There are 81 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Yesterday evening No Mans Sky got released.
    But be warned. Atm this game suffers massive technical problems on PC.
    Thousands of players reported that the game does not start, that you can not alt+tab or that the game crashes frequently.
    Next to that is the performance of the game for many players a catastrophy.

Even on high end PC the FPS remains terribly low.

I have installed the game yesterday and I am one of the lucky ones which can at least get the game started and i didnt have crashes.
    My first tries inside the game however were not so great due to 20 FPS max and drops down to 5-10 fps from time to time.
    I dont have a bad PC... a 8 core with a pretty good graphic card and lots of ram. I am way above the requirements for this game.

My advice right now is to wait.... if you intend to buy this game.
    The performance problems are known and maybe a patch will roll out in the next days or weeks.

If you already have the game you can do a few things to improve the performance.
    I first patched rolled out which simply updates a few redists on your PC. Personally I doubt that this will help much since I had the bad performance even after that update. But who knows.

You can also try to go to the options and disable vsync, switch from full screen mode to borderless window and raise the max FPS to the highest settings. Some players reported that improved everything a bit.

The game itself... from 2 hours gameplay last evening isnt bad.
    It is very intuitive. You instantly know what to do and how to do it. Thats pretty good.
    The start of the game felt somewhat short.
    You are a pilot that crashed on a planet and now you need to find a way to get away from it.
    So you start collecting resources, repairing your space suit, repairing your scanner... find an energy source for your mining laser and eventually find all resources to construct whatever is needed to repair your ship.
    In my eyes this part of the game is too short... too easy.
    Dunno, maybe I just had luck and crashed in an area where most of the resources could easily be found.

And thats where it gets where i can do a small review.
    Putting the technical problems aside (I have faith that they can fix that).
    The game feels a bit fast paced in the beginning... but that could be intentional to motivate players.
    Its very easy to play and easy to understand. No complicated rules... no restrictions.... just try not to die while exploring that world.
    And there it gets to the more problematic parts.
    The world is big.... incredible big. There are 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets. If you want to explore them all you will need to buy some extra livetime because if you want to explore them all you need roughly 584 billion years (of course minus the 2 hours that I already played).

It is an online game where in theory it is possible to meet other players. I havent met someone yet.... and probably dont meet someone in future because of the size of the game. You are pretty much lonely out there.
    And thats in my eyes ... well... Id rather have a smaller game but more player interaction than a giant game where you never encounter another human being. But thats just my opinion.

In my short test I have managed to fly away from the planet, dock at a space station, sell my commodities... make some money and fly to the next planet in that system.
    I explore artifacts, monoliths and other objects to learn the language of the dominant species of the system.... well... I have learned 15 words so far which allowed me to do a quest on their space station.
    If you interact with other species you can see what they say on your screen but in their language. IF you learn words then parts of the alien language gets translated. This way learning the language helps you to understand the other species and allows you to interact with them. But that takes time.

Overall an interesting game for explorers.
    I just hope that additional content will be added later because I fear this game could be very repetive soon.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Trying it on PC, let's see how it runs.

All the human beings who don't want to hide are probably around the universe center. If I make a base I want it to be safely far away and near impossible to find, so a big space/world is attractive.

Edit + TAB TIP: Game works awesome but it's true you can't Alt+Tab out and back in. BUT you actually CAN "Tab" back in the game if you open Task Manager and double click on no man sky's "application". At least game screen comes back for me every time.

Edit2: Houston we have a problem, they are already here (starter planet):

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 7 times, last by Michael ().

• 10.6°C
    you have luck

my first world was burning hot
    76°C average
    the next world I visited and where i still am is toxic

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Im still on my spawn planet, talked with live aliens (but they wanted some rare substance which I gave in exchange for tech) in big camps/operation centers, found another crashed ship (which you can swap to and pilot the new ship instead) which had a distress signal I had to unlock by guessing the next number in a mathematical sequence, drop pods(extra inventory slot upgrade for exosuit), shelters, got warp drive and warp cells, next Ill go to space to see what this warping actually is.

Edit: Its nice that you can get better ships but isn't there any way to own more ships at the same time ? As it's made for consoles I guess it's just a singular ship max.

Edit 2: Another tip, you can press Q (melee) right before Space bar (Jetpack) while pressing Shift (Sprint) and you fly like x2 faster from the melee thrust/push than normal sprinting speed.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 6 times, last by Michael ().

• 3rd planet.... acid rain
    every planet is trying to kill me

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I noticed now that the initial stars passing by scene when the game is loading is not random effects, it's the galactic map and you can see the solar systems you explored over there. Their names and stuff.

BTW how the planetary maps are generated here and few trees n such spinning/deforming as you approach them in the distance, it's exactly like in "Planet Explorers" a game with the exact same topic as this one where you can also build vehicles weapons and ships and all but no going out in space mode. I remember making a thread about it here before. Visual quality ain't worse in that game but yeah you are stuck to one planet and it's long WIP campaign.

• right now the low fps bothers me
    i hope that there will be a fix soon

for now i keep the graphic settings low and try to make a bit money and increase my inventory slots
    ive almost 20 slots on my space suit now and my ship has 25 slots
    got a multitool with 10 slots which I always try to keep upgraded

Files

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• New TIP:

Apparently there's a very important decision making at the 3rd solar system you visit.

I'm not sure why the low fps issues for you, with normal Intel MB and GTX card, I have stable 60 with everything maxed, SSAA x4 and Anisostropic on 8, even when flying or in space combat.

100 slots multi tool wtf ?? Highest I found was 8 or 10.

My last spaceship, despite having seen dozen different "kinds" of ship shapes, it looked nearly like yours, same kind (at a Trading Post atm, trying to find deals and better ships, seemed faster than at space station). Guess that means you also live in the Korax area, out of the 4 galactic races there are.

My current ship, found it abandoned after decyphering this sequence I had to google... Braingle: '-2, 4, -12, 48, -240, ...' Brain Teaser and was this:
    6653bbfab1d2230384a6e29158c74d4a.jpg

Edit: Looks like Im going back to your model type of ship:
    cb2e07f81d38397662584d86a185ff42.jpg

Files

• sry i meant 10 slots on the multitool

the number sequences are pretty simple
    there are ones where the position of the numbers changes slightly (one step forward or one step backward)
    and there is the one that you have posted above.... there you have to multiply the numbers to get the next correct answer
    really not rocket science

that ship you have there is pretty good... and very expensive
    the only crashed ship i have found so far was pretty much crap (17 slots)
    That was in Korvax space but meanwhile I have encountered 2 other races... so the territories must be pretty spread.

the performance problems seem to be pretty common in this game... there have been thousands of reports and the game has more negative reviews than positive ones due to that.
    i simply hope that fixes will be done soon

basically minecraft in space?

no... in minecraft you can create an environment
    here you just try to explore
    Its kinda like a survival game in space... at least its following the same principle.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah, no building or such, you can mine into the ground though (few areas with resources into the ground so its like mining) and you can blow off holes with the plasma at multi tool anywhere in the ground no matter if normal ground. Basically to make shelter from extreme conditions.

Now I wonder what does it mean to survive a SOL in extreme condition planets though, will have to google.

New equation I had to google...

80 71 63 56 ... xD

Edit: Maximum starship cargo size is 48... unfortunately. Guess now I only have to change ship if I find one that looks nicer and still has 48 slots and more Hyperdrive upgrades. Only seen 3 so far, low one Sigma, higher one Tau and even higher one(from description) Theta, but there's a 4th somewhere.

Never knew there's actual weather in this game, a weather alert and the actual storm came, on an Earth like planet.

Edit 2: @SWAT_OP-R8R hope you have the optimized build 1.03 not 1.00, mine is from GOG and seems to already have it on. Not sure about steam.

• im pretty sure they didnt release an old version on steam

and yes... there is weather...
    I noticed that extremely on a planet which had +150°C on day and - 78°C at night. Everytime the day/night cycle changed a massive storm brake loose

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Damn you explored quite a lot or just unlucky, still have to find the extreme conditions planets which increase my achievements at surviving on them.

I was bit captivated by the grassy lands of this planet to keep exploring...

Having animals as pets is actually useful sometimes.

Files

• I had multiple burning hot worlds... multiple icy ones... one with extreme radiation... one toxic world... one that was hot at day and cold at night... one with massive storms all the time
    and one with good weather... but there the drones were extremely agressive and constantly attacked me

ohh and....

80 71 63 56 ... xD

->50

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah, just found an extreme sentinel security one, now I know what the nice dog robot models in the mechanic rooms at the bases were for. Bit creepy to see them chasing you, and that on an Oceanic world, normal weather, but half full of oceans.

They say once you see 10 planets you think u seen it all, well I dont have that opinion yet. Still get surprises, even seen hopping plants as creatures lol... And didnt find an extreme condition planet yet, extreme sentinel alert doesn't count. It works for the achievement though.

Black holes ftw

Edited 2 times, last by Michael ().

• read it backwards:

"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, we, The Kovax, sought to boldly go where no one had gone before. And so we each took up our towels, held our thumbs aloft and hitchhiked our way across the universe to carve a monolith."

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• That's taken from the post... nice easter egg tho if it's real.

Meanwhile, did you find any earth like planet like this one? Mine I posted before actually looks less earth like than this one:

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• I am with the Geks, Kovars are its enemies as far as i found out. I find it good that the quality is not better at PC than on PS4. I currently reached a new system and find it hard to discover all the stuff and there is barely and hint to look for specific stuff. At the beginning there was a read crystal that should guide me, I selected yes, but havent found any way point :(

However i discovered 100% of 1 planets creatures already, 1 of 7 planets i can reach up to now.

signature.png

• That's nice, I didnt get 100% on any planet, afterall Im going for the galactic center and atlas path goal. Will need it for the achievements though.