CF1.6

There are 492 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• those will be added to the trains

the mass for commodities did not work... only objects that are mounted can have such a mass

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thats not possible... the hardpoints are already used

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• -fixing of "shakiness" of ship in Sol and Altair systems.
    I dunno why but the ships tend to bounce around and shake while flying in the space. Might have something to do with the systems size.

-Admin and SP lisences
    Think we need them? Cause anyone can type in a SP or Admin tag in their name.

-NPC scanning in new systems
    they dont in new systems though they are the right faction. Possible and also to make bounty hunters scan too?

-NPC Battleship grouping
    cant form up with battleship npc groups.

-orbital paths
    possible to make bases orbit around in the atmosphere while still being a functioning station?

• Done:
    trains + scouser have better hull now (mines + cms coming soon)
    cube arena fix
    Lag reduction patch 1.3 finished (already testing it on the server)
    char selector
    music selector
    juni outfit selector
    hud selector
    OpenSP/NormalSP selector
    battleship undocking bug fixed

well so far so good... dont think that its not much yet
    in fact its damn much code (so far the upgrade version from 1.57 to 1.6 is 108mb big, but will be reduced soon)

ships + infocards are 60% finished
    no new systems yet but they will come soon

above i mentioned the Lag reduction patch
    till cf1.57 3 versions were already done... now a 4th version is running on the server and 2 more versions will be done and finally released with cf1.6
    ive been working a little bit on the net code and how things are running and ive found serveral possibilities to reduce the whole serverload
    i expect that CF1.6 will run as stable and fast as a fresh install of vanilla FL
    together with the cheat protection there shouldnt be a source that could create heavy lag (except a high amount of players)
    -> result of this is that i will raise the max players on the server to 60 or 80 (maybe higher)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• re-asking grinders question:

Is it possible to change the max amount of players in a group? Let`s say: up to 16?

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• OP, the changes you just listed are amazing! :D I'm wondering, will the larger new ships, like gunboats & cruisers, be able to dock at station moors or standard docking rings? The trading opportunities would be vastly improved if these ships could be used as armed traders, docking at even the larger bases. The same would be true if the planets in the X-systems had mooring fixtures... 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Ive been watching this thread progress for quite some time now, and Id have to say that 1.6 is going to be the best FL Mod everperiod. While other Mods have defiled the FL experience with ships and plots from other franchises and made total conversions that simply don't make sense, CF has stayed true to the Lancer series. Taking into consideration all the new ships, innovative features, the addition of the Dom'Kavash, and the overall continuation of the Lancer plot, Id have to say that OP and his crew have some serious talent.

A while back someone mentioned replacing the cantina music in all the bars; if anyone needs an MP3 to tweak for the coalition bases, I think Ive got something that might just be the ticket (or maybe not). Just a light-hearted suggestion; if anyones interested, Ill hand it over (if considered, someone should edit it for length though).

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• @rg the scale doesnt matter... but you should get textures for your ship first
    and somehow the ships looks "round" i mean those borders... how many polygons does it have? (too many are not good for the performance)

Cunningham
    well the cantina already has been replaced on most stations... only coalition stations will play cantina music (but a special version this time)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @OP, that is not the final ship and yes, I think I overdone a little the ship cause it is like 2123 polygons. Please, tell me, up to how many max could be...Final release on the model is due monday, texture and harpoints thursday...

Thank you again,

RG...out

PS: By the way, could the miner be heavier, The flip rules for the assault event I dont think is fair. So if the miner ias heavier , small ships wont be able to flip it when they bump it :) What do you think??

[4] Don't argue, [3] Just do it

• the miner wont be changed... the mass is not important on this

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• But why Juny OUTFIT???

Why not only Juny? Without anything :tongue: :] :))8o:D:D:D

You dont need to say Im crazy, I know 8)

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• Update:
    Trains have CMS + Mines now
    ragebringer fixed (turret added)
    Sound added to Nephele (thunder)
    new cantina music integrated
    new introscreens
    Introscript fixed (missing engine on the scouser)
    Introscripts edited and new scripts created
    Introscript selector added (9 scripts available)
    Coalition Sabre Infocardbug fixed
    hydra mk3 display bug fixed (ship completely recreated)
    Alliance and Coalition Cockpits replaced with custom models
    Effect Ioncannon changed
    Coalition Gattling readjusted (now equal to the ppc - coalition fighters more dangerous)
    ppc does need 100% more energy
    hiruga music changed
    Extremely improved AI for ASF + CSF + Coalition
    Empathy changes on ASF+CSF -> this should prevent that factions go hostile when you kill ASF or CSF (needs to be tested online)
    17 Ship/Rank specific Escapepods (Engineer, Lifter Pilot, Miner Pilot, Liner Captain, Jailer, Transporter Captain, Ensign, Corporal, Sergeant, Major, Lieutenant, Figher Ace, Gunboat Commander, Cruiser Captain, Destroyer Captain, Battleship Captain, Admiral) -> can be sold at prisons

ok m8s.... ill give you the best mod in FL (again) and also the best server (as soon the lag reduction patches are running)
    now it is YOUR time to get players to the server, run the events, run the tournament, do roleplay, and finish the database
    for your work you will simply get "THE BEST"... and if thats not worth it...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• update:
    120 (better) traderoutes for blackmarket goods added

btw. i love the new AI ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmm... i'm seeing some new standards on this update, it's really going to be the best (and biggest in Mb) modification i've seen soo far.

But there's a bug with big fighters, such as Rage Bringer, Hydra and Elite Defender that i'm not shure if happens only in my pc, or if someone else experienced this bug. What happen is that when i try to dock with an station, the ship enter the station, and it just sit there, no "loading CF database", it just stay there stopped, and when the doors start to close, the ship try to get out and repeat the whole process. Then i have to alt-F4 off the game.

• the problem is whenever i test it... those ships are working fine for me and compared to other ships they are pretty small

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,