Posts by Wanderlust

thanks OP for all the hard work and Thanks to everyone else that is helping you in you endevours. Take all the time you guys need to keep this the best mod in Freelancer. :D

Congradulations Doppleganger.

Taxi service and night club...hmmmm That means you have to pay him to take you to his night club, Then you pay him to enter the night club, Then you pay for stuff in the night club like drinks, etc, etc, then you have to tip the women and the bar, Then you pay him again to take you home.....Now that sounds like a win win win win win situation...Darn my luck needs to change somewhere :D:D

i myself would have thought it means once you push the f1 key there would be a delay of 40000ms before you are given the popup screen to exit or change characters. Which if that would be so i think would solve alot of bickering about f1ing out during pvp...or couldn't hurt. It might also make people think that f1ing out during pvp would be useless because by the time they are given the popup screen to do so it would be all over for them...So it might be best just to go ahead finish the fight win or loose...I think thats how it should be set, Then that way you still have the option to f1 out when you are docked or no one else is around bothering you.

I agree that the RP needs to be diversified a little by blockadeing multiple trade routes at the same time for all BMG. like the one from new york to leeds carrying station blueprints for instance. Or they need to try a rotating blockade by blocking differnent trade routes but without letting players know which route they have chosen to blockade for th day. Yoou know kkep the players guessing. I can't make for a hell of a suprise if the player stumbles upon the blockade thinking it isn't being gaurded.
    And i feel that BG should keep ot up for as long as possible and CFPD should do the same for all BMG because if all BMG are illegal then all law abiding clans and police should do their job to prevent the smuggling for RP.
    I for one enjoyu it cause the other night i ran the LA to SOL Agent list run with a full soulforge of 5000 and the experince so intense for me cause i didn't know if the BG would find me and destroy me. I did finish the run out but my adrenaline was through the roof and my trigger finger was cramped from the intensity of the run. Now that was great for me...I nearly fell out of my seat when i docked at sol from the nerve racking journey.
    At the time there was no BG on for a moment and i was afraid that at any moment they would come on and scan me for any gov agent list. Keep up the good RP BG.

I don't think i was here at the time when whatever happened..happened. But his post to op seems to be very sincere and very respectfull of the admin and op and the server. If people said they don't ever remember the player doing anything to make himself an outcast and he was just following what his clan leaders told him when he left. I say let him return to have fun again. And i agree with Gunny on the conditions. He did have the respect to ask for permission from op without trying to return under an unknown identity...That has to say alot about the kind of person he is. So i say let him return so he can play on CF with his friends again.

i feel F1 out to change characters when the target ship is in the location so that you appear right in front of them and start to open fire to destroy them is bad sportmanship because the target will never have a fighting chance. I feel the person doing the blockade should switch characters when they see the target just enter dublin..then they can sit and wait for the target to get to them. at least the target can have a fighting chance. Other wise the character ought to just sit and let all blockade persons come to them and just sit will they shoot at the target and not fight back. But i also feel the character doing the smuggling of black market goods should not be allowed to F1 out once they enter dublin also. They should either stay and fight, Turn and run, or try docking at the nearest planet or base for protection. Then try undocking and finishing the run at their own risk.
    Just my Opionion.

played every kind of fighter game and and sim game i could get my hands on. a friend told me about fl and tried to get me playing it. i refused for atleast 2 to 3 months cause it just didn't look interesting to me what so ever. just so happened i worked with my friend for 40 hours a week and for that much time a week for 2 to 3 months of listening to him rave about it i finally told him to shut the fuck up and give me the damn thing if it will make him shut up.
    i'm still pissed at him cause it's the only agme i play now. and i think i'm starting to annoy him with all the raving now. i don't even remember the names of the other games i use to play or even where to begin to locate them in this house.
    who needs drugs or alcohol FL is the most addictive thing i do and don't have much time for anything else now. my wife has to come in here and almost literatly pull the plug on the computer to get any time from sometimes. but she laugh's about it cause she knows exactly where i am all the time. locked in my room staying out of trouble on FL. lol

never accord to me to check those things...i do remember haveing sound problems in the past now that it's been mentioned. my video card is a nvidia geforce fx 5200 128 meg ddr with the lastest drivers i could find.

all info has been appreciated. thanks.

thank you that's good to know. I don't recall ever useing those type of guns. If i came across one i'll try it out and see what happens myself.

thank you for the reply...very helpful.

As Freelancer Trent always say's

"Thank you, Could be Useful" :)

God i hope i got that saying correct. lol

Understand that and agree. The only programs that run in the background here are the ones i can't shut down because my xp won't let me because they are required. The only non required software i run in background is a virus scanner. And being that i am on high speed internet i fear shutting it down because of the potential risk that comes from high speed internet. but if that shouldn't be running while playing FL i will be willing to accept the risk to a point for the love of the game. :))

If the server is having problems with the lag due to people using the server. Is there anything that can be done on our end to help reduce the lag? and is there a way to reduce the ping you get when logging on? thank you for any suggestion.

my ping usually averages between 159-185, not sure of my lag rating. but when i log on i usually don't get a ping reading less than 160 on any server i look at on freelancer. and i usually run the bare minimum in software on my system when playing freelancer.
    And being so i very rarely ever have a problem with lag. but if i would not be allowed to connect to any FL server unless my ping is less than 150 i would never be allowed to play on any server period. but if that was to happen i guess i'll just find another game to play.

just my oppinion.