Lag kick + Lag restart

There are 88 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• lol

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Whatever...

Need a gun,shield or any piece of equipment?Need a tour around Crossfire? You came to the right place! The *at corporation has the best prices and outstanding quality.We offer tour guides throughout Crossfire for very small fees. Contact me or any player with *at tag for details. :pimp:

• can we try the lagthing with CF 1.57 again plz?
    think it will work fine with this version.

I don't fear anything.
    [SIZE=1] - Remy Bonjasky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

Freelancer Videos: [ Movie 1 ][ Movie 2 ][ Movie 3 ]

• i have restarted twice due to lag ,can do it anytime if needed

• ppl with lag to the server cause lag to the others. there is an autolagkick.

I don't fear anything.

[SIZE=1]AMD64 X2 4200+ | 1024 RAM | 9700 GS | MSI K8N SLI Platinum, nForce4 SLI | 1,2 TB | 22"CRT | FL@1280x960x32bit@xxx fps | XP with SP2 [/SIZE]

• This might be a help for some of us...atleast we could identify if the trouble was on our end and get with our IP......though they might not do anything...we could try to get it straight......I flew and faught beuatifuly last night.....but I'd hate to think that I was the cause of others not haveing a great time.....really

• I'm connecting with a WiFi , how can check that i'm not creating lag when i'm connecting to the server ?

Harlan_Liner

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux"

A. St EXUPERY

"Homo hominis lupus"

• ;( i want to give it a try again. server crashed and lagged today during the battle like hell.

I don't fear anything.

• Tonight has got to have been one of the worst night ever.
    The server re-kicked way to many times to be a normal thing. some1 is messing with with mods again i suspect
    [3] [3] [3] [3] [3] [3] [3]

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• For once i can play at night ! [1]

Harlan_Liner

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux"

A. St EXUPERY

"Homo hominis lupus"

• Fine or not, trobuling or not, the lagkick and the serwrrestart are needed. Better you lost one misson throght restart, then the lag make impossible to fight for all day. ;)

A BOY WITH STARS IN HIS EYES
    SHOOTING THE RAPIDS OF HEAVEN

Robert holdstock: ELITE the dark wheel

• my ping usually averages between 159-185, not sure of my lag rating. but when i log on i usually don't get a ping reading less than 160 on any server i look at on freelancer. and i usually run the bare minimum in software on my system when playing freelancer.
    And being so i very rarely ever have a problem with lag. but if i would not be allowed to connect to any FL server unless my ping is less than 150 i would never be allowed to play on any server period. but if that was to happen i guess i'll just find another game to play.

just my oppinion.

• privateer: Other programs should never be running while playing CF. I know that if Gunny catches someone doing this he will ban them faster than you can say lag.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Understand that and agree. The only programs that run in the background here are the ones i can't shut down because my xp won't let me because they are required. The only non required software i run in background is a virus scanner. And being that i am on high speed internet i fear shutting it down because of the potential risk that comes from high speed internet. but if that shouldn't be running while playing FL i will be willing to accept the risk to a point for the love of the game. :))

• try a program called The Ultimate troubleshooter as this help turn of programs that boot with the startup and are not required. this will also help speed up your p.c. for all other thing you do.

carbine[CFPD]

• Where can I find the program? It sounds interesting and I do the same as Wanderer so it might help me too..

Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions
    and great wizards of emerald cities, I find it
    hard to believe there is no paperwork involved
    when your house lands on a witch.
    - Dave James

:tongue:

• 72 ping with the following apps running together with FL: Winamp, Ewido, MSN+, Hotsync Manager (for my PDA, can't shut down bcuz my palm is constantly connected to the desktop), Hotkey Driver (can't shut down either, or my kickass multimedia keyboard would power down)

• *From Wikipidia
    =======================================================================================
    [SIZE=3]Gaming [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Lag [/SIZE] , from "lag behind", is a slang term for slow Internet speeds or Internet latency; Lag is sometimes due to a server problem, but more frequently due to the connection between client and server. A slow or intermittent connection may often be referred to as laggy.

Lag Slang

A lagger or laggot (occasionally, High Ping Bastard (HPB), High Ping Whiner (HPW), Lag Fag, Paper Modem or Panda Lagger) is someone who uses a relatively slow 56 kbit/s modem to connect to the Internet, then joins a multiplayer online game and who therefore has a high ping time. In synchronous games, where all clients must know the exact game state, a single "lagger" will slow down the game for everyone, since the server has to wait for the client to get every communication packet. However, many online games use an asynchronous communication model, allowing the clients to continue even if they drop occasional packets. A high-pinger who does not inhibit the overall performance, just his own, is sometimes known as a High Ping Bait.

It should also be noted that a few players using 56k modems intentionally disrupted their outbound data traffic in order to induce a "warp" effect. When this happens, their location in the game world is only intermittenly updated, causing them to jump across the screen at unpredictable intervals and becoming impossible to hit. This was once a common form of cheating, hence the terms, Lag Cheater, and Lag Armor. This has largely been overcome in modern games by effectively reversing how the networking code functions. On old games, the target's computer informs the shooter whether or not he has been hit. This resulted in having to lead a target, a practice known as Lag Shooting. In modern games, the shooter's computer determines whether the shot has hit or not, and tells the target (What You See is What You Get). A player attempting this cheat now is only rendering himself High Ping Bait.

Low Ping Bastard or LPB is a phrase that originated during the time when Quake was a highly popular multiplayer online first-person shooter. The term came into common usage when broadband Internet connections first came into the reach of home users and were competing with people limited to a 56 kbit/s or slower modem connection. This term was so widely used because of the havoc wreaked upon the other users of these servers by the LPBs due to their overwhelming advantage in reaction time afforded by their connection.

Additionally, the term chop also denotes a laggy or lagged connection. This term was coined during the Quake series of first person shooters as a player could run a command to see a graphical output of their connection superimposed on the in-game screen. During times of poor connectivity, the graph would look like a saw-tooth or ocean waves; hence the term 'chop'. It also refers to the choppy movement a severe lagger sees in these games due to intermittent update of game data.

A 56ker or 56k demon is a slang term for a person using a 56 kb modem connection. These connections are considered to be slow compared to modern broadband connections and generally result in lewd complaints from other higher bandwidth participants in the game or channel. On many game servers, having such a connection is grounds for immediate banning, spawncamping, or teamkilling. This practice is commonly referred to as Smear the Queer.

Lagtard and fisher price comp also come into play when insulting a lagger.

Also the term ricking can be used when refering to lag.
    =======================================================================================

regards,

RG

PS: This is not an spam but a clarification of terms. But if in any case would be considered it as an spam, please feel free to remove it

[4] Don´t argue, [3] Just Do it

Good Friends are Forever [prost]

We always remember the ones who are not with us within our heart

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350"></embed></object>
    My Mind is Free & My Imagination would take me to places I never dream of 8)