare war to |DP|-clan.

somehow such agreements lead to special/silent agreements and in the end u forget the origin meaning

I didn't forgot the origin meaning of our agreement :-)

To make the story short - if someone so though and set a bounty of the head of a (Fallen)-member, members of the honest |DP|-clan are allowed to try to get this bounty. And (Fallen)-members are allowed to tax |DP|-members.

i would like to bring back RP, that is all

Be sure that |DP|-clan members will have a lots of work soon :-)

• RDV wants to do a little bit like Thnahrui, a little war

I like his idea though, and would like to thank him for doing that, at least we have some sort of action :)

Be sure that |DP|-clan members will have a lots of work soon

I would like to see it happpen :) but to be honest i think your targets (presumably freelancers i am talking about now, clan members have their clan for support) will need more than just one pirate taxing them to actually hire mercenaries for protection :)

• Portalearth

I am not threatening anyone, it just could be good to see even more veterans coming back and fly and fight with them, or against them :)

It's a figure of speech. I could be considered a CF Veteran. It's more like "don't make me come back"

• RDV wants to do a little bit like Thnahrui, a little war to: boost the RP, and have more sensation (because being safe its becoming really annoying, I liked to have Thnahrui terrorizing me )

I don't wants to have a war otherwise I would declare war! I don't be a dastard and flee when enemy seems to be better than me. And I don't hide in Arena to be save from RP :-)

• As much as I love to hang out with you guys, I can't at the moment due to RL, but I will join as soon as I am able...

There isn't really any time left for me and this kind of schedule is hard to get used to... the only time available is on the weekends, but even then it's not really sure.

• At this moment I have technical problems with CF (Updates don't start :-( !)
    As soon as the problem(s) was/were solved I will be in again and hunting you :-)

• It's a figure of speech. I could be considered a CF Veteran. It's more like "don't make me come back"

Why not Sir? :) Do we need to afraid of something or what? :D (i have no idea)