Future Project

There are 97 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by teempade04.

• yes thats possible
    eventhough i personally consider a planar level design the best choice... afterall does system rotation force all objects to spin on a plane (under normal conditions)
    but that wouldnt prevent flight to be possible in all directions

main reason why it wasnt done this way in FL was the 2d map
    setting waypoints in a 3 dimensional environment is not possible in a 2d map

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I just found this thread, and man I SIMPLY LOVE THE WHOLE IDEA. Great work until now. I totally agree with the others, i would like to see a Fl type game, but when it comes, to the combat, ship moving. I would like to see new ships, bigger ones, maybe even ships that you can dock to, like a ship transporter, but that's not really important right now. What i would like to know is, is this project still on a go? (there hasn't been an update in some time as i see). What's your feel about it SWAT?

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• to be honest, i havent touched it in the past months

- lack of support
    - other stuff to do
    - lack of motivation recently

dunno
    maybe this sad situation will change in 2017

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx for this honestly statement! :salutes

maybe this sad situation will change in 2017

Hope this situation will be changed sooner! :)

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• keep counting and ruin my december...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ah cmom... it wasnt all that bad

we crashed an expensive satellite on a comet... and another one on mars
    we left multiple impacts in space

on earth everything is shiny... especially the radioactive material that was found when the ice over an abbandoned military base melted due to global warming.

overall it wasnt that..... fuck it... yes it was terrible and 2017 will be worse
    challenge accepted!

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OPR8R, I think it's awesome that you're putting time into developing something completely new. I've always wanted something similar to FL in a newer engine. there are games that are kind of similar, most notably for me Elite Dangerous and EVE Online, but they just don't feel near the same. I wish you the best of luck with this, and a happy holidays my friend.

It's not in my budget right now because I'm unemployed, but once I get some cash flow in a year or so, I'm totally going to donate a good sum of money to you my dude. You have no idea how excited I am to here that someone is even making a concept for something like this.

I'm excited for STAR CITIZEN, but I have a feeling you won't have that same feeling freelancer has, they're going to overcomplicate things too much just like Elite Dangerous IMHO.

G O O D L U C K

• thx, will try my best

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Would be a good idea to make sure it keeps alive all along throught the project (there already is a community here to add with activity n spreading but the game itself, can be difficult to keep ppl interested in it)... because I see nice looking games which could've been sold as top if they were done couple years back, which are basically inactive.

Like:
    Antarix Windows, Mac game - Indie DB

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I just saw this thread OP. I am intermediate with Javascript, know how to compile in netbeans, and have MAJOR experience with databases, MYSQL especially. I see that you are looking to use the Unity Engine, great choice lot's of support.

I am on board for this project, and willing to work for you. I'd start with a single system open sandbox, I think copying the FL model is a great idea. A few trade lanes, a few commodities, 1-2 ships, a few weapons, and the user interfaces. There are plenty of designers who will do models for free, I know a few graphic artists...I want to make your dream a reality.

Once you have a fully functional sandbox system, you can start applying that structure to expand. Just to make one system that complete would take a few months with a skeleton crew, but I think it would be a great experience, I can help a lot and learn alot from you, and would like to embark on this journey with you :)

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• link in 1st post is Unity Web Player | Continuum

OH MY ******** GOD THIS IS AMAZING! SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

OP, I want to help you develop this. The port of textures is amazing, and that's just the web player, I can't imagine how an optimized application would look and run! Please message me, give me a project to do to help, ask me what I know how to do, I want to make this a reality. You could port the entire Crossfire Universe to an updated engine, and the name Continuum is perfect, continuing the game into the next generation. I am on board 100% <3

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• step by step
    right now the dynamic universe is still under observation and will be extended asap
    and people wanted to build outposts in Inner Core which requires updates

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,