Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

There are 26 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• Im still excited about Rogue One.
    That was Star Wars in pure form.

Im really glad that the latest movies are not such a crap like episode 1-3

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah I was also disappointed from Episode 7 which was just a copy/paste from Episode 4, basically just a remake.

I think Episode 8 will be a remake from Episode 5 too... :D

About Rogue One, I liked it. I expected a bit more though, but generally I liked it. I think Disney is just trying to get their money back after purchasing the franchise.

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().

• Rogue One unfortunatly didnt get that good reviews, which is strange.
    Maybe the movie was fighting with the problem that it can be considered a prequel where the viewer already know how it will end.
    Or maybe its also because the movie didnt look high-end polished like modern movies. But that look was done by purpose... Rogue One was meant to look like the very first Star Wars movie. Dark and threatening.
    This way it was possible to link it directly with "A new Hope" which in my eyes was the main goal to achieve.

What Rogue One did was to introduce new characters that were not related to Han Solo or Luke Skywalker but still had one of the biggest impact on the whole Star Wars story.
    Characters with conflicting backstories but fighting for one common goal. I really liked that.
    I also liked that, putting Vader aside, the movie told a story without lightsaber wielding people. The only reference to the force was done by the blind monk who could sense the force but was unable to use it. (at first I thought that he might be some kind of Miraluka but that actually cant be because they are not just blind, they dont have eyes at all).

It was great to see that the Rebellion truely started just because of a bunch of ordinary people.
    I just hope that the new Han Solo movie wont be messed up. There is a significant risk in that because its about a character widely known in the Star Wars Universe and with a really huge fanbase.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• in episode 1 yoda and mace windu were talking about the one who brings balance
    maybe the next movies try to go this path

i just have no idea how that ever should happen
    in the lore of starwars the force always existed. dark and light side always fought
    eventhough the jedi are older than the sith there were dark empires before.

even the grey jedi couldnt find true balance

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah Rogue One was done like that on purpose in order to tells us what has happened in between of Episode 3 and 4. And the theme that it was 'dark' and the atmosphere like it was from the past century, definitely on purpose. The Force Awakens was crap to e Star Wars fan, but for non-fans (or people who haven't watched the movies) will be a good one.

As for the last Jedi, I think it refers to Luke Skywalker, since how Episode 6 ended, he was basically the last... unless he trained someone else between Episode 6 and 7.

And I thought the one who was about to bring balance to the Force was Anakin Skywalker? ;D ... because the Star Wars story is about 'balance' and since the Jedi were ruling the galaxy before Episode 3, Anakin Skywalker comes in and brings the balance, which is like 50/50 Jedi & Sith, because the sith were basically almost annihilated during Episode 1-3.

Anyway, here's a YouTube channel that I found a month or two ago which is an awesome channel about Star Wars theories in case you want to check it out:
    Star Wars Theory
    - YouTube

• Luke clearly trained new Jedi
    Kylo Ren.... and the Knights of Ren
    maybe more

I also have my doubts that all Jedi were killed end the end of episode 3. Just like Yoda and Obi Wan more could have survived.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i hate it when people knock on the prequel trilogy. Star Wars is Star Wars, okay? Want to watch a bad star wars flick? watch the 1978 Star wars Holiday Special or Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure for bad star wars movies.

Thats what makes Star Wars! The bad jokes and ignorance among the wise. When situations go from bad to worse. I don't really care that Anakin didn't like sand, so i rationalize it as Anakin's social awakwardness. Shit you got a 10 year difference between a padawan and fricken senator of COURSE he's not gonna know what to do. So instead of criticizing bad acting and poor direction, just enjoy the movie.

Really, nobody cares about the opinions of the prequel trilogy. Especially George Lucase or Kathleen Kennedy.

Anakin did bring balance to force when he tossed the Emperor down an exhaust shaft and he exploded into a woosh a dark energy. Luke managed to turn Vader back from the dark side. I mean...it just took for Palpatine to start zapping him for Vader to Realize he's not such a bad guy.

According the the EU (branded Star Wars Legends), Luke was successful in establishing the New Jedi Order on Yavin IV. Even trained Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo (the true offspring of Han and Leia) Their fates as follows: Jacen Turned to the dark side and was killed by his sister, Jaina and Anakin Solo died sacrificing himself to save the Alliance fleet.

There were a handful of Jedi who Survived Order 66. Among them are (according to Wookiepedia with Confirmations)
    - Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
    - Master Yoda
    - Master Luminara Unduli
    - Master Uvell
    - Ahsoka Tano
    - Kanan Jarrus

Gray Jedi are the best examples of balance in the force! They'll get their hands dirty where a Jedi would refuse and they would show compassion when a sith would not

Lastly, trailer gave me goosebumps

• but.... Anakin.... well... nvm

there was no balance
    light side won

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Who said that they were acting bad?

We were talking about bad script here, they repeat the same thing over and over again and it's stupid (i.e seeing the Death Star for the 1000th time and with the same script that the Alliance comes together and saves the whole galaxy).

My suggesting is -> Stop continuing the story and come up with a new one (like in the games). If not, just hire Christopher Nolan and he will save the franchise, although Disney doesn't want to spend money now due to the purchase of the Star Wars franchise which I believe cost them 4 billion dollars, so of course that they want to get their money back by making crap movies and selling a lot of Star Wars merchandise.

• Capitalism at it's finest, friends

And i look at the balance of the light side and dark side as if it were a see-saw or teeter totter. Sometimes the Light side gains dominance and other times the dark side has won. Back and forth for the last 20,000 years

• Well, that's basically the Star Wars story.

What I want them to do is really start working on the script or start a whole new story because they repeat the same thing(script/story) all over again and it's getting really tired of seeing it for the 100th time.

But unfortunately everything nowadays is made for profit and less quality, so...

• More Rogue One like stories? Show more galactic culture and less fancy space wizards. I can get behind that.

I mean, it's not like there isn't a trove of stories to make into movies from the video games, books and comics. But it's all non-canon and Disney hates star wars because of it

• I don't know if Disney really hates non-canon stories, but the stories in the video games are much more interesting and better than those in the official movies and it would be really awesome to see a whole new story with different characters OR even the same characters (I won't mind it), but a different and better story than those which we have now in the official movies.

But they really care all about money and not quality, so... I doubt that they will come up with a whole new storyline anytime soon.

• well they don't want to share the profits from stories created by 3rd parties. The Comic Books, games, novels etc. They don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of getting the licensing in addition to having to cut some of the profits with those creators within the extended universe.

I mean it's cool they are doing spin-off stories such as Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo movie. There was talk about an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie, but there's not much more to him. Maybe his fling with the Duchess Satine of Mandalore (prior to the Clone Wars) could be made into a 2 hour movie. But as you said, they're not going to make a movie if there's not money to be made.

Idiots like me will go pay 11 bucks to go see a star wars movie thankfully