meaning of life

There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lashan.

• I`am strating this thread to finde the meaning of live i havent finde it yet! so what do you sink what is the meaning of live?

my teoris theorys are theat we are her to becom samsing higer,like to bekom a higer race,but maby its different so what do you sink of it ?

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• Raven, get a better english teacher. :D

About that reborning into a higher race:
    I think that a human has to exist in this world 15 times before he can reborn into a higher race.

But my theory of the meaning of life is:
    We live `coz in this case we are helping god destroying what he wants to desroy, but can`t do it by himself - The universe. He can`t do it `coz we`re his children. He allready did that mystake once & flooded the whole world. Now he wants us human to destroy our world & existence, so we can`t blame him for our distresses.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• the meaning of life it the existence itself

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the meaning of life is a film by monty phyton
    quite funny btw

link

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• What you are is God's gift to you; what you make of yourself is your gift back to God...[angel]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Nice thinkings,but Pandora how can be the meaning of live to live if we all die at the end,we live on this on this planet but thean way do we die if the meaning of live is to live , the reasonablest thought is OP coz ther is no pruf theat after death we dont exist

@ Centaurian ohhh! camon,do you realy meen theat ?

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• the meaning of life is to live, the meaning of death is to die, you're trying to ask more than the meaning of life really, you just don't think it. We live, then we die, That's it. Whatever happens to our consciousness after we die is anyone's guess. There must be supporting facts for me to believe in something. I think that our life-force, our consciousness, is transfered to whatever consumes us, whether that be some sort of beast or decomposing bacteria. It makes sense to me, but I do not believe it, I'd like to, I certainly believe more in that than any deity. The truth is there is no way to find out what happens to our life-force or consciousness after we die. Yes we can stop someone's heart and then restart it, but the person won't be able to tell us what they saw, because your consciousness is neutralized when you're dead and in a deep sleep. So believe what you want, and make the most of your life, because for all we can prove, it may well be your only chance.

@ Centaurian ohhh! camon,do you realy meen theat ?

Yes, I do, and it is a comforting thought. Of course, lots of people subscribe to the "goo -> zoo -> YOU!" theory, but I have seen enough evidence in my own life to be confident that there is more than mere sentient biology operating in the universe. And consider that the majority of humans believe in some form of God; can all 5 billion of them be wrong? (The other billion or so are welcome to their doubts.)

At the end of the day, I am happy that I have purpose in life, even if others can't see why I should be happy about it! :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

• death is not the end

it goes on... coz of your children... your friends... family... and all the things you do

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The meaning of life is for us all to live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. :D

Acually the meaning of life is to question everything in existance itself. Questioning the impossible is what helps us evolve.

• it is very possible that the 5 billion people you speak of are wrong, give me proof that god exists and I'll shut up, and don't say things like "prove that god doesn't exist" because that is not a real answer.

"the other billion or so are welcome to their doubts" ?

yes, as you are welcome to neutralize your fears with the hope that there will be something after death for your consciousness. There is, in my opinion. Your consciousness is split into whatever takes you, decay probably, or beast for all you crocodile hunters.

Op, you're right.

Baldy, grow up. :D j/k

• meaning of live, hmm. different from person to person.
    for baldwin: spam alot of forums :)).

there are 2 options:

1) nothing after death
    2) something after death

1) the human live is just an appearance. they will live for some 1000years and disappear like the dinos. (good short movie for this: das rad from chris stenner)

2) i have no clue what is there

just do whatever you want to do in your live. its your live, you only have one life, there is no second chance. do it now, dont say to you "i will do this and that later..." later = death.

I don't fear anything.
    [SIZE=1] - Remy Bonjasky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

Freelancer Videos: [ Movie 1 ][ Movie 2 ][ Movie 3 ]

• Right Grinder !

You've done a god.. good analysis of the subject.

I will add that we shall give our love to others... Even if we are individuals, we are living with others and sharing love, emotions, ideas and so and so... is one of the things wich make this world bearable.

So show and tell to the others you love them !

As said Grinder, we have one life, so don't spoil it !

I don't remember who make this quote but i like it "Plan your life as if you where immortal, and live it as if you will die tomorrow"

Have a nice day... :rolleyes:

Harlan_Liner

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux"

A. St EXUPERY

"Homo hominis lupus"

• i introduced all this info in my big computer and it answered:

"the meaning of life is: 42"

im building a bigger comp in order to know the meaning of that sentence

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• Pandora mentioned people brought back from the brink of death through resuscitation in many cases ppl in those situations gave reported near death encounters which comprised of strange physical sensations or visions some ppl believe that this is a sign of the afterlife however others believe that these result of the body and brain finally shutting down as the human brain lives for up to 5 minutes after cardiopulmonary functions have ceased so its a matter of faith and what u personally believe which brings around to centurions statement of religion there has never been proof that any god exists and no proof that any god doesn't exist again a religion is a personal belief and if a religion brings comfort or a sense of purpose to a persons life in my view the god they worship really exists because he lives in that persons heart. Anyone who has a basic knowledge of physics knows that energy cannot be created or destroyed only transferred so when a human life begins at conception the electrochemical reaction of the sperm and the egg fuels the creation of life could this not interpreted as he creation of that persons soul? also the human brain uses a massive amount of electrical energy to operate and those thought patterns and other chemical and electrical systems define each of us as an individual and as energy cannot be created or destroyed maybe that spark of our personality does is exist somewhere else either in a after life or at the very least it stays in the universe in which was created

• Who can demonstarate the physical or mechanical process by which protoplasm receives cognition? How does the sum of synaptic activity equate to a personality? How does one speciies so far outstrip all others in development, that it globally dominates the use of resources and the survival of all other species? There are evidences all around us that God exists, and it is questions like these which our science cannot answer. We may have theories about how the universe functions, but we cannot prove how the universe came into existence, or why virtually all life is built upon the same double-helix molecules, or a host of other questions.

It takes faith to believe many "scientific" theories, because first causation is not something science can prove or demonstrate. My belief in God is not a tool to suppress fear, but rather a reasonable conclusion based upon evidences of the order with which the delicate balance of our fragile existence has been created...

• ugh, I give up, it's hopeless, you guys keep either skimming the top or getting lost, there is no way for me to explain how it all works, and you don't have to believe I know how it all works, but I know I know how it all works, maybe I should write a book, spend the rest of my life trying to explain how it all works. I got a nice home now, nice living, the only thing that worries me is my friends, one's in the American army, the other wants to join the army as soon as possible, they've both already been shot.

Thinking about this makes me get a strong case of vertigo.

• I find it interesting that the world's most intelligent man (I forget his name), a mathematician, is convinced that he can prove God's existence mathematically... I wonder what the world's most intelligent woman (Marilyn Vos Savant?) thinks of his efforts... 8)